Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A few more loose ends are tied off...

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoa. That was unexpected.

Poor Lois, with no air conditioning... I know how she feels; my husband's car was bought in Canada, and it doesn't even have any air to fix. He's been conditioned to drive everywhere with his windows down. Maybe that works in Ontario, but here in North Carolina... but, um, never mind me <g>

I could visualize everything here; great work.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Have I mentioned how much I love stories with well-thought-out A-Plots? Good part, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

BrightFeather

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, I'll bite. What happens next?

Not a lot of instalments left, that means that Katherine has to survive as the prime witness against Luthor. (Wasn't she the one who rolled over on Lex in HoL?) But there is no need for Saxon so I'd say he's toast.

Hopefully our duo can manage to get into a little more trouble before this is through. We wouldn't want things to go too easily for them.

Also, since the point was made for CJ's powers wearing off before everything was settled, that means that has to play a significant role in the big finale. Maybe Lois is gunned down after all, making things come full circle. After all, Lois was supposed to be murdered before Wells decided to meddle in the affairs of this alternate world.

Tank (who hopes Chris has enough parts left to fit all the whams she obviously needs to have before the finish)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved the tweakage, Chris! Absolutely perfect. Thanks for indulging a POVist. smile

Re the Miami Vice thing (and the Addams family here, too laugh although I don't know what Psycho is), I didn't mean to imply there was something wrong! I never saw the show (not movie?) either, but as you say, it sinks into the general consciousness. And LnC is certainly the right age for it. smile

Regarding this section: Oh, my, did I do a double-take when Saxon's "significant other" made her appearance! I didn't recognize her from the description, but that's because (natch wink ) you do such a lovely job of describing OCs that I wasn't trying to match her to anyone I might know. smile

Why was CJ trying to be "discreet" about watching the window, the map, and Lois all at once? Seems like a perfectly natural thing to do.

I really enjoyed the A-plot bits with Saxon's explanations and his carefully documented proof. One little suggestion, though: since it's dialogue, and since Saxon is (as far as I know) American, he would say "review" rather than "revision." Of course, other Murcans might disagree. smile

I'm highly intrigued by the insinuation re what's happening in Arcadia. I can't wait to find out, so give us MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

WOW! Excellent A-plot development! thumbsup

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris
wonderful part
keep this coming quickly
merry

Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Pam: Hey, whaddya know? I managed to write a plot twist! Seriously, hope that was unexpected in a good way and didn't come too far out of left field.

BrightFeather: Thanks for the comment re the A plot! I love knowing that some people go for this kind of stuff! smile

Tank:
Not a lot of instalments left, that means that Katherine has to survive as the prime witness against Luthor. (Wasn't she the one who rolled over on Lex in HoL?) But there is no need for Saxon so I'd say he's toast.
Re Katherine -- probably / possibly. And, yes, the was the one who rolled over on Lex. As for Saxon... Why would I want to tell you who is going to die?

Hopefully our duo can manage to get into a little more trouble before this is through. We wouldn't want things to go too easily for them.
Oh, yeah, they'll get into more trouble.

Also, since the point was made for CJ's powers wearing off before everything was settled, that means that has to play a significant role in the big finale.
Why can't people just accept that CJ hasn't got his powers and that's the end of that plot thread? It's done. Dusted. Finito.

Well, maybe not.

Maybe Lois is gunned down after all, making things come full circle. After all, Lois was supposed to be murdered before Wells decided to meddle in the affairs of this alternate world.
Darn! You mean that I need to run off and rewrite my ending into something different?

Seriously, that would be a fantastic ending, but it isn't the one I've come up with.

Maria: well, you did want to know what had happened to her, didn't you? smile

Hazel: thanks, as ever, for thoughtful insights. H'm. Would CJ be discreet at this stage of the relationship? I'm not sure, now that you've got me thinking about it; I wrote this before they crossed that intimacy threshold. I guess that's what happens when you write things out of order.

Thanks for the heads up on the review / revision thing, too.

Arcadia will have to wait... until at least next time.

Tricia and Merry, thanks for your comments, too.

Chris (who is impressed that you guys have had the stamina to stick with this one for so long. smile )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pam: Hey, whaddya know? I managed to write a plot twist! Seriously, hope that was unexpected in a good way and didn't come too far out of left field.
Oh, it was very cool <g> It makes sense, since they've been looking for her but she's dropped off the face of the earth, and Saxon was involved with Luthor, too, so it's not strange at all that they'd know each other... If she'd shown up as Henderson's long-lost sister or something, that would be weird <g> but in this context it's fine. And I'm impressed that you've actually made her likeable! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Oops, wrong comment folder. I moved it.

Have to say, I like this twist.

I can sympathize with Lois. The only thing our air conditioner here in the house is good for is running up the electric bill, and in Southern California, that's no joke. It was 94 here, yesterday.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard