Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
What do you know? I'm back again and looking forward to hear what you thought.

Cris

Cris
Columnist
Columnist
dance dance

Melisma (going back into hiding here under her Rock)

peep

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay! More Luthor. See he hasn't gotten any less of a smug git in the interim. razz Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing him get his comeuppance.

“It’s about Clark,” he said, looking as if it actually hurt him to bring the matter up.
Ooooooh, I hate him! grumble Can I be the first to kick him when finally someone brings him down?

[quote] “Everything went as planned. Two shots. I left him lying flat on his back.”[/qutoe]

Eeeep! Cris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I refuse to believe you just killed Perry! You couldn't be that evil. Could you? I mean it's evil enough making us wait to find out!

More! Quick!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois did great when she refused to listen Lex, but he outwitted her and played right unto her insecurities. Super description!

Your Luthor is *very* devilishly cunning: one can really believe why he is the most powerful man in Metropolis.

Now, the circustances and time of revelation (Luthor making it and Lois being engaged to him) makes that Lois is more hurt than ever, and ashamed of her own behavior, too.

What *can* Clark do?

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, I didn't expect that! I was surprised when Luthor played his trump card to Lois. It will be interesting to see where that goes.

Also, it is an interesting premise that Lois knows about Clark before he makes his declaration in Centennial Park...if he gets the chance wink

I also think she would want a confrontation to "vent" laugh

The name of this story is very suspicious, but this will have a happy ending, won't it????? help

Features Writer
Features Writer
I just hope this doesn’t rank me higher on somebody’s evilness scale...
Ooohhh...I think you've just moved several notches up...

I was really surprised at first when Lex didn't break the news of Clark's secret identity to Lois himself - I would have thought he would want to see the look on her face. But his reasoning to Nigel did make sense, and I can see it working that way.

Poor Clark! He was already nervous enough about this meeting, and now she's stood him up! He needs a hug...

“Everything went as planned. Two shots. I left him lying flat on his back.”
OK, I guess we're supposed to think that it's Perry, and maybe it is...but since the man who was shot was waiting for a woman, and Perry was contacted by a man (and therefore was presumably waiting for a man), I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is Nigel. Lex has reasoned that Nigel was less than 100% loyal, and therefore sent Mrs. Cox to dispose of him.

I'll be very curious to see where you go with this. I'm really enjoying the story.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey!

you guys have me a little worried. When Tricia read throouh this it didn't feel like she knew who'd been shot (which is by the way sort of important) and it worried me. Later, Jose read it and said he had no problem realizing who the shot person was. So I didn't modify the story.

But, Perry?? huh Why do you feel it was Perry? I surely didn't want you to think that. It wasn't. I know I seem evil, but not that evil. Honest.

Cris (a little worried about the shooting thing not being as clear as she thought it was)

expected.

Cris
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe it was just me missing something obvious, Cris. Before I posted my comment I went back and checked it, just in case, but I couldn't see anything between Perry taking the phone call and the shooting.

So I put them together. <g> I did note that Perry was phoned by a man and the shooter was a woman, but Lex always has dozens of people working for him so I didn't figure there was any reason why the shooter should also have phoned. If you see what I mean. wink

I just figured it was one of these evil author things where you wanted us to think it was Perry but it would turn out to be someone entirely different. goofy

I'll read it over again later and see if I missed something obvious. Always possible.

I know I seem evil, but not that evil. Honest.
LOL. Yeah, yeah, that what they all say! wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Cris wrote:

But, Perry?? Why do you feel it was Perry?
Actually, Cris, I didn't think it was Perry. I had posted the following just above your message:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is Nigel. Lex has reasoned that Nigel was less than 100% loyal, and therefore sent Mrs. Cox to dispose of him.
However, since that was buried in the middle of a paragraph that started with speculation about Perry being the body, maybe you missed that... So I'll be brave once again and throw it out there for everyone to see. If I'm right and it is Nigel, I'm going to look incredibly intelligent, right? laugh

And if I'm wrong, well, let's not go there... blush

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
First off, Cris, this is very evil. wink

Lex is quite the dastardly villian and Lois is really blind to that. I know she is all confused about the things that have happened and is especially messed up with this latest revelation, but I still cringe everytime I see Lois beind so clueless about Lex. It just goes against everything I've come to expect from her personality and intelligence. In your defense, of course, is that the show is the one who set this situation up in the first place, so I guess Lois can be this gullible.

I think people might be forgetting Lex's conversation with Nigel earlier, where he told him that Mrs. Cox would call him to set up a meeting for later that night. So it's natural to assume that the man lying on the ground is Nigel. The only thing we, the gentle readers can hope for is that Nigel managed to tell Perry some good stuff before he bit the big one.

Tank the Resting (who is afraid that Cris has irrepairibly damaged the Lois and Clark relationship and they will never be able to get together again... sigh)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Cristina
another good part
I agree with the others - evil Lex
more
soon please
merry

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think people might be forgetting Lex's conversation with Nigel earlier, where he told him that Mrs. Cox would call him to set up a meeting for later that night. So it's natural to assume that the man lying on the ground is Nigel.
Yup, Tank, that's the one. In my case not so much forgetting about it as missing it entirely. goofy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Good morning, everyone!

I'm glad to see you realized I wasn't killing Perry...

Kathy said:

Actually, Cris, I didn't think it was Perry. I had posted the following just above your message:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is Nigel. Lex has reasoned that Nigel was less than 100% loyal, and therefore sent Mrs. Cox to dispose of him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, since that was buried in the middle of a paragraph that started with speculation about Perry being the body, maybe you missed that... So I'll be brave once again and throw it out there for everyone to see. If I'm right and it is Nigel, I'm going to look incredibly intelligent, right?
Sorry about that, Kathy. I had read your post; I?d even began answering it in my repply but, for some reason, decided to erase it (and left a word as I did, right below my name blush )

You were right as was Tank about Nigel ebing the shot one. For some reason, it seemed obvious to me and never ocurred that you could actually think of Perry instead...

Labrat said:

LOL. Yeah, yeah, that what they all say!
Seems you're not going to believe me, are you? I ma really not that evil... whinging

Ooh, I had overlooked this story until now. Bad, baaaaad Mel!
Glad you joined in, Mel, and that you're liking this.

Gabriele said:

Your Luthor is *very* devilishly cunning: one can really believe why he is the most powerful man in Metropolis.
I'm really gald you like my description of Luthor; it's great to know that you get the same image of him I have in my head.

Trenna said:

The name of this story is very suspicious, but this will have a happy ending, won't it?????
DEfine Happy ending... evil

Kathy said:

I was really surprised at first when Lex didn't break the news of Clark's secret identity to Lois himself - I would have thought he would want to see the look on her face. But his reasoning to Nigel did make sense, and I can see it working that way.
I actually considered having Lex break the news himself. But, at a point, I thought that Lois ahd had enough of CK and LEx throwing accusations at each other and not proving any. I thought that with her S1 attitude, she would have been fed up by now, so not listening to Lex seem the right choice. Glad the exlpanation Luthor offers is convincing.

Labrat said:

I just figured it was one of these evil author things where you wanted us to think it was Perry but it would turn out to be someone entirely different.
Not at all. Promise (though I doubt you're believing it...

Tank said:

but I still cringe everytime I see Lois beind so clueless about Lex
Haven't we all thought that at some point? For an award-winning investigative journalist, she really was blind... but wouldn't that apply to the story of the century as well (RE: her partner flying in tights in his spare time)?

The only thing we, the gentle readers can hope for is that Nigel managed to tell Perry some good stuff before he bit the big one.
You'll find out in part 6... evil

Merry, glad youre liking this too.

I'll be back with part 6 in a couple of days.

Once again, thanks, everyone.

Cris

Cris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard