Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5523 08/18/03 01:55 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Please note that as a concession to my US readers, I've changed 'trousers' to 'pants' throughout this section. This is no mean feat, since to me a pair of pants is a pair of panties, and it doesn't half feel weird to be writing about Lois blotting her sodden underwear when she's in the kitchen with Clark, CK, and Jon. laugh

But whenever they speak, they'd have to say 'pants' to stay true to their natural idiom, so I couldn't very well mix up the two in my narrative.

Anyway, many thanks to my BR, Wendy, for turning this around so quickly last week, and I hope you enjoyed it (if 'enjoy' is the right word!)

Yvonne

Kerth
Kerth
Interesting Yvonne smile

And CK keeps Jon smile

More soon, I hope smile1

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I guess most people think they know where this is going. They're probably wrong.

Interesting scene with Jon and CK in the kitchen that morning.

I think I'll just sit back and wait to see exactly where Yvonne is going with this.

Tank (who says there's always the giant kryptonite meteor option)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
(who says there's always the giant kryptonite meteor option)
Or haircuts for everyone. wink

Yep, I officially have no clue where this could end up so.../me sits back and watches

Good installment
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful! thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
You see!

This is why I generally don't read fanfic on the boards! On the archive there it is, all finished, and if you can't stand the suspense you can always skip ahead.

That said, here is why I am glad I am reading this here. The thing with Lois, the spilled coffee,the ruined pants. I would have shot right through that looking for what "really" happens next, and in so doing would have missed this really smart observation. That in worst of the big tragedy, it is often the little "insignificant" thing that makes one fall apart.

You are breaking my heart, Yvonne, and I respectfully ask you to fix all this for everyone involved. In other words, can we clone Jon?

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yvonne,
good segment
keep this coming- I need to know where you are going with this
merry

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yvonne

WOW! Superbly written! whinging

I can't wait to see what happens here. dizzy
It's hard to imagine Lois and Clark just handing Jon over to CK.
Please post the next part ASAP.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
wow! Please please please please post the rest soon, I desperately need to see a resolution to this.
BTW, I think most US readers are fine with the word "trousers" or perhaps you may want to use the word "slacks". I wouldn't want the UK readers to have their reading continuity broken by a mental picture of lacy knickers when you use "pants". just mho.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yvonne, just excellent, as always. More tears were in my eyes as Lois made her first attempts to sever the bond between her and Jon. mecry And it'll be so difficult - impossible to do as long as he's there...and even once CK takes Jon back to the alt-universe, that bond won't be easily broken.

And on the subject of "pants", I agree that Clark and Lois wouldn't use the word "trousers" in conversation. Although "pants" is undoubtedly the most common word, Joy's suggestion of "slacks" would probably work equally well.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that you can fix this. But as has been discussed before, there may be no perfect solution here...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard