Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Have gotten some writing done but not enough frown . But I did get to help with Imbroglio so... So next post... Tuesday I think.

Chapter 5 Quote
Lois tied her frumpy robe more tightly around her as she looked through the peephole but didn't see anything. She frowned slightly and undid all the locks, leaving the chain in place.

Her jaw dropped and her heart stopped when the door opened and she saw who it was.

She closed the door and undid the chain before opening it more fully.

"What're you doing here?"
Thanks smile .
Carol

Edit: Yeah, didn't really surprise anyone did I?

Features Writer
Features Writer
So I got to the end and tried to scroll more, but it wouldn't let me! *wails*

"I'm pregnant."

zomg! Hrmph. I want more! laugh

Okies, just read through all four parts right now (waiting for more, hee!) My FDK skills are a bit rusty... So all I can say is YAYMELIKE!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I loved Lois' explanation and just what happened with Claude? Did he put the moves on her despite her wedding band?

Those little hints at her being pregnant where fun and Lois was so deeply involved in the story that she didn't see the truth until it was smashed into her face by the nice doctor
clap clap clap clap clap

The step by step recount of her two and a half months was really nice. She really didn't leave herself much time to think, huh? And when she and Clark get back to Metropolis will they end up with Honeymoon in Metropolis?

She found one she absolutely loved and somehow managed to sweet talk the guy running the MJK Farms booth into giving her a whole sandwich.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Boy, is she going to make a double take.

And he was dancing with a petite woman with light brown hair.
Rachel?

She finally blurted it out.

"I'm pregnant."

The only sound was that of a glass shattering.

"What?" came his voice from the kitchen.

"I'm pregnant."
There, there, that wasn't so hard, now was it?

As far as previews go, I guess Lois is going to tell him her last name and run for the hills.

Michael, wondering if today is Tuesday...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. Nice cliffhanger. I'm hoping this does not go the way of Divinity\'s Ends By Gerry Anklewicz

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, this is a softer Lois. And I loved the episode recaps sans Clark. (The perfect length! Because I wouldn't actually want to read about a whole episode without Clark. smile )

Thanks for taking us at least a little bit further forward than Chapter 3, even if you did end on a humdinger of a cliffhanger. And [checks back on Chapter 3] whew!, the envelope just contains a photo.

BTW, you've got a first-person typo slipping through in "I smiled back."

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, now isn't this a pickle?

At least they've found each other again. I hope Lois believes him when he tells her he had no way of finding her before.

Are they going to go back to Eureka Springs and figure out what happened?

This part was great!

Amber

Top Banana
Top Banana
Are they going to go back to Eureka Springs and figure out what happened?
Ooh, I hope so! I have no idea where you are heading with this, and I will happily follow along whatever route you take, but I must say I think it would be fun to see them actually working together to investigate.

I am enjoying the alternate pov's. It's interesting to see how each one interprets what is going on.

More!!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I knew we were going to end there, on that line. At least she said it twice. wink Carol, recently, your Loises and Clarks have had some batting average, in the getting pregnant department. I guess Dr. Klein was wrong when he said they couldn't conceive. In your universes, it's more like, can we do something to not conceive... blush

Lois went back and told Clark. I'm so glad about that. I was worried that Clark would start at the DP, and then meet Lois, the single mother of a kid that could fly...

I'm hoping for a happy ending from here on out. I'm thinking the following four lines for Chapter 5 to end the story.

Clark: You're pregnant? Am I the father?
Lois: Yup and yup.
Clark: Great. I'll move to Metropolis, work at the Daily Planet, and we can be one, big happy family.
Lois: Sounds great.

FIN

But, since you're Carol, I'm expecting angst and a whole lot of misunderstanding and obstacles before we get to that point. Can't wait to see what twists and turns you include in this tale.

Edited: Woohoo, my 100th post! dance dance dance dance

Top Banana
Top Banana
[Jumps straight to the bottom of the feedback thread without reading part 4]

No, no, no! I must not read Carol's story! I must finish writing Forward! Focus, focus, focus! But I'm really looking forward to reading this as soon as Forward is off to the betas. It'll be my reward...for finishing...which I *will* do...sometime...relatively soon...

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
A section of Forward counts, right? I got a section done. It's in your inbox. So, yeah, I read it. So if I get the rest done by Tuesday that means I get to read your next part right away, right?

Loved it. I love that they both kept the rings on. That has to bode well. And since this is pre-Claude Lois she's not as once-burnt, twice shy, even with her earlier bad experiences. And he *did* make that promise about never leaving.

Looking forward to more. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And I'm still not convinced that the "petite woman with light brown hair" isn't Martha, viewed from far across the dance floor by a jealous Lois who doesn't know about dancing customs.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nah, Martha has blonde hair. Really blonde hair. And if she's close enough to recognize his face, she should be close enough to see that the woman is at least quite older than he huh

I guess, there's only one way to be sure...

/clears throat/

*Carol!!!!* please come back with part 5 grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice to know that Clark isn't the only one with longings and pinings. Maybe his biggest roadblock is to convince Lois that he is *not* a drifter.

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great part from Carol and another cliffhanger! How can you leave us hanging like that? Are you taking on the title of Queen of Evil?

Oh wait, that was harsh. But you are taking on the title of Queen of Agonizing, Tantalizing Cliffies.

OK, all kidding aside: Great part. Who was it that Clark was dancing with? Rachel? And how are they going to deal with this elephant in the room?

Does Lois remember that Clark flies? She remembers about the heat vision. Does she remember all the other weird stuff? Or was she too lost in passion and mind-whammied by the pheromone?

How's this going to affect her job at the Daily Planet? Having a child will certainly affect her hours. And that's only the beginning.

And Clark! I can just seem him with jaw dropped and glass of milk crashing to the floor.

Once again, you left us at a delicate juncture. You must post more soon, or we will all die of suspense. You wouldn't want to be responsible for that, would you?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
help
help help
help help help
help help help help
help help help help help

Michael

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone!

Cat - okay so you were the only one who was surprised because well, you haven't read any other Carol-fic lately wink .

Michael - we'll see a bit more of Claude but not much.

Patrick - no nothing like Divinity's End [though I did have the pleasure of rereading it wink , nor Coming of Age which is also excellent].

Amy - Yeah I wouldn't want to write an ep without Clark - heck, I'm having enough trouble writing eps [and resultant A plots] *with Clark*. /mutter/ Stupid A plots /mutter/

Amber - They may never know for sure what happened, but they may have educated guesses at some point...

Vicki - Glad you're enjoying it!

Grinch - yeah I know. That's why Cat was the only one who was surprised... Hmmm... that's much neater than what I have planned...

Happy Girl - YAY! on more Forward! More tomorrow smile .

Amy - nah - it wasn't Martha smile .

Michael - nope, not Martha. I'll come back tomorrow wink .

AnKS - could be...

Iolan - Queen of Evil... Moi? Not a chance...

More tomorrow!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard