Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I loved this part. The way you portrayed Sam Lane was great. He seems different at first, but at the same time I think you've come to show the core of his character.

"Hmm." Sam Lane had a faint smile on his lips. "It sounds to me like you have a very good friend there, Princess. I think I'll like this young man when I meet him. You have to admit, though, that the two of you are taking a big chance. You know the statistics for teen marriages, don't you?"
Well, Sam would know these stats, of course. laugh

Sam Lane nodded slowly, frowning slightly. "I'll do what I can." He turned to Lois. "When your mother calls, if she does, I'll deal with it."
Well, that sounds good, at least.

He eyed Clark thoughtfully. "What are your plans, after we smooth out this rough patch, young man? Are you planning on farming your land?"
notworthy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Nan - this was wonderful as always. I love the ending! Sam was great as was Clark.

Wish I had the time to say more!
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute, if a bit anti-climatic after the Ellen Lane incident from the last part. Where was the stress? Where was the crazed out father?

Nice ending, but why are they so relaxed?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Because we're not done yet! <g> Besides, you must know by now that I don't always do the expected. Sam Lane seems to me to be the kind of guy who prides himself on his rationality, whether or not there is much basis for it. Who would he get mad at? The contrite daughter? The friend who is not responsible for the problem but who is trying to help her out?

There will be more coming, but I wanted to get this inevitable part dealt with before we get to the more dramatic ending.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Didn't think you were - done that is or doing the expected. Just didn't expect this turn, which if you put it like that is quite a surprise laugh But nice to know that there is more roller coaster ride coming. Regarding Sam, I guess I was just surprised that he would take it in stride and take her word for every thing. She is, after all, still a 17 year old. Might be, I read to many fanfics lately where he didn't hold it together like that.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm not trying to excuse my fault in all this, but sometimes things happen and before you realize it events have gone farther and in directions that you didn't expect. I want you to know that you're still my daughter, and I feel at least somewhat responsible for your situation. If I'd been paying more attention --"
Hmm, seems familiar somehow. A few months ago things happened and Lois let them go farther and in a direction she didn't expect. Still, she's at least somewhat responsible; if only she'd been paying more attention to Clark... goofy Although that last bit isn't really fair, I suppose. Loved the declaration of interest at the end, there.

Fun bit with them swooping around the skyscrapers, too!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful story.

Loved Sam's reaction. And Ellen's is sooo typical.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great story - I read all you've written so far last night and I love the way you've written Lois particularly. Strong, but willing to be loved and to love in return, without years of waiting! I guess it's because she hasn't had all those other experiences with men. smile

I can't wait to find out what happens next. How soon is the next part going to be posted? wink

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Nan,
I'm late to the party... which is usually the case. I like the spin you have put on the story, Lois and family in Smallville, Lois and Clark becoming friends, Lois and Clark becoming more...

I was surprised with Sam's calmness in the last part, and to tell the truth, I'm not sure how I feel about Lucy's situation. It seems that Lois is going to have a lot on her plate without Lucy in the mix, but it certainly provides some interesting potential conflicts- which in turn is the fodder for good fiction!

I also don't know what to think about the baby's biological father. I kinda hope that he falls away, but there has been so much emphasis on Clark being introduced as not the father, that it seems inevitable for a clash to take place. I could be reaching, though- I'm a reacher wink

Also, I saw from a previous part that you were able to safely evacuate from the wildfire - that is a relief!

Thanks for sharing the story. Can't wait for more.
~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Love the story, Nan!!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard