Next Thread
Print Thread
#48077 11/10/07 03:56 PM
C
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
C
I've just gotten caught up on this, Nan, and I just had to tell you how wonderful I think it is. I keep falling in love with Lois and Clark all over again as I read these sweet, smart, and slightly heartbreaking adolescent versions of the characters. I ache for the huge responsibilities this young couple is taking on, but at the same time, I don't doubt that they can manage.

I have to tell you, I got goosebumps when I read this line:

"Of course I'm sure," he said, squeezing her hands. "I'm talking to the woman who taught me to fly."
hail Oh, I love that so much!

And I was prepared to hate Sam Lane when it seemed that he'd just knowingly abandoned his girls to an alcoholic mother:

Sam Lane gave a faint exasperated sigh. "What now? Did the local bar raise its prices?"
But he redeemed himself somewhat, and I'm hoping he'll step up and take some responsibility from here on out now that he knows how bad it is. Because no matter how much Lois thinks she can handle Lucy, she shouldn't have to - and especially not with everything else she has on her plate right now.

I adored the tenderness of this most recent part, and that just after their wedding night they learned together another piece of Clark's history. And now they can't even enjoy a little wedded bliss, because already Ellen is giving them more trouble. Grrr! This is one of the least likable versions of her character I've ever seen! Fingers crossed that they can get her into rehab...

Thanks for such a lovely story! I'll be looking forward to the next part smile .

Caroline

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan! This was another wonderful chapter. I hate that Ellen is being such a bear about the whole marriage thing. I know that she is concerned for Lois's future but obviously the family doesn't depend on her to make decisions! I'm glad that Sam has the foresight to give this all a chance.

I'm also glad that Lois and Clark had a *wedding night*. Clark loves Lois so much and I think that she really loves him. I do think that Clark should be careful with his powers. I'm not sure that Ellen wouldn't use the information to blackmail him.
"Did you call Lois's father last night?" Ellen inquired suddenly.

"No," Clark said.

"Did Lois?"

"No," Clark said.

Silence. Ellen regarded him with a puzzled air. "What's the nearest airport around here?" she asked suddenly.

"There's a private airfield in Rattlesnake Bend," Clark said, "about thirty miles from here. It's where the local crop dusters house their planes. The closest commercial airport is about fifty or sixty miles away, near Jefferson City."

"Oh," Ellen said. Abruptly, she left the kitchen. A moment later, Clark saw her in the bare area between the house and the barn, regarding the small blue car with a slight frown on her face. Clark went quietly about his kitchen duties. The only tire tracks in the dust were clear evidence that the vehicle hadn't been moved since the day before, and Clark had no intention of enlightening Ellen as to the true circumstances of last night's events.
I just love the way that Clark handles Ellen.

Nicely written!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She ran a hand over his bare chest. "You know," she said, "it feels almost disrespectful but it's still early. Mother usually sleeps until eight and Lucy'd sleep until noon if I'd let her. Maybe you could -- I don't know -- like to help me get back to sleep."
Bad Lois. smile1

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part!

Lucy's reaction to her mother passed out on the couch seemed to be right on point- and it made me laugh. This is a child obviously knowing that her parent is not in the right mind, and Lucy probably knows that she practically has to take care of herself. It is the road that Lois had to go down before. That said, I think that it is a sad warning that Lucy shouldn't have to go down the road already traveled. Maybe this is part of the "problem" Clark was referring to earlier.

Sam Lane better have some solutions up his sleeve when he shows up, because this situation is not working as is.

I, too, am glad that they got a wedding night, and am mostly glad that Lois is going full-bore. It's a relief that their relationship will be stable because it seems that everything else they have to deal with is on the opposite end of the stable spectrum.

Thanks for sharing!
~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard