Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, two for two...

rotflol

Please tell me that the call letters of the show really aren't KACL(cackle)!!!

You nearly made me spew my food out at lunch. That was hilarious!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Heh heh. I like this. Is this it, or are you going to continue on and do more with it? smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
There's going to be a lot of selective reading on my part where these cross-over fics are concerned, but I enjoyed Frasier, and this was really good. thumbsup

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Not a huge fan of Frasier but enough to understand what's going on. I enjoyed it. I will also be a selective reader of these b/c I just don't know enough or care enough about some of the other shows. Loved Roz ogling Clark and Sman smile .
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, the call letters of the radio station Frasier worked for were KACL. It was an all talk station.

Since Frasier was a situation comedy, I don't see much of a way to continue it except as one shots. Frasier occasionally showing up in Metropolis or Clark and Lois doing something undercover in Seattle.

But if the muse strikes...

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm mad about Frasier, so I thought this was pretty funny. I could definitely see it as an episode with the headers. Too bad Bebe didn't make a cameo. But Lilith was the next best thing. wink

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Kerth
Kerth
Not a Frasier fan, but this seemed to work pretty well. Thanks for posting!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved Fraiser and the characters. This was perfect. How adorable! But in an epilogue I want Superman to visit Lilleth and take her flying LOL! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved Frasier and Lillith on Cheers and did see a few episodes of Frasier, but just enough to follow along. Loved your Niles - I think he was always my favorite.
this Lois Lane is obviously a sex-starved middle-aged woman with delusions of capturing the ultimate Nietzschean fantasy.
followed later by
Lois grabbed Clark’s arm and headed for the door. Behind her she could hear Roz saying, “A hunk who can fly and a hunk in a tux… if she’s sex starved, it’s her own fault, lucky bitch.”

Lois kept walking, even though Clark had started chortling again.
had me clap
BJ

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You've done it again. This was priceless.

Elisabeth

Features Writer
Features Writer
Very cute story! I LOVE Frasier! It's one of my favorite shows of all time!

But trust me, he read The Times, not the P-I. laugh

I love the image of Superman there to say hello to Roz since Dean played the Santa she was hot for. wink

One thing:

Please tell me that the call letters of the show really aren't KACL(cackle)!!!
The call letters stand for the show's creators: (David) Angell, (Peter) Casey and (David) Lee. Angell actually died on Sept. 11 aboard the first plane that hit the World Trade Center.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Roz was reading the PI. Niles had the Times. (For those of you who are lost - The Seattle Times is kinda like the Planet and the PI (Seattle Post-Intelligencer) is kinda like the Star.

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Top Banana
Top Banana
Terrific! And loved CK as a linguist & translator sidestory.... thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cute story.

I'm surprised you didn't include some reference to the woman whom Frasier had his 'too shallow' romantic fling with played by guest star Teri Hatcher.

Tank (who thought Teri looked great in that episode and showed her ability to do light comedy quite well)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Tank:
Cute story.

I'm surprised you didn't include some reference to the woman whom Frasier had his 'too shallow' romantic fling with played by guest star Teri Hatcher.

Tank (who thought Teri looked great in that episode and showed her ability to do light comedy quite well)
This story was set in Frasier's first season (just after Bebe was introduced.) So he hadn't met Marie (6th season) yet.

In the same vein, Roz hadn't met Rick (Dean Cain's character in the 10th season.)

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I only watched "Frasier" accidentally (maybe 25 eps in all), but I really liked this, you did it so nicely smile

It was great how you used the title cards to both structure the segments and for additional humour - just like they did on "Frasier" - my favourite one was "Not like Peter Pan ..."

Even though this wasn't very long (it really felt like a sitcom episode as opposed to a 45 minute show like LnC), you managed to capture the characters well, especially Frasier, Niles (he's great!) and Roz. Love how you gave each one the "right" attitude towards Superman (Roz lusting over him, Frasier being aloof), the right newspaper to read and how you managed to give each one a distinct voice (e.g. Roz's "lucky bitch" and Niles looking for a "glockenspiel"). Also loved that both "Catherine" and "Lily" called in.

It's great how you kept this short, sweet and entertaining. Glad you participated smile

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh I loved this!

...Now I have to start mine over, since I'm also using Frasier. I only had an outline done, but it was too similar to yours, so I'm going to be late while I rewrite it with another idea.

Desiree

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Big Apricot
I always thought this reference was hilarious. I imagine one of those wrinkled up, dried apricots and I laugh every time.

The translators were listed as Professor Lewis Lang and C.J. Kent.
Ooh, Ooh... Very interesting. Thanks for the great idea, Patrick!

P.I.
Remind me what this means? Something to do with paparazzi? Never mind. You already answered that.

And this Lois Lane is obviously a sex-starved middle-aged woman with delusions of capturing the ultimate Nietzschean fantasy.”
rotflol rotflol rotflol

a sloop cutting through the waves ahead of the wind
nice imagery

According to Lang this C.J. Kent was one of the finest minds he’d ever encountered
Smart.... and sexy, too. And has anyone ever thought about what his IQ must be?

C.J. Kent collaborated with Professor Lewis Lang on this book ten years ago.
Whoa! That put Clark at age 17. Smart boy, that Clark Kent.

Sixteen.
Even smarter.

“Because you’re already fighting like an old married couple,” Frasier said. “For most couples, it takes years, even therapy, to get that proficient.”
Hahahaha...

“Cliff from Boston,” Roz announced.
Cute, Dandello. Cliff from Cheers...

Nietzschean übermann
Did you know that when Siegal and Shuster first created Superman, they created him as bald, monstrous mad man (more like Lex Luthor)? In light of the Nazi’s coming to power, this was their statement against the Nazi ideals. They later decided to make him a good guy. And aren’t we all glad?

Nice story. Now if only Lilith would believe....

I love the image of Superman there to say hello to Roz since Dean played the Santa she was hot for.
Wasn’t he a cute Santa?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard