#64307 06/22/09 12:26 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Not sure what time tomorrow's post will be. Probably evening, or possibly even Wed morning. My little guy has to have minor surgery tomorrow. Not a big deal - surgery is expected to take 30min or less - but will still tie up most of the day so...

I should have wifi while at the hospital, but I'm not sure how much I'll be online.

Did I mention I may be getting a free iPhone? And if so, and I decide that it's worth the 30/mo, I can be online anytime, anywhere? Not sure if it's worth it or not though... We'll see... wink Have to get the phone first...

#64308 06/22/09 02:00 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good revelation stories are always my favorites . . . .

This Lois is VERY perceptive!

#64309 06/22/09 03:14 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
There is no such thing as minor surgery for the ones you love. It's all a big deal that takes a huge chunk out of our emotions. Will keep you and yours in prayer.

This was a neat part. I like Lois' disappearing act. I too have a spot where I played hide and seek and no one ever found me. I think I could still fit in there if I needed to, although I'm not as agile as I was back in the day. I can just imagine intuitively heading for those parts. Interesting that Lois showed her supersecret hiding spot to Clark, but stayed in the old familiar with Josh.

Elisabeth

#64310 06/22/09 04:53 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cookies! Yum!

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64311 06/22/09 04:58 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! Lois is good!
I'll be praying for your little one as well. It's always scary when your babies have to have surgery of any kind.

~Mel~
#64312 06/22/09 06:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First: good luck on the surgery, and wishes for a quick recovery and return to health. As Elisabeth says, no surgery is minor when it's on you or someone you love.

Second: The story is great. And this Lois is very perceptive - just a few paragraphs and she's got it figured out! I like the "no-dawdle" policy on this fic.

Now they just have to get back, steal the kryptonite, save Josh, and....ah, what the hey! I'm waiting for a patented Carol angst-fest - will just have to wait to see what you deliver.

Write it fast - this story is great fun!

#64313 06/22/09 06:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Smooth, I knew she'd figure it out. And maybe Clark shouldn't freak out because she figured out all the important stuff first, like alien hunters, and Superman needing to hide what he does, and people coming after him...

Great part,
JD

Good luck with surgery! Let us know how everything goes.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#64314 06/22/09 10:03 PM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Hope the surgery goes well.

Clarkkkkk, how can you be sooo stupid! Running your hand through your hair when Lois is speculating about your identity...sigh, you definitely need Lois around. LOL!

Carol, am enjoying this romp. Thanks.
Lote

#64315 06/22/09 11:26 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I've been so busy lately, with RL and trying hard to finish my own story, but I did start reading Backwards, and I'm so glad I did.

Am having a great time following the exploits of Lois Kent and Clark Lane.

Good luck with the surgery.

Yours Jenni

#64316 06/23/09 03:06 AM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
She laughed softly. "Right. That would be a great disguise though. If he could... shape shift into a woman."

"It would be."

"Or really, I guess he'd be a woman who shape-shifted into a man to be Superman. So I doubt that's right – what woman in her right mind would want to shape shift into a man? ..."
I laughed out loud! That was great!

This Lois is still the take-no-prisoners Lois we all know and love. I like the way you've maintained their personalities despite having them grow up in each other's homes. And Lois' leaps of logic are even better than her leaps of derring-do on the Tarzan route.

So now she's figured it out. And there won't be any you-lied-to-me-I-thought-I-was-your-friend nonsense here. Now all she has to do is convince Clark that she's going to sit on the biggest story since the sinking of the Titanic. That, of course, assumes that Clark's powers will come back soon. I don't know what that second dose of green K will do to him. At the least, it will set his recovery back a ways, but at worst it could leave him powerless for days.

Of course it will leave him powerless for a while! He'll have to rely on Lois, and that will convince him that he can trust her. I just hope she isn't too mad when she finds out that her folks already know.

And I hope Sam isn't too mad at Clark for spilling the secret. Hey, maybe Sam can bring some pressure on Trask that no one else could. Maybe he has some political contacts he can reach out to.

Looking for the next excellent chapter, Carol! This is a great story.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#64317 06/23/09 04:55 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
It's amazing how quickly Lois can figure everything out when her mind hasn't been turned to mush by Superhero-fangirling. thumbsup

#64318 06/23/09 07:55 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone!

He's out of surgery and still asleep [snoring, actually...] and everything went great!

Will bbl with FDK on FDK and today's post this evening, hopefully smile .

Thanks!
Carol

#64319 06/23/09 08:57 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Carol wave

Glad to hear everything went well smile

/on to FDK/

So you really did send them into a cave, albeit a small one laugh

[snip]
Lois hitting it awfully close to home...
She shifted to look at him. "What do you think, Clark? *Could* something that must have something to do with Superman hurt him?"

He ran both hands through his hair.
Oh-oh

Her gasp shouldn't have startled him but it did.

"You're him," she breathed. "You're Superman."
dance

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64320 06/23/09 11:36 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - here we go smile .

We're home [and have been for a while] and I'm exhausted [didn't sleep well when I finally started freaking out about the surgery] so I'm going to post now and crash early later.

Coo kiesmom - she is isn't she? wink

Elisabeth - I don't there was anything... ulterior to the spot choosing - my thought was that the one from the day before was more on the way back to the car but Lois didn't want to risk it two days in a row or something...

HG - I love cookies /big sigh/

Mel - thanks.

Iolan - angst-fest? Patented? don't you get to make money of patented stuff? *me should look into this... wink

JD - it's hard to freak out in a space that small.

Lote - I think Clark has never met anyone quite like Lois La... er Kent. laugh

JENNI! I can't wait to read more 'My Wife' whenever it's ready! Glad you're enjoying it!

Terry - hehe - I giggled when I wrote it. Um, Jenn helped decide what happens to Clark without powers [sorry sarah!] but then she changed her mind so... wink

Kathy - nah - Lucy is the fangirl. Hmm... *me zips lips re ideas for backwards ii that floated in the head while not sleeping last night...

Michael - hehe - glad you like it!

Look for the next part coming right up!

Carol [who *does* *not* belong in some evil author Kerth category]

[okay didn't like me putting cook iesmom in there as one word - kept telling me no HTML tags: COOKIE - wth? That was the one thing I had to change... what's up with that?]

#64321 06/24/09 09:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
Carol [who *does* *not* belong in some evil author Kerth category]
But... But... /lip quivers/ But that's a good thing confused huh

Michael wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64322 06/25/09 11:17 PM
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Yay revelation number 3, and it was all Clarks fault, though Lois was about 3 seconds from guessing it anyway.
Also i forgot to mention that i thought it was cute that this Clark actually was in the Boy Scouts for the chapter that it was mentioned and i only just remembered.
looking forward to the next chapter which if you haven't guessed by now that i'm going to read in about 3 seconds.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard