#64230 06/19/09 11:18 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Tomorrow's post probably sometime after 9pm ET, probably 10, but almost certainly before 11pm.

Thanks smile .

Carol

#64231 06/19/09 12:45 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oooo, nice kiss. love

I liked the take-off on the HiM "we could share" scene. Yours was even nicer, though, since they were cute and flirty while doing it. smile (And ended up following through! wink )

Looking forward to meeting Sam and seeing L&C start their investigation. Go, Carol!

#64232 06/19/09 01:44 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hyper

Clark, Lois, Martha...all so adoreable. I'm loving this story so far. Although I'm sure you've got a 2x4 hiding somewhere to hit us over the head with.

#64233 06/19/09 07:16 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm sensing a pattern in Carol-fic. I think there's a rule somewhere that her Lois and Clark have to end up in bed together within 48 hours of meeting. All innocently, of course. wink

I'm having fun reading the not-planned story, so I'm glad you're having fun writing it.

And I love that Martha and Jonathan know the secret. And that they're not telling Lois.

I'm guessing that Clark actually landed in Smallville but was adopted out to Metropolis for some reason. It wouldn't be unusual for a doctor to be involved in a private adoption, and that would explain why there is still kryptonite under Wayne's tree.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64234 06/19/09 07:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cuuuute. Love is in the air...and ditto Kathy, I also loved the HIM scene!

Hm, looking forward to meeting Clark's dad...

Great part,
JD

Oh, and completely unrelated, how heartbreaking for your friend, but incredibly brave. It must take a world of strength to do what she's doing. My grandma adopted four kids, so anything remotely related is very important to me.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#64235 06/19/09 09:49 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
waff...waff...waff...waff...waff...waff...waff...
blush

Might be me reading this when I was dead tired, but Clark kissing Lois all better like this seemed quite risky goofy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64236 06/20/09 02:06 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It has been ages since the last time I left any fdk around here. About time I got around to it again.

I'm really enjoying this, Carol. So far we have gotten quite a bit of waff, I'd say more than we are used to getting from you this early on a story, and I have to admit I'm somewhat of a waff-junkie laugh Not that I don't enjoy a little angst, but I miss the days when there'd be waffy stories around here almost on a daily basis (best way to put your mind off of a long day at work, or daily chores or just about anything!)

Back to your story: I like Martha as Lois's mom and I'm really looking forward to seeing what your Lanes are like and the kind of influence they've had on Clark. How different are they from the Lanes on the show? How different is Clark because of that? What was it like, growing up with the Lanes instead of the Kents?

Anyway, looking forward to more! (but please, keep up the waff!!! wink )

Cris
#64237 06/20/09 11:25 AM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Glad to see that you're back, Cristina. You've been missed.

Carol, I don't know about this. I mean, isn't Clark some city boy from back east? Country-girl Lois couldn't possibly want to enter into a relationship with him, could she? I mean, this is Lowell County! I thought that was a hangin' offense! Can't you just visualize Clark strung up underneath an old oak tree, swaying slowly in the breeze, looking down at the lynch party and saying, "I've been up here for at least fifteen minutes. Are you going to cut me down now?"

Really, this is cute. Clark's got it bad if he's kissing her back like that without any real invitation to do so. Of course, once he started, she didn't tell him to stop. It's sexy.

Martha must trust Lois a lot. I don't know many mothers who can ask their unmarried daughters if they enjoyed kissing a man of less than three days' acquaintance. They're moving awfully fast, aren't they?

At least Lois isn't pregnant yet. Oh, no, did I just give you some evil ideas?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#64238 06/20/09 05:02 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/me waves!

Home for the night - finally got the Father's Day thing done [mostly - sort of - the biggest part - hand prints on a T-shirt with names/year - am very proud of self]. So replying to FDK and posting are next on my agenda smile .

Kathy - it didn't hit me till later that it was a take on HiM wink .

Rona - 2x4? Moi? Couldn't be!

HappyGirl - hey - they only slept in the same room in OTOH - it was MONTHS before they were in bed together wink . And in Shaken Not Stirred, it was like... 12 years... wink

JD - Glad you liked it! My friend is a trooper - that's for sure. This is actually her 5th live birth but was struggling already to make ends meet with her 4 [and 2 exes and the new guy who turned out to be an habitual liar and said it wasn't his baby]. It's the best thing for all concerned - her, her other kids, the baby, this other family - but she's really having a rough go of it - though it does seem to be getting a bit better. It's only been 3 days so...

Michael - Yeah - a bit risky - but he's Superman - he's invulnerable wink .

Cristina - HI! So good to see you! This has been kind of a wafffest hasn't it? Hrm - may have to do something about that wink .

Terry - no not pregnant and no plans for her to get so! If lynching wasn't such a bad thing, I would laugh hysterically at that wink . I think Martha is a great judge of character and she does know he's Superman so I think that may play a role in it as well.

Anyway - next part coming up soon! Thanks again!

Carol

#64239 06/25/09 10:50 PM
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
And the kiss from way out in left field... Seriously i thought there was 0 UST before the kiss and no, zapping each other don't count. Still the story is going somewhere and i am totally up to seeing where it leads.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard