Next Thread
Print Thread
#45318 08/08/07 06:34 PM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Excellent vignette! You've captured the small-town ambience of Middle America with your characterizations of the judge and the sheriff. And I loved their discussion at the end about the couple who rented the car and "vanished into thin air." It helps feed the unspoken thought that more people in Smallville know about Clark's "special qualities" than are willing to talk about it, at least with outsiders.

Great job, Dandello. You still have the touch.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#45319 08/08/07 11:31 PM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
This was wonderful, Dandello!

A cherub done in earth-tones.
Lovely. You have a beautiful touch.

“He sure seems to be. He doesn’t like to be left alone, and he really doesn’t like the dark,” Jonathan said.
I've never thought about that - about what, if any, reaction baby Clark would have to his trip to earth, but it gave me a pang to read.

I love that this vignette took the events of "Tempus Fugitive" into account. They certainly make Clark's arrival on earth even stranger than it was already - and that's saying something! smile But it was also fun to read how relatively low-key the reactions of the judge and sheriff were. Yeah, they know something weird happened, but it's Smallville's something weird and therefore nobody else's business. You can almost feel the whole town circling the wagons around this family, just from reading these two people's reactions.

Thanks for an enjoyable read smile

Caroline

#45320 08/09/07 01:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh, Dandello! I really liked this! Very thought provoking little vignette and you handled it very nicely.

I really enjoyed the inclusion of the events in Tempus Fugitive - hee hee.

Thanks for making me think so hard this early in the morning. goofy Great story.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#45321 08/09/07 11:45 AM
Kerth
Kerth
When I wrote my Dr. Who crossover with Captain Jack visiting Smallville I was very tempted to have him get more involved with the whole Tempus mess, but in the end I decided that he'd probably try to minimise the impact of his presence once he knew who the Kents were. This story shows just how complicated things could be if people really started digging into the events surrounding Clark's arrival.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#45322 08/11/07 02:27 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Well thought out. Well rendered. Brava!

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard