Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whether she loved him or not, it was very obvious that she cared a good deal about him. He could settle for that, he thought, and it might turn into love eventually.
You really think she might NOT love you. That she is just horny? Obtuse lunkheaded dolt. smile1

"He said Earth is physically and biologically compatible with you -- or you are with us. What do you suppose that means exactly?"
"I don't know," he said. "Probably that I can eat the same things humans do, and breathe the air."
Well, duh. That, and the the fact that they better look out for birth control in six months. Unless Lois wants her kids to be really close in age.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
dance Woohoo! You posted again!

"You're upside down."

She gave an odd-sounding laugh and a warm drop of liquid fell onto his cheek. He raised a shaking hand to wipe it away but Lois performed the service for him. Another drop fell on his face as she was wiping the first one away and he realized she was crying.

"Don't cry," he told her in a slightly stronger voice. "What happened?"
Oh, Clark...barely conscious but worrying about Lois first. He really does love her. When it comes to Clark, there is no question.
How long was I out?"

"Almost ten minutes," Lois said. "Mr. Irig called me and told me what happened. He was afraid to call the paramedics. Did you know he'd guessed?"

"Yeah, he told me, more or less," Clark said. "He found the ship right after my parents died and fixed the floor in the storm cellar so nobody else would find it."

"You mean he's kept it secret for eight years?" Lois said. "Wow."
I knew that Wayne knew! But he did the noble thing and kept the secret. I knew he was a good man.
Clark couldn't help smiling at her determination. She was so adamant that he wasn't going to push himself too hard. Whether she loved him or not, it was very obvious that she cared a good deal about him. He could settle for that, he thought, and it might turn into love eventually. It had happened before.
Oh, Lois loves you alright Clark. She just seems to have a hard time saying it.
"Besides, I thought you liked to have me undress you."

"Well, yes, but that's a little different," he said.

She began to untie his shoes. "No it isn't. I'm your wife and I've already seen you naked," she pointed out practically. "I'll leave your underwear on, at least this time."

He couldn't help laughing weakly. "All right. But I'll get even; see if I don't."

"I'll take that as a promise." She removed the shoes, dropped them to the floor and proceeded to peel off his socks.
Yep. Lois is in love with Clark. She's already reminding him that she is his wife. rotflol
"He said Earth is physically and biologically compatible with you -- or you are with us. What do you suppose that means exactly?"
Could this be Jor El metaphorically talking about Lois and Clark's future with her. After all, the globe just started to light up after Lois and Clark were married.
"I'm pretty sure I love you," she said suddenly. "Did you know that?"

He opened his eyes to look up at her. "I hoped you might, at least someday."

"Not someday," Lois said quietly. "Now. I don't think I've ever been so scared as when I saw you lying on the ground there in the barn. I was afraid I was going to lose you." She leaned down and kissed him lightly on the lips. "Go to sleep. Maybe after you've had some rest you'll feel better."

He didn't tell her that hearing her say that she loved him had been a better tonic than all the sleep in the world. She got up and went into the small bathroom. There was the sound of water running and she reappeared with a wet washcloth that she laid carefully across his forehead. "Go to sleep," she repeated.

Obediently, he closed his eyes.
Aww. This was such a sweet exchange. Finally!

Nice job Nan. Hurry back!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
ooh this is a goody. isn't clark just the nicest fella in the whole world? (reminds me of my hubby hehehe) He is so responsible and utterly in love with Lois. I do believe you have captured that in its essence. They just belong together, through thick and thin. This story makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy. LOVE it! love

Lois: Clark, you don't have to be embarrassed. That's what friends are for. Just tell me how much.
Clark: Lois, I want you to go out with me!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So nice... catching up on several parts here. I love the way you're writing Wayne Irig; I can totally see him.

The details are good but what sticks in my mind is the broad overview:

Clark loves Lois. Lois is in trouble. Clark saves her.

Clark is in trouble. Lois saves him. Lois loves Clark.

It's just very "awww" inducing for some reason. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
*hugs Nan's story*

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous story! I've been keeping up with it through the Lurking Reader's Association these days, but I took a field trip. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it, and comments often give me ideas that improve the next part or the story in general, so I value them.

Hubby and I are visiting our son during the week and will be going up to Humboldt County tomorrow in order to attend my aunt's memorial service on Friday, so I'm not really able to do much writing this week. I hope to get back on schedule after Sunday, when we'll be getting home late in the day.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard