#64380 06/24/09 10:35 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Does Clark's story work [but be gentle if it doesn't - I feel like crap today wink ]?

Thanks smile .

Carol

#64381 06/24/09 11:13 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
"So what now?" he asked. "Just sit here for a few more hours."

"We could always make out."
/snork-snork

Yeah, Lois, that's a great idea with armed men with less-than-benign intentions looking for you. You're not a quiet kisser.

Clark's story works fine, Carol. And I liked the parts about Sam and Ellen and their trials and tribulations. It sounds like they'd get along with Jonathan and Martha just fine.

So, will Clark ever find his ship? If so, will he put his hand on the panel and read the rest of the messages? Or will Zara have to be there to do that? And what will Lois think about the New Kryptonians (assuming they're part of this story)? We're all assuming that his powers will come back, but when? Will they figure out that maximum surface exposure to solar radiation will enhance the process? And will Lois strip down with him - just to make him less uncomfortable? (Yeah, that's just how he'd react.)

Looking forward to tomorrow's post.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#64382 06/24/09 12:00 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL at your tag, Terry.

Great idea with posting short segments every day, Carol. Allows more specific FDK, and more "cliffhangers" which you are introducing wonderfully with your finishing sentences. Love the plot, and the somewhat breakneck speed at which it seems to be going.

Keep up the excellent work.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#64383 06/24/09 01:50 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Not only does Clark's story work, but I think it's a very clever idea on the part of the author. The idea of there being a flight path over much of the US that night makes a lot of sense -- I buy it! And Sam and Ellen's marital history is certainly different from the show (which is the point of this story) but makes for an interesting back story. They had a lot of difficulties early on, before they found Clark, but as an older, more mature couple, they were able to raise him into a fine young man. I don't know about anyone else, but you've got me on board! smile1

#64384 06/24/09 04:56 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, it definitely works! And it explains why there's kryptonite in Smallville. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#64385 06/24/09 05:23 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The explanation was great for the Kryptonite in Smallville. I also like the way that Star made an appearance to provide a little psychic help! thumbsup

Bob

#64386 06/24/09 05:56 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I liked Clark's story. It's like the rest of this story has been - Lois and Clark switched, but not quite exactly switched. This works as a plausible explanation of how Clark could've turned out as Clark even with Lois's parents. (I really hope that sentence makes sense to anyone besides me!)

And really, fantastic suggestion by Lois at the end!

Amber

#64387 06/24/09 06:18 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark's backstory is brilliant. You did a terrific job explaining how Sam and Ellen Lane could become the kind of parents who could raise Superman, and how kryptonite could end up in Smallville without baby Clark.

I do have one question, though. Since I got married right out of college I'm not assuming the answer, nor being snarky. Honest question: does anyone over high school age actually use the term 'make out'?

Oy, this Lois is as subtle as a brick to the head! wink

Still romping, Carol. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64388 06/24/09 06:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love it. goofy

Yeah, Clark's story works for me. I like that Sam and Ellen still had problems like the show, but that they straightened up and still raised Clark well.

JD

Honest question: does anyone over high school age actually use the term 'make out'?
Heh we used it in college...do we still use it? I'll have to pay attention. We may have gotten old and boring.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#64389 06/25/09 06:54 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Honest question: does anyone over high school age actually use the term 'make out'?
LOL, I think people stick with whatever term they used for it in high school, so Lois and Clark would probably continue to use it when they're older. In fact, I thought it was funny on the show when Clark said, "Want to neck?" since it seemed more like a term his parents would have used. *g*

Of course, it is Smallville, so I'm sure that even if Clark Lane doesn't use the term himself, he'll assume Lois will think of a date as going behind the Dairy Freeze to give him a hickey and cut her some slack. wink

#64390 06/25/09 08:09 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/me waves

Thanks everyone! I'd thought I might finish this today but it's growing again :p . Or still. Or something. I was thinking about 20 chapters, but am starting 20 right now and not so much. More like 22-25 or so.

Glad to hear Clark's story works for you guys - am more concerned about Lois' which is coming today. /bites lip/

Anyway...

Terry - yeah, probably not the best idea wink . Sunbathing Clark? Hmmm...

Woody - thanks!

Kathy - good to talk to you last night. Not sure where S/E's story came from - it just kind of came to me...

Karen - smile Glad you're still reading!

Bob - interesting thought about Clark Lane. Not sure if you're accurate or not or just part of losing his powers, etc.

Amber - it made sense - as much as anything in here does wink .

HG - um... making out sounds right to me - though I also loved Clark's 'wanna neck' from OP smile . /me may have to use that later

JD - I don't know what term I'd use outside of fic...

Kathy - yeah I think that's what I had in mind smile .

Thanks again everyone and look for 13 soon smile .

Carol

#64391 06/25/09 08:36 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, the backstory most definitely works out smile

shock eek jawdrop
Of course, Lois is just kidding, but she's probably scaring Clark senseless with this statement laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64392 06/25/09 11:31 PM
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
yay, backstory. I kinda figured Sam Lane couldn't keep it in his pants, but it seems that he bounced back just fine.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard