#64274 06/20/09 05:05 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Tomorrow's post... Um probably about this time, but a chance I may not get to it in which case first thing Monday morning smile .

Thanks!
Carol

#64275 06/20/09 06:38 PM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
We're all assuming that Sam and Ellen Lane raised Clark. That's a valid assumption, given Clark's last name and his father's occupation, but I can't help thinking that you haven't named them for a specific reason. I can only wonder what that reason might be.

So Lois has been hurt before, eh? That's too bad. Maybe that's part of the reason she's all don't-enter-my-personal-space to Clark right now. And I wonder when his powers will come back. And I wonder how long it will be before Lois figures it out. She's no dummy, you know.

Looking forward to the rest of this very entertaining role-reversal.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#64276 06/21/09 03:51 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Lois and Clark ... about to go investigating together ... that should be fun.

I love Martha in this - Clark should definitely go for Lois if only because of the mother-in-law he would get.

#64277 06/21/09 06:26 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Still fun hyper

"She's been burned in the past. Don't hurt her."
wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64278 06/21/09 07:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is such a fun improvosation, Carol. And I think Lois's stand-offishness toward Clark would be a natural reaction toward anyone in this morning-after situation. It doesn't really need any further explanation than she's embarrassed as all get-out and doesn't want the big-city hot-shot reporter to think that she's trying to sleep her way into his good graces.

One suggestion: I'd like to see Lucy turn up at some point. She does live there, doesn't she? Or is she off somewhere and I just missed it?

Can't wait to see Clark and Dan interact without the you're-stealing-my-girl issue between them. Will Clark find Dan just as irritating? Will Lois find him irritating as well? Maybe he's not such a bad guy when he isn't trying to charm Lois Lane.

As for Clark's dad, I'm picturing the more professional Doctor Lane the brilliant sports surgeon from the first season rather than the buffoon cyborg inventor from the fourth.

Romp away, dear. Romp away. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64279 06/21/09 02:37 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
This continues to be so much fun. I wasn't sure about Clark Lane when we first met him -- he seemed a little too full of himself -- but this chapter proved how delightful he can be. I absolutely loved seeing him interact with Martha:

"Ah, I was informed that in Lowell County if you so much as sleep in the same bed with a girl you're already married," he answered, a twinkle in his own. "I think I'm going to like you, Mom."
and
She pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Take care of you, too. I'm getting attached."
I literally awww'ed out loud during this part, so good job, you. thumbsup

I'm looking forward to finding out how Clark came to be raised by the Lanes in Metropolis when (presumably, based on the Kryptonite) his ship landed in Smallville. Perhaps Sam will let it slip that this isn't his first visit to the little town?

Fun, fun!

#64280 06/21/09 02:47 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone!

Terry - you're reading way too much into the planning of all this wink . Sam and Ellen it is. They are un-firstnamed for no particular reason. I just discovered last night how Lois got hurt by guys and it surprised me in some ways [though not in others - it makes sense in a lot of ways...]

FH - of course it'll be fun! And doesn't Martha rock?! I love her!

Michael - LOL! "goes all Lois on the town"! Love it! Um, I wouldn't know anything about evil taking planning. You must have me confused with someone else...

HG - Not a clue if Lucy's actually going to show up. Lois has mentioned that she gets on the bus around 7 so I'd imagine she's at school. Yeah - there's no cyborgs or boobs in a bottle or anything like that.

Kathy - hehe - I loved that too! Last night I wrote Clark's foundling story - how he came to be a Lane [as well as what happened to burn Lois when it comes to guys]. The Clark stuff I pretty well already knew but... I hope it makes sense when we get there in a couple days.

DH just went to go get a new lawn mower - the wheel literally fell off the old one last week and he had to finish mowing on three wheels. It's only a year old but no receipt :p . We're hoping to get the rider mower fixed before too long but we're a bit scared about how much that's going to cost so... Anyway, he doesn't want to mow [and who can blame him - it's 88* with a heat index of 91* at 745] and I volunteered to do it but I don't think he's really going to take me up on that. If he does - it'll probably be tomorrow before I post [he'll be home any minute] since I'll be dead when I'm done but if he doesn't I'll post here in a bit. I'm going to try before he gets home but...

Thanks again!
Carol

#64281 06/22/09 07:35 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm a big fan of Martha. You write her well.

BTW, when Clark calls Martha "Mom" she mentions, "That's Lois for now." I'm retyping from memory so I may be a bit off on the quote, but I thought that she would want Clark to call her Martha instead.

Elisabeth

#64282 06/22/09 09:37 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
Michael - LOL! "goes all Lois on the town"! Love it!
blush
Originally posted by carolm:
Um, I wouldn't know anything about evil taking planning. You must have me confused with someone else...
So... you're saying you're all natural when it comes to being evil? laugh angel-devil Come to think of it, that's not funny. That's actually quite worrisome to us gentle-hearted readers. wink

Originally posted by Elisabeth:
BTW, when Clark calls Martha "Mom" she mentions, "That's Lois for now." I'm retyping from memory so I may be a bit off on the quote, but I thought that she would want Clark to call her Martha instead.
Couldn't help but check and post this since you made me curious blush

Carol wrote: 'That's Lois for you' and I think she was going for Lois making a joke about the being married by sleeping in the same bed-thingy.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#64283 06/22/09 09:52 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/glares at Michael

Why am I evil again, exactly?

You don't have to answer that too vehemently wink .

And yes - that was what was meant by those comments in the other chapter.

Carol

#64284 06/23/09 09:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/looks around, sees lots of earth all around but figures, why quit shoveling/

Nonono, never said you're evil. Just mentioned if doing evil does not require an extra effort, it must come natural blush

Michael, seriously considering recommending an "most evil story" Kerth-category. Or should that be "most evil author of the year"...

PS: wink

#64285 06/25/09 10:57 PM
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
And Martha is, once again, like a mom to everyone, how adorable.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard