Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Startled, Superman turned around and found himself face to face with Batman. He was hanging upside down, suspended to a rope that seemed to be tied to a flagpole a few stories overhead.
Hehe. I probably shouldn't have gotten a mental image of the Spider-man/MJ upside down kiss in the rain here... I'm very sure that's not what Batman's after, lol. smile1 Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok this is great so where is the rest of the story did I miss some? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Laura-- The original is located

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007703#000000

there. It's a wonderful read!

Hope that helps.

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Columnist
Columnist
Hopefully Lara will believe the rest of you when you say this is good, because she refuses to believe me! wink

Maybe some feedback will help prove my case...

Startled, Superman turned around and found himself face to face with Batman. He was hanging upside down, suspended to a rope that seemed to be tied to a flagpole a few stories overhead.
Oh the mental images. razz !

Better see more from you soon!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Groan and giggle, Lara!

Have I mentioned to you that I'm not all too fond of galactically stupid Lois? Oh, she is funny, and she makes me giggle a bit, but then... groan. I want to identify with her for heaven's sake!

Okay, and as a comic-book-reading kid, I often loved reading the Superman/Batman crossovers, except in those stories where Batman provided all the brains and Superman provided all, or most of, the brawns! After all, Superman was my hero, I always preferred him over Batman, and when he was made to look so stupid I always felt that I had picked the village idiot.

[Linked Image]

The caption for this image is in German, but even I can read it. It says, "Heroes, too, have bad days." At least if they are stupid.

So I'll always groan at stupid Superman, particularly when when it's Batman who makes his stupididty show! Ah, but... consider this... I may groan, but how can I not giggle, too?

There was no one around when he got there, so he quickly scanned the area in search of his "friend" but as hard as he tried, he just couldn't find him anywhere. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and waited, tapping his foot impatiently.

"What's the emergency?" came a low voice, from behind him.

Oh, the mental image you put in my head! :rolleyes: rotflol

But I can fully sympathize with Angry!Clark, a character I normally don't like, when he picks a fight with Batman. Talk about hubris of the batty kind getting the Kryptonian goat! Sherlock Tarzan Holmes of the caves is setting up a satellite batcave in Metropolis, has the temerity to fool all of Superman's super-senses in the scene I just quoted, and then he makes a move on Superman's girl!!!! Hey, come on, some people!!!

(I can tell you that in the comics, Superman would never have tolerated that Batman had set up a Bat-franchise in Metropolis. The Big Apricot is Superman's turf!)

He was usually rational and considerate - not the type to easily get his red briefs all in a bunch!
Well, I can so understand him! (Insert "bunched red briefs" icon here!)

"At least I don't hide my face like a coward," Superman replied in a similar tone.
Hah! That was one of the things I was always thinking when I was reading comics as a kid - that Superman looked so much nicer than Batman because he showed his face to the world!

And then Batman is bragging about being a man, which Superman apparently isn't! Gaaah! Old Bats is lucky that Superman isn't going to punch him in the face - but I suppose that if he tried, Bats would use some tae kwondo (or something) to make Superman's own strength backfire on him and send him flying? Maybe that's how he landed on his face in the image I just posted here?

Ha, funny deleted scenes, Lara. They so remind me of my days as a comic book-reading kid!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks everyone! goofy
Hopefully Lara will believe the rest of you when you say this is good, because she refuses to believe me!
I believe you! It was the meds talking, the other day... you know? *lol*

You totally killed me with the hip-sway comment and *especially* the "Me super, you bat." - God that was funny!!! smile

No one's better than you, Clark.
Of course not! smile ...would you believe the coincidence: the song that's playing right now on my iTunes is "Nobody Does it Better" - hehehe! laugh I'm sure Lois sings that to Clark a lot. (oh, wait, this is the PG folder, isn't it? ooops!)

Ann! Happy Birthday again! smile
Have I mentioned to you that I'm not all too fond of galactically stupid Lois?
Um... but she's not galactically stupid in this story... she figured it out - she even figured Batman out. Of course, it's not so obvious with just the deleted scenes...

So I'll always groan at stupid Superman, particularly when when it's Batman who makes his stupididty show!
Awwww, hon, Superman isn't stupid... he's just really very jealous. That doesn't make him stupid. At least I don't think so. I think it's sexy -- for *him* anyway! For most guys being jealous is not pretty at all. But Superman... *giggles* I think it's adorable. wink

(I can tell you that in the comics, Superman would never have tolerated that Batman had set up a Bat-franchise in Metropolis. The Big Apricot is Superman's turf!)
*lol* I know, I know! smile But this is Season 2 L&C, so Clarkie is a little bit new at being Superman and he doesn't know better yet. hehehe!

I'm glad I made you laugh, at least a little bit. smile

Thanks for the comments everyone. Love 'ya!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm glad I made you laugh, at least a little bit.
Oh, you certainly did! And I did! And let me tell you... I really have a soft spot in my heart for Superman/Batman stories, ever since my most avid comic-book-reading days. The way I cheered when Superman came out looking smarter or better than Batman in the comics... you should have heard me!

Oh, and Lara? Thanks a billion for those lovely birthday present images you've sent me! The one you sent me in a PM.... droooool!!!! And I loved the image of Superman sort of wrapped up in his cape, too, even though that was not strictly for me... but it was lovely. And as for the kitty with the birthday cake... well, that was among the sweetest things I've seen, Lara!!!! Thanks!!! sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
These were great. I'm actually not sure why you deleted them since the stories read better with them than without them.

(Insert "bunched red briefs" icon here!)
That's one emoticon I'm glad I missed. Sheesh!

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Elizabeth!

They'll be inserted inside the story when I send it to the archive. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard