OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! drool Keep posting.

More soon, please.

MAF smile

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris
good another episode
keep them coming - need new parts
merry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nice instalment but a bit of a tease.

You took the gentle readers through the initial confrontation between CJ and Lois but didn't have them really say anything. (A clever ploy to manipuate your readers anticipation of the evening to come).

Interesting revelation of sorts. CJ just assumed that Lois would have noticed it was him. The lunkhead could have gotten away with it, but now he'll have to bear up under the relentless interrogation to come. Just because Lois agreed not to expose him publicly doesn't mean that she itsn't going to wring every secret out of the poor smuck before she's through, Luthor or not.

Tank the Resting (who is glad the Chris is one of those who had the entire story finished before she begins posting... that means we won't have to wait too long for the next part)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
nice part, chris. smile some good development, and some promising things ahead. i like the picture. just hope it doesn't accidentally fall into the wrong hands...

don't have anything more specific to say offhand, but i'm really enjoying the story. looking forward to part 3, and hopefully a nice long conversation between lois and CJ.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

A great part! thumbsup thumbsup

I really like Lois and CJ's conversation. Extremely well-written!
CJ's introspection about Lois & Clark is excellent. clap

I'm enjoying this immensely and look forward to reading more.

Tricia cool

Blogger
Blogger
Chris,

Nice to see you've started this again! I really enjoy this story and am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out!

It's also fun seeing how Lois has noticed the differences, including the tan, and the relaxed look about him.

Looking forward to the next part!

Clark's Gal
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another beautifully done segment, Chris. I love the little touches on how CJ hasn't quite got the rough edges rubbed off this superhero stuff yet.

"One thing you should learn right now, CJ, is that there isn't a Lois Lane on any world who likes to be told what to do."
<g> Least he's learned something from all that dimension-hopping. goofy

Wonderful conversation with CJ and Lois. mecry

<happy sigh> More please! Soonest.

LabRat smile (who thanks Clark's Gal for handily putting the comments folder where it was easy to find. <g>)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris, I'm so glad to see the continuation of this story. I really like your CJ.

Another thought flitted across the edge of his consciousness: why hadn't he thought this through before, back in the other world when he'd had the luxury of time to do so? Maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad idea to have brought back one of the Superman suits with him, after all.
It's been a while since I read the original, so I don't remember. I can understand why CJ might not have thought of this - not having had superpowers before, he wouldn't have lived with the constant fear of exposure by the media. But of course Clark had - was there anything in there about him considering warning CJ, and then deciding against it? I know that CJ's powers are only going to last a finite amount of time, but there's still lots of opportunity for the world to discover that there is a man who can "fly", etc., and I think they would still hound him long after his powers disappeared.

And then even after he realized that he didn't want to leave clues to his identity, as Tank pointed out, he still blurted it out to Lois even when he could have gotten away with it.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you all for the comments! As ever, I really appreciate them.

Maria: I'm saying nothing about CJ's powers because that would do much to give away the ending of the story. You're right, though; he doesn't get them from the sun of his world -- that's why H G Wells had to take him to Lois and Clark's world.

Paul: is the picture quality halibut or nice red herring? Only time will tell... wink

Tank: Yes, CJ assumed Lois would notice. See my answer to Kathy's post, below. smile

Kathy: From EMI:

CJ spent most of Tuesday morning practicing spinning in and out of the Superman suit, managing to completely destroy his tie and lose a few buttons off his shirt before getting it absolutely right. He knew that Lois and Clark both took it for granted that he would need the suit when he got home, but the more time he spent in it the more uncomfortable he felt about wearing it. It wasn't just that he was still unsure of his worthiness to adopt the mantle of Superman, either.

In a week's time of arriving home, his powers would be gone and he'd be forced to retire from the superhero business. As a result, he found himself asking whether wearing the suit would be such a good idea. Why offer to "his" people a symbol of hope when that symbol wouldn't stick around for very long?

He sighed. As far as he could see, he could achieve just as much by operating in a clandestine manner or, otherwise, making sure that he moved so fast that people wouldn't be able to identify him. Of course, anyone he carried in his arms would be able to see his face but the only person he intended to hold long enough to do that was Lois Lane, and he found that the thought of her knowing about him didn't bother him in the least. In fact, he thought it had a certain appeal.

By the time Lois and Clark arrived home that evening, CJ had made up his mind. When he went home, the suit would not be going with him.
You should see some more of CJ's reasoning as EMII progresses. I guess it's debatable whether he made the right choice here, but that explains his reasoning, anyway.

Merry, Tricia, Clark'sGal and LabRat -- thanks for your comments to! smile

Chris

Features Writer
Features Writer
Thanks for the explanation, Chris. Yes, I'd definitely forgotten that part! I like that CJ felt that Lois knowing actually appealed to him. And I bet I really liked that notion when I read it the first time...it's obviously time to reread the story wink

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Sorry I didn't get around to commenting until now. Life went into fast forward in February and hasn't slowed down yet. I keep hoping it will but I'm not holding my breath, anymore.

Very nice segment. I see that CJ still has a few things to learn about being Superman, including that telling Lois what to do can be an exercise in frustration. I'd like to see Lois learn a few things about CJ, too. In the regular Lois and Clark universe, I noticed from the first episode that Clark was a nice guy, but he didn't let her walk all over him. I hope the same applies to CJ.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois went right into investigative mode, didn't she? laugh Noticing the tan, which is an especially great touch - CJ doesn't have powers because their sun isn't strong enough, right? And LOL about non-journalists being generally ignorant about the Kerths! *Obviously* Lois never did an Internet search, of she would have found us. laugh

While the "lunkhead" line had me laugh out loud and I was rather charmed by CJ's honest admission to (and clever button-pushing of) Lois, I was a little taken aback at his wistful thoughts re "our" Lois. I did like the idea of CJ coming to think of himself as something special for our LnC, too - knowing that he, too, did something for them, and not just the other way around. But I really really hope CJ is not going to carry a torch for our Lois in any shape or form. He has his own feisty Lois. That's enough of a handful right there! wink

Hazel, who wants more of this SOON

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nan and Hazel: thanks for your comments.

Nan, I don't think that CJ is letting Lois walk all over him in this story. If I've got the balance right, they'll be learning things from each other and working together. I'm relying on you and the other good people on these boards to let me know if I've got the balance wrong! smile

Hazel:
But I really really hope CJ is not going to carry a torch for our Lois in any shape or form.
While I'm trying not to give too much away about what is coming up, I think I can safely let on that no, he's not. You're quite safe there.

Chris

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Absolutely loved this part! hyper hyper hyper It had me jumping up and down with excitment and scaring the dog with my random squeals of excitement! blush

Loved the photograph. smile

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard