Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5077 08/04/03 01:23 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I thought we all needed a bit of light relief after all that heavy stuff...okay, *I* needed a bit of light relief. laugh Hope you enjoyed.

Yvonne

PS: Thanks to everyone who's contributing to the poll. It's really turning into an excellent discussion, and I'm delighted at how many responses it's received.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yvonne, this is hilarious. rotflol I know I should feel sorry for Clark being in that state, but he's too funny that way. I can't believe you actually made him write a rap song wink Too bad you didn't make him sing it all...

It's good to see Lois and Clark getting closer to having their very own child. And CK is feeling better again now that he's back. So yes, this was definitely a lighter part.

But what's gonna happen next? Who will be Jon's parents in the future? So I'm anxiously awaiting the next part.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
Light relief is *good* especially after the previous installments!

Great section, Yvonne.

I'm looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Blogger
Blogger
Hi Ivonne!!

I'm so looking for the next part already!!

I loved it! and I too shoudn't be laughing at Clark but he was so funny to see! smile1

Thanks again and more please soon!

See you!
Merche.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
‘Well I was walkin’ along, doin’ ma’ thing, when a red rock hit me, right on the head. I said to the rock, hey give me a break, ‘cos Lois ain’t here and ya know she can’t bake.’
“Kryptonians don’t get drunk,” he said very seriously, then brightened immediately. “Hey, that reminds me – I wrote a rap song. D’ya wanna hear it?”
Clark shook his head vigorously, then stopped suddenly. “Whoa,” he said, looking incredibly dazed. “Who turned on the special effects?”
rotflol rotflol rotflol

This installment was a SCREAM. I just had to quote some of my favorite parts.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yvonne,
great stuff
funny
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble

huh Who said they didn't use resurrection on Lois to steal the baby and Mr. Well had to act?

If CK was an orphan, he had a future and Mr. Wells didn't come to interfere, wasn't Jon suppost to have a future in his own world?

More soon, please.

MAF peep

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting reaction of Clark's to the red kryptonite. Since the show never really established any 'rules' about the red K I guess I can accept your interpetation of the red K's effects. In the comics, each piece of Red Kryptonite would affect a kryptonian in a unique way and only once. So a piece that made Clark apathetic would also make Zara or Ching apathetic but would never affect Clark again. This effect would generally last about 48 hours. So, the rock that boosted Clark's powers would only do it that one time, then it wouldn't be able to affect him again.

But, as I said, the tv show allowed red K to do whatever was convenient for the storyline.

I don't necessarily see where the so-called explanation of altLois' death excuses CK's Kryptonian biology from any culpability. It seems as if they really don't know why Lois came down with the condition or what the actual cause might be. Under those nebulous circumstances I'd think that Clark would be reluctant to put Lois in danger without more 'proof' that carrying a half Kryptonian child wasn't dangerous to her. I could see Lois latching onto the ambiguousness as a positive if she truly wanted to have a child (though I still can't imagine why she would). But would hope that Clark would want to have more solid evidence before risking Lois' life.

Tank (who thinks that maybe Clark should test drive someone 'expendable' first, like Lana, or Cat)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yvonne

A great part! thumbsup

I love Clark's reaction to the red Kryptonite.
Lots of fun! laugh

I agree with Tank here. CK really hasn't proved that his biology didn't place Lois at risk. I'd imagine that Clark would want to be absolutely positive before placing his Lois in any danger.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and can't wait to see where this is headed.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It seems that the light-hearted bit went down well. smile I had fun writing that part, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. Normal gloom-and-doom services will be resumed shortly, I assure you.

Saskia, you said:
I can't believe you actually made him write a rap song Too bad you didn't make him sing it all...
One thing I just can't imagine is Clark singing! I enjoyed Shayne's Duet a lot, but I have to admit I had a bit problem dealing with a singing, piano-playing Clark Kent. So no, my Clark won't sing.

Maria, interesting theory. wink

Tank - I don't know *where* the idea for Clark getting drunk came from, but once I'd thought of it, it seemed to fit quite nicely. As you say, the show did whatever was necessary for the story, so I'm just continuing that great tradition. Mind you, I think there is some logic - if you combine the "don't care" attitude he had first time around with the "out of control" problem he had second time around, you kind of end up with the same sort of behaviour a drunk person might exhibit. Okay, I've used a bit of poetic licence there, but at least there's a tenuous thread connecting the various ideas together.

I think you and Trenna are right about the risk factors for Lois - it's not clear-cut, just like life is seldom a series of black-and-white choices. You'll see later on in the story how Lois and Clark eventually deal with this.

Yvonne

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard