Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh great part. I like how you rewrote the whole Luthor-jumping-off-the-building part. Yours was more dramatic and had a good amount of shock appeal for me. And original. thumbsup Plus Nigel's always seemed like an interesting character to play around with while writing fic. Whew, glad Clark found Nigel's info. /me rubs hands together excitedly And we'll get to see what Lois has to say about all this in the next part! (or something like that)

More soon!
Jen hyper

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good instalment.

Now that all the niggling little details are out of the way; ei: Lex. We can get on with the real meat of the story.

The confrontation with Lois.

Post it soon... sooner.

Tank (who wonders which Lois we will see here, since knowing Clark is Superman will have to effect how she views his actions of late)

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
A very powerful part, resolving everything except for how, or if, Lois and Clark reconcile. With only one more part left, it'll be one tense discussion between the two.

On the issue of Lois' about-face concerning Lex, let me see if I understand this correctly. The implications in part 9 were that Lois now considered Lex evil and wanted to marry Lex anyway to protect Clark's secret by "keeping your enemies closer."

Part 10 seems to change that somewhat. Lois did not consider Lex to be evil, but did not trust Lex to keep Clark's secret because he was not entirely ethical (non-ethical being a far cry from absolute evil). Meaning if she had known Lex was evil, there was no way she would have even contemplated going as far as she did walking down the aisle. Correct? Or am I still reading this wrong? If she did consider Lex to be evil, I still don't see where or how she came to that conclusion.

As for Nigel, yay Nigel! I knew you'd come through for us. Not only did he embarrass Luthor at his wedding, but he fingered his ex-boss as an evil criminal. So instead of an independent investigation causing Perry to burst into the wedding, it was Nigel's information to Perry (hence the secret meeting with Perry a few parts back which we were not privy to) that prompted the interruption. Great deviation from canon! I liked the way you turned Nigel into a hero and villain at the same time.

“I thought I’d never see a day when Lex Luthor was left speechless."
Now this was priceless. Luthor being brought down, made to feel like he's been beaten always makes me feel really good. It's best when he KNOWS he's lost.

"..Though it does make me a little sad to see how you’ve chosen crime as a way of life for yourself...”
What a pathetic attempt by Luthor to salvage the situation. He's a goner and he knows it. thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Cris

An excellent part! smile1

I'm glad that you have Lois questioning Lex's motives. She really needed to realize that Lex does everything for a reason. And the reason usually is to his benefit. thumbsup

The introspection is excellent. Extremely well-written! clap And yay, Nigel! I really like how he confronts Luthor.

You did a great job bringing all the loose ends together. I'm looking forward to Clark's visit to Lois. One of them has to take the initiative. They have a lot to say to each other.

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Cris
excellent well written part
more
merry

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I have to thank you guys for sticking with me all through this angsty and slightly (yeah, I said slightly) evil story.

Jen said:
Oooh great part. I like how you rewrote the whole Luthor-jumping-off-the-building part. Yours was more dramatic and had a good amount of shock appeal for me. And original
Thanks a lot; I'm glad you liked how I dealt with Lex and Nigel. I have a hard time when it comes to a-plot (or the closest to an a-plot it gets) and this was the best I could come up with, so I'm really happy it works.

Tank said:
who wonders which Lois we will see here, since knowing Clark is Superman will have to effect how she views his actions of late)
I hope the Lois you'll see in part 11 is close enough to the Lois you expect, though I'm not sure it will (just let me know; there's always time for changes before this gets to the archive)

Post it soon... sooner
Though not much, part 11 we'll be up a little sooner.

Now, Roger, you really make me think... a lot... My brain is not used to such activity! laugh (the awful heat we're having over here this summer isn't helping)

Part 10 seems to change that somewhat. Lois did not consider Lex to be evil, but did not trust Lex to keep Clark's secret because he was not entirely ethical (non-ethical being a far cry from absolute evil). Meaning if she had known Lex was evil, there was no way she would have even contemplated going as far as she did walking down the aisle. Correct? Or am I still reading this wrong? If she did consider Lex to be evil, I still don't see where or how she came to that conclusion.
I'll have to read through this again, see were the problem is. Can I hide again behind Lois's evident confusion???? laugh I think she suspects Lex is evil, but really can't know. She's finally admitting there had to be something behind Clark's suspicions, not to mention Nigel's accusations. Btw, glad you liked Nigel's final role in the story.

This is the part that makes me think that Lois hadn't realized Lex was evil, despite what Part 9 made me think. She was merely hoping to protect Clark's secret rather than hoping to expose Luthor's evil schemes. I also noticed that there still isn't anything in Lois' introspection that explains how she thinks she can protect Clark by marrying Luthor. You mentioned it in your comments to Part 9, but nothing in the story explains it
Well, I guess I thought her reasoning was evident. Like I said, she didn't know ho, but thought that sticking close to Lex would help her protect Clark. I'll try to rework that so it's clearer before this goes to the archive.

This is a vague group of sentences. You have "officers" as plural, but use "he'd promised" making me unsure who "he" is. Is this just a grammatical error or is he, Clark? Or is "he" one of the officers? I don't understand the last sentence at all: make who break what compromise? Is the last word supposed to be "promise" instead?
Sorry about the confusion frown I've already made the changes in the original file. It should be Perry'd instead of he'd. About compromise, that's one of the many problems of working (at times) with a Spanish-English, English-Spanish dictionary. Compromise in Spanish can work, depending of the context, with pretty much the same meaning as promise. When I searched for a synonym, the dictionary gave me compromise, but it didn't specify. It should have offered commitment instead of compromise; that'd be a closer translation, I think. Anyway, I changed it so it now reads promise.

Thanks for all the suggestions, Roger; they really are helpful and immensely appreciated.

Tricia, what can I say? blush blush

Maria, glad you liked this.

Thanks everyone,

Cris

Cris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard