Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48232 11/23/07 09:21 PM
Tahu Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
great part, I am still reading but time for fdk is coming short these days.

I love Lois and Clark as teens and I love your Lois in this story.

There is so much they have to deal with as teens. Wow.

Great part can't wait for the next one.

#48233 11/24/07 06:32 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"No," Lois told him. "I have a brown thumb."
So, it was a steady process to get from brown to black?

Town stuff. Sweet.

Nan, since you hinted at this being the quiet before the storm, do you already know (and are willing to tell) how many parts we can expect during the storm season?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#48234 11/24/07 02:13 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Typical well-written story part, but then we've all come to expect that from Nan in anything she posts.

I don't like the fact that Lois is pregnant, or the circumstances under which she became 'with child' but over all the relationship they have is interesting and I'm assuming the child will not actually have much of a role in the story.

I do have to take extreme exception with one small part of this particular instalment. Clark apparently has fairly poor taste in music since The Pretenders are a great band. And since Chrisse Hynde is my age their fan base is not generally made up of thirteen year olds, unless those thirteen year olds are fairly sophisticated in their musical tastes.

The Pretenders, in all their incarnatins, have been making great music for thirty years, and are still one of the top bands out there.

Tank (who felt it behooved him to point out Nan's little error)

#48235 11/24/07 04:33 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Lol Tank! In that case, why don't you select a band that a 13 year old in 1984 might have liked. Preferably one that sank without a trace <g> instead of a good one? I just couldn't remember any others.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#48236 11/24/07 05:36 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Nan - still reading. Loved it like always.

Not enough energy for better feedback - but more in the next ten minutes wouldn't be soon enough wink .
Carol

#48237 11/24/07 06:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan, school is killing me even over the holidays and I don't have much time to comment, but I am still loving your story! I have to comment on Tank's comment...
The Pretenders are a great band.
I thought you meant the TV series, and I'm 40! LOL! rotflol

Anyway, nice job and please keep it coming.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#48238 11/25/07 04:29 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
How about Wham!, they were a group who peaked around 1984, split up a while later and George Michael continued on with a solo career that lasted for a few years but petered out over time.

Another major group at the time was Duran Duran, but they were popular with the high school and college crowd as well as younger girls.

Both bands were all about 'cute' guys more than the music.

Tank (who was already in his thirties in 1984 and so his musical tastes might just be a bit colored by that)

#48239 11/25/07 04:33 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Lol, gee I can't imagine why. So were mine. In 1984 I was 36, my fifth child was on the way (she's a very pretty girl of 23 now) and I was chasing 4 other little rug rats who hadn't got to the teen stage yet. We were also in the process of buying our first house and moving from the San Diego area to the Bay Area, so my mind was on a few other things than music.

Actually, thanks for the tip. The nice thing about the internet is that you can substitute things when needed in stories.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#48240 11/25/07 04:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! Tank, I remember and was really into WHAM! and George Michael after WHAM! and he was a cutie but could happen to also be able to sing. I remember Duran Duran but never saw the physical attraction and hated their music.

My favorites are Ambrosia, Elton John, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, etc. I'm a bit different from my age group...Thank God!

Thanks for the humour!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#48241 11/25/07 08:07 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hey there - I read parts 1-14 last night and it kept me hooked.

RL is busy @ the moment, so I'm going to try and spill my enthusiasm all @ once here.

Again, try.

Clark, sweet as ever. Lois, our determined girl. I am really sad for Lois and how much hardship she's had to endur, but she's a troper.

I had a bit of a hard time with "ancient quary" back in one chapter. To me ancient are ruins from the Roman era or Stonehendge.

As for this chapter:

He was combing his hair when the bedroom door opened quietly and Lois entered the room.

"Clark! What are you doing out of bed?"

He smiled at her. "I feel all right," he told her. "No headache, no aches and pains or anything."

"You're sure?" she asked.
I can't imagine the fright that Lois had while Clark was out for 10 minutes. Preggo, not done school, a sister, a drunk mother, newlywed and a farm. All that must have ran though her head at some point. Most of all her panick over not having him in her life to love, etc would have been horrible.

And Lucy's going over to spend the night at Celia's."

"Really? It sounds like she and Celia hit it off pretty well."

"Yeah. They both like 'Wham!'."

At his raised eyebrows she laughed softly. "They're thirteen," she pointed out.
I giggled and totally agreed how Lucy and Celia are friends because they liked WHAM. It's funny how simple things like that make children friends. I like that snippet.

I hope Clark can keep up with his many responsiblities since he doesn't have his powers. I know many people do that either out of necessity or because they like doing all sorts of things (like my work friend).

"That old place," Lana said contemptuously. "Nobody who's anybody farms these days."
Ugh I just dislike this Lana. Not the way it is written, but just her character. She adds that needed thorn in a storyline though. A challenge to deal with. I hope she had a bad seat at the threatre.

Well I gotta go!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard