Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Wonderful as always.

I loved their first kiss! I also love that Clark fixed up the farmhouse for all of them to live in.

And Wayne's speech *giggle*...

Loved it all!

So glad you guys are okay Nan! [but sorry about that monitor frown ]
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan! First of all I'm glad that you're okay. I had no idea that the fires affected you and in the midst of me nagging you abut posting, someone very tactfully filled me in.

Anyway...
"I'm getting married," he said quietly. "I can't tell you all the details but --"

Irig held up a hand. "Then don't," he said. "If it's who I think it is, you're marryin' a stick o' dynamite -- but she's the gal I'd o' picked for you if you'd asked me."
Now why do I get the impression that Wayne Irig knows a whole lot more than he let on.
"This is where you taught me that my differences weren't something to make me afraid. You opened up the world to me." He put an arm around her waist and began to float upward and out over the quarry.

"I've been everywhere since that day," he continued. "I've flown around the Earth, to the north and south poles. I've crossed every ocean and seen every continent. I've seen wonders that most of us only read about or watch on television -- and I want to share all those things with you. To me, you're what makes them worthwhile." They drifted in the air above the quarry and with his free arm he waved at the wide land all around them. "I lost my family when I was ten," he continued. "Your family has been pretty badly broken, too -- but together you and I -- and our baby, if you marry me -- can be a lot more than either of us alone. I want to give you my new world and my future. Will you be my wife? -- not only for your sake, but the baby's, Lucy's and mine."
Wow! Clark has credit Lois for teaching him how to fly--I think metaphorically. She accepted him for what he is and that moment is when his life changed. She changed his life. In return, he is accepting her, baby and all and he wants to make a difference in her life. He is already referring to the baby as "our baby" which confirms his acceptance. And he includes in his proposal that he needs Lois to say yes to his proposal for his sake as well as the other circumstances. He already cannot see past tomorrow without Lois.
She looked around, and he could see tears in her eyes. "You want me that much?" she asked. "Enough that you'll take someone else's baby and be its father?"

"This baby is part of you," Clark said firmly. "And I want it to be my baby too. I can hear its heart beating right now. Who knows if I can ever have children someday? I look human but I'm from another planet. Yes, I want this baby. Its biological father wanted to kill it. I want it to live and grow up and for you to let me be its dad." Slowly, he lowered them back to the ground and dropped to one knee in front of her. "I asked you in the park, and now I'm asking again, Lois. Will you marry me?"

Tears were running down her face and she was nodding. "How can I say no after that? Yes. Yes, I'll marry you."
OMG, Nan. This was just so beautiful. Lois should now be reassured that Clark wants her regardless. She seems to have a problem feeling worthy. But this is just an opportunity for CLark to take advantage of what he wanted all along...to marry Lois.
"You know," she said softly, "We're going to be married in a couple of days. You could kiss me good night."

Clark put his arms gently around her. "I didn't want to make you uncomfortable," he said, "but I've wanted to kiss you from the day we met."

"I wish you'd told me," Lois said. "Because I wanted you to."

After that, there was no sound in the short hallway for some time. At last, Clark raised his head. "I'm looking forward to our trip," he said.

"So am I," Lois said. "I just wish --"

He put his forefinger across her lips. "No apologies," he said firmly. "If I'd asked you for a date, things would have been different." He turned his head and looked over the top of his glasses. "Lucy's got her ear to the door," he added.
Clark is just so sweet. Even though they are going to be married, he doesn't use this to take advantage of Lois. He seems somewhat hesitant about just how "married" they are going to be. Poor Lois is beating herself up about the pregnancy and seems to wish that she had waited for Clark or maybe wish that it was his baby that she was carrying. She probably wishes that she knew if he would still want to marry her even if there was no baby.

If Lois and Clark had dated and Lois had not been pregnant, surely they would not be getting married now and there would not have been a reason for them to have to come to terms with their feelings for each other. SO, this is a good thing.
"I guess we can go."

"In just a minute," Clark said. He took her hand and an instant later had slid a diamond ring onto the third finger. Lois gasped faintly.

"Clark! I told you an engagement ring was a waste of money!"

"This ring belonged to my mother," he said. "I wasn't able to get it until I graduated from school. You deserve an engagement ring as much as any other woman who's getting married."
And Clark continues to surprise Lois... OMG!
"You're certain that this is what you want to do, young lady?" he asked very solemnly. "There are other alternatives, you know."

"I'm sure," Lois replied staunchly. "I won't make my baby pay for my actions."

The judge turned to Clark. "And you're willing to take on this responsibility, young man?"

"Yes sir," Clark answered.

"I trust you know the obstacles ahead of you," the judge said. "The two of you are taking on a great deal of responsibility."

"We know," Clark said. Lois nodded.

"And you're both completely willing to do this?" The judge watched them expressionlessly. Clark looked at Lois and she met his eyes with a little smile. Together, they turned to look back at the judge.

"Yes," they said, together.
I don't think that the judge is trying to discourage them. He just wants them to understand what they're getting into. But I think he saw unusual maturity and some sort of bond between Lois and Clark that made him back off with just a short inquiry.

This is absolutely beautiful. You've given us a foundation for a wonderful marriage to come. Thank you!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great that you are ok.

I definitely didn't see part 6 coming, but now I think it can work story wise (LnC was a given wink ) I mean the hints where there that Lois was up to something but getting pregnant. evil At least their first child will be almost grown up and old enough not to be to jealous when the siblings start flying around the house. Unless Lois hasn't learned anything about what can happen when things happen by the time her kid is born.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous story! I finally caught up on about 4 parts tonight, and everything is a big RAFO, which I love. I have zero idea what's going to happen next. :p

I'm also very glad to hear you made out safely with the fires.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Loved this part too! Can't wait to see where LnC go from here!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's lovely, and yet, and yet... it seemed to go so fast. A lot of this story has been told in flashbacks, and that's been fine, but with the action being present tense now, maybe it could be more showing and less telling? I'm not a huge angst fan but I guess I was looking forward to more introspection -- are we ever going to get into Lois's head?

I'm glad you're (mostly) recovered from the fires, and I feel guilty for complaining! Maybe I was just in a rotten mood when I read it... sorry. frown

Rest assured, however, that I do want to see the next part as soon as possible! laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pam, I don't think you need to worry. Nan will deliver.

I was just thinking, "Things are going so well for the two of them...what horrible nasty thing will Nan have up her typing sleeves just waiting to ooze out and make us go ARRGGHH!!! ?"

I can just see Ellen's reaction to this. There is NO way that she isn't going to believe that this child isn't Clark's.

And, the forshadowing of trouble for Lucy, She is on a camping trip, what more could we ask for for trouble.

And, Clark had better find a different place for that ship, now that they are going to have a nosy kid about.

James, who is loving this story soo much that when he realised that he had gotten to the end of part 6 he 'epped' when there was nothing else on the paper to read!

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, Nan...you've had your break! C'mon...produce!
wildguy wildguy wildguy

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
LOL. I'm only part done with the next installment. We've had a very busy week -- my daughter and son in law were busy moving from one apartment to another and trying to clean the old one. The fire shortened their time considerably, so they've been doing marathon moving and cleaning, with Grandma watching the kids. Our place is a mess as well, with ash everywhere and a lot of things that we took with us to put back. I've only been able to write sporadically, but I promise I'm working on it.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard