#46832 10/04/07 11:27 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Nan - you continue to amaze!

I can't wait to see where you're going with this. Why Clark is waiting for Lois, what he has to talk to her about.

I'm loving the world you're weaving here!

I read a bunch of Nanfic over the last couple of weeks and couldn't wait for the next part of this!

More soon please smile .
Carol

#46833 10/04/07 11:29 AM
Columnist
Columnist
wow great part especially the last sentence. Can't wait to see how this will develop.

I love it when Lois and Clark meet as teenagers. thumbsup

#46834 10/04/07 11:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree. It's fun to read a story that has a different spin on things. This is sweet and very moreish.

And now I'm thinking about chicken. It's due to lack of sleep, if anybody's wondering. (not the moorish chicken, but the ramblings of a short-circuiting brain.) goofy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#46835 10/04/07 12:06 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
our last librarian eloped with Principal Talbot's son -- and then he joined the Navy and they wound up in Guam, so we didn't have a librarian.
This cracked me up! A great example of small town everybody-knows-everything life.

I'm enjoying this, Nan!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#46836 10/04/07 12:44 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan,

This was wonderful. I'm loving how these two young people are interacting--kids yet still themselves.

For example:
As he strolled into the school auditorium, where the morning meeting was taking place, he saw Lois Lane speaking to one of the committee members and taking quick notes on a pad of paper. He knew he shouldn't eavesdrop but the temptation was too much and he trained his hearing on the two. A minute later, he had to hide a smile. Lois was interviewing the man.
Lois is Always going to be reporting on something or she's just not Lois!

"Why Smallville?" he couldn't help asking. "We're one of those towns that isn't even on most maps."
That sounds more like 1st season Lois would have said about Smallville--even though it may be true it sounds a bit odd coming out of Clark's mouth.

"I think I know what you mean," Lois said. "If you're too smart, people think you're weird."

"Something like that," Clark said. "But I *can't* let my grades slide if I'm going to get into MU, so I just try to act like everybody else."

"Why'd you tell me, then?" Lois asked. "You can't be sure I'm not going to blab it all over town."

He shrugged. "I don't know. I sort of don't think you will."

"You know, Kent, you’re much too trusting," she said. “You’re lucky that this time you guessed right.”

“Who says I was guessing?” Clark said. “Can I help it if I’m a good judge of character?”

“Don’t push your luck,” Lois said. “One of these days you might be wrong.”

“I’m very selective,” Clark told her loftily. “You have to meet very high standards.”

She elbowed him in the ribs. “Jerk.”
OK, I know it's a long quote, but I just loved this conversation. It's so "THEM" even as teen-agers clap clap clap

Looking forward to 3 and finding out what's really bothering Lois.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#46837 10/04/07 01:24 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very sweet part, Nan. Vonceil already quoted my favorite part, the ending. It was great and wonderfully in "teenaged Lois and Clark" character.

I think it's interesting that this is alt-Clark, who has been orphaned twice, and yet he is such a good and happy boy. Lois, on the other hand, is struggling with her mother, and her father's rejection of her is deeply hurtful to her. Yet she, too, is doing well.

It will be very interesting to see where you are going with this!

Ann

#46838 10/04/07 06:40 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've been promising myself for the last week that I won't go to bed after 12 any more
*g* I've been making that same promise since at least 2002. Needless to say, it hasn't quite panned out yet.

Loved the new part! You write just wonderfully, and I can't wait to see where this goes.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#46839 10/05/07 01:06 AM
Kerth
Kerth
The start of a new Saga? laugh

Maybe I missed something, but I'm curious about the title smile

J hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#46840 10/09/07 04:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry, been busy and didn't see this one come up. Will read today and post comments later.

LOL! That would a great place to end the story, but I noticed that pesky '?' after the '2', so I guess that means that we are in for some more fun hyper !!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard