Next Thread
Print Thread
#47193 10/12/07 01:17 PM
MissyG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Nan!!

What an exciting chapter!!!! I grinned at Clark's revelation that Lana's futile attempts at trying to manipulate him wasn't working anymore and that he was finally seeing through her motives.

And how in the world is Clark going to explain to Lois how he rescued her?

More soon!!

This is great!!

#47194 10/12/07 01:42 PM
Columnist
Columnist
What happened to Lois? Why was she in the lake?

Great chapter. I want more.

#47195 10/12/07 02:17 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
That was great, Nan!!!

I, for one, can't wait to see what happens next.

I like how you incorporate the flashbacks. Something Clark 'said' - he'd told Lois he had a hard time fitting in or something made me wonder if Lois doesn't know. I'm also trying to remember if you've told us what his parents told him. Anyway - I wonder if this is when Lois finds out.

I'll post Monday if you will? smile
Carol

#47196 10/12/07 02:33 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I wish I could promise. The last couple of weeks have been crazy. I'd written about half a page before this morning and sat down determined to finish the part, which I did. I have an outline in my head but the events in the story don't really clarify until I get them down on paper, figuratively speaking. <g>

I'm trying to stick to a schedule of about a week apart. I was a day late this week, but I swear, I did my best.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#47197 10/12/07 02:35 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ah well... you can't blame a girl for trying...

Oh! I read Supercop recently - isn't that the one with Henderson? - and if you have no Home up your sleeves when you're done with this one - I'd take another one of those smile .

Carol [who eally needs to catch up on the series with CJ and pals]

#47198 10/12/07 03:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great chapter! I too am a huge fan of the flashbacks that are woven into the present. Hmm that rowboat and Lois' near-drowning was quite the sketchy occurrence...sounds like some interesting crime for Smallville!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#47199 10/12/07 04:21 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
That guy in the rowboat knew she was there for sure. He'd have to be deaf to not hear her screams, and what a coincidence that would be. I'm looking forward to the next part, Nan!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#47200 10/12/07 07:55 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Just a few months in Smallville and she's already getting tossed in a lake?

Great story. I'm finding I really like teenage Lois and Clark.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#47201 10/12/07 08:52 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like Lisa said, that man in the rowboat certainly knew that Lois was in the lake. In fact, he probably was the one who tossed her in there. Lois was defending herself against that man when she came to, after Clark had rescued her.

Wow! Talk about intense. But before that, I loved the quiet introspection on Clark's part, such as when he felt that when Lana's hold on him had been broken, he had somehow had a narrow escape. That was great. And of course, his musings about how terrifying it had been to develop strange powers and being unable to control them were harrowing.

The little snippets you gave us of Lucy and, particularly, Ellen, served to enhance Lois's good qualities even more. No wonder that Clark is interested in her. Hmmm, she treats him like a brother - she loves him like a brother, perhaps? Well, that will do fine for now, as long as she doesn't fall for any Smallville versions of Lex Luthor.

Great chapter as always, Nan.

Ann

#47202 10/13/07 02:41 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Nan, you're killing me. I really really want to read the whole thing right now!

<sigh>

Love the flashbacks, entwined with a current time mystery. I'm not a great fan of teenage characters, but L&C are definitely a cut above the ordinary!

Poor Clark, all alone in the world, but he's doing pretty well regardless -- and he's definitely had a narrow escape where Lana's concerned.

Lois has a lot on her shoulders, too, on top of her usual propensity for getting into trouble. I might be reading too much into it, but I wonder if her newspaper articles were noticed by someone who had something against her/her family...

I know you're doing your best. Here's hoping real life cuts you some slack. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#47203 10/14/07 03:31 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Poor Lois certainly has found herself in a pickle. Stripped of her sodden clothes in an awkward situation with her best friend whom she hasn't found the guts yet to tell about her drunken mother.

<Sigh>

Great part, Nan.

Elisabeth

#47204 10/15/07 10:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Joy! I am ready to post fdk for 3 and I notice 4 hyper hyper hyper !!!

Loving this story. We have been watching Gone with the Wind for our girl's education on the subject of Slavery and I can't help but see some similarities between Lana and Scarlet O'Hara...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard