Print Thread
#47910 11/02/07 10:36 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, Nanfic
"What are you wearing on your hand?" Ellen clearly hadn't had enough to drink not to notice the obvious.

"A wedding set," Lois replied shortly.

"Why are you wearing a wedding set?" Ellen demanded. "I've never seen that before."
Well, duh!

"Well, you just head right back to town and get me a bottle," Ellen commanded.

Lois glanced at Clark and shrugged. "I'm only eighteen," Clark said. "I'm not allowed to buy liquor."
huh
Ellen Lane certainly has a selective hearing. But then, who would believe it. Next he tells her that he can fly.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#47911 11/02/07 01:17 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Nan! Wonderful! I love it as always. Ellen is certainly something isn't she?! Can't wait to see what Sam says!

Carol [who doesn't have the energy for more than that but at least isn't in the hospital]

#47912 11/02/07 05:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent, another wonderful part! I definitely wonder how Sam is going to react...and I worry about Lucy!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#47913 11/02/07 06:06 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Great part. I just would forewarn you to explain at the beginning of the next part exactly why Sam Lane suddenly sees his daughter when he thought she was in the Midwest. And if he talks to Ellen the next day and she says, "Lois was here last night"? Just wanted to make sure no one gets suspicious.

But, really yes it was a great part. You have a beautiful knack for alt-beginnings/next-gen stories.
In some ways, I want Clark to say he wasn't the one who got her pregnant, but then he did tell Lois it was *his* baby, and Ellen would resent him anyways for encouraging Lois to keep the baby, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#47914 11/02/07 06:14 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Lol, woody. Yes, I thought of that. But since there is no Superman yet and Sam doesn't have a high opinion of Ellen at this point -- we'll leave it to Sam to figure out an explanation for what appears to be impossible.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#47915 11/02/07 07:32 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Gotcha. That was my first thought, too. Sam probably won't trust a possibly inebriated Ellen, especially when believing her makes no sense.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#47916 11/03/07 10:47 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan! Yeah! You posted! rotflol Priceless.
"Why did you marry my daughter?" Ellen Lane asked abruptly. "If you were going to pay for an abortion, why ask her to marry you?"

"I never offered to pay for an abortion," Clark said.

"She said you did."

"Not exactly. In any case, it doesn't matter. I love Lois. I wasn't going to let her go through this alone, no matter what I had to do."

"You're too young to know anything about love," Ellen said shortly.
Ellen heard them but she wasn't listening. I think in this case, Clark can make much better decisions than Ellen. He has married a woman who is pregnant with a child that isn't his so he has taken on a wife, a baby, a child {Lucy} and an adult child {Ellen}. That is a big responsibility for a young man. He is such a wonderful and loving young man.
"You're too young to know anything about love," Ellen said shortly.

Clark didn't answer. Ellen eyed him narrowly for a moment. "What are your plans, now that you've ruined my daughter's life?" she asked finally.

Clark ignored the rider. "I'm going to attend Midwest U this fall, majoring in journalism. Lois and I talked it over and she's going to night school this summer to get some credits. Then she's going to Smallville High for the first semester in the fall. The baby is due in January, so after that, she'll go back to night school to finish. That way one of us can care for the baby while the other one is in school. After that, we'll see. She wants to go to college, for a degree in journalism, too, and I intend to help her to do it."

"How?" Ellen asked.

"We have a year to figure it out," Clark said quietly. "We’ll manage. I didn't marry Lois in order to ruin her life."

Ellen gave a faint snort. "You should have thought of that before you got my daughter pregnant."

Clark didn't reply, but turned to take dishes from the kitchen cupboard. His mother's Blue Willow china was clean and shining, ready to be used.
I love the way Clark handles Ellen!
“I wanted to work there someday,” Lois’s voice said.

“You will, if you want to,” he said. “We’ll make it as long as we work together.”

“Do you think so?” Lois asked.

“I know so.”

“When you sound like that, you make me believe it too,” Lois said.
Clark is telling Lois not to just give up her dreams because life pitched her a curve ball and he will do whatever it takes to make sure that she fulfills her life long dreams.
“Do you want me to come with you?” he asked Lois in a whisper.

“No,” she told him. “But can you stick around nearby -- just in case I need you?”
Clark has given Lois his unconditional support. He has done the for better or worse...thick and thin...rich or poor...

Clark is Lois's own guardian angel sent to her from God. Let's see where their new life take them soon, Nan! This was absolutely fabulous!

Thank you for such a beautiful chapter.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard