Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Well, that's given away how much more there is to this story.

Are you happy now, Tank?

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm... can I encourage you to post *again*? smile

I wasn't entirely surprised by the ending -- I'd been expecting something like this, and you did mention that a cliffhanger was upcoming... I am fascinated, though, by the idea of Lois becoming sick at the same time CJ is... I have a theory about that, but I can't wait to see your explanation, 'cause it should be good.

I like Henderson, and the overheard conversation was tantalyzingly vague -- we can do a pretty good job filling in the blanks, but of course, a jury wouldn't see it the same way... And I do want to know what the deal is with Benton.

Oh, and did I mention the part about CJ plunging to his death?!?! eek Get back here and post the next part!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Excellent cliffhanger. The implied threat of a wham connected to it is what makes it work so well.

We could come back next installment (which will be posted sometime tomorrow?) to a really nasty wham that has CJ going splat on the landscape. I don't really envision that happening, but it's still possible to have a nice wham with CJ just injuring himself to the point where he can't make it back right away and it causes Lois a lot of worry.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what happens (maybe twenty four hours?).

I, too, like your Henderson. He fits well with the image I have of him. I was surprized at how well-behaved Lois was at the stakeout, but I guess there really wasn't much for her to do there. I can understand her frustration at not 'having enough proof' to arrest Lex.

I wonder; did you have Barbie Benton, the ex-playmate, centerfold, squeeze toy of Hugh Hefner, in mind for your Barbara Benton?

Tank (who wonders what will happen to Lois now that she is on Lex's 'to do' list but no longer has the protection of a Superman)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help We need a solar lamp.

mad Be nice and come back here to post, is not nice to leave us hanging like that.

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh no! I was wondering when his powers were going to start to give out. I should have expected that it would go something like that!

I can't even begin to figure out why Lois is sick too? confused

Poor CJ..hope he doesn't get amnesia or something! frown

Please post more soon!
~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chris

An excellent part! smile1

It's very intriguing that Lois is feeling sick at the same time CJ is losing his powers. I can't wait to find out the explanation. dizzy

And yikes, poor CJ! shock
Please post the next part ASAP.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chris,
This was great!

I was expecting CJ's powers to fade, and I even half expected it to happen while he is in Bolivia but your description of his flight and struggle to stay air-born was breath taking! thumbsup

I think I share Pam's theory about Lois becoming sick at the same time as CJ and Like Pam I look forward to your explanation.

I like the way Lois and CJ close in on Luthor from different angles, though I must admit, I'm a little worried about both Lois and Saxon now that Lex has added them to his "to do' list. eek

The "to do' list part was absolutely brilliant – it's such genius way to display Lex's approach to "business'. notworthy

Can we get you to post the next part today? What will it take?

Avia (adding "bribing Chris to post next part NOW' to her own "to do' list laugh )

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AIEEE!!! eek help

Okay, now that that's out of the way...

I didn't pick up on the powers-fading thingy until Clark had begun his journey back, but then I was biting my lip and sending mental vibes of "go, go, go!" all the way back to the coast. Lois' reactions to CJ's desperate struggle reminded me very much of HIWTHI (which, of course, I haven't seen yet, so I'm going by second-hand accounts wink ). Can't wait to see the explanation you come up with!

Love, love Henderson!
"What can I say? Some people take bribes. I dabble in stocks. We've all got to make ends meet somehow."
I can just picture the laconic drawl and sardonic twist of the lips. Have I mentioned in passing, once or twice, how much I enjoy the way you flesh out secondary characters? goofy

Is Carnes really Mrs. Cox, but before marriage? I remember LnCJ researched her, but I don't remember the results of their search.

Great Lex lines. Great Lois lines. Great section all round, I think. smile Add me to those who want MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris,
I'm with the others here
great part
and I hate cliffhangers
more soon please
merry

Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks again for the comments. Sorry to make you wait for a whole forty-eight hours for the next part!

Pam: sorry that you'd been expecting something along these lines... but I suppose it was fairly predictable. I mean, CJ losing his powers as he walks down the street just wouldn't have the same impact, would it? wink
I am fascinated, though, by the idea of Lois becoming sick at the same time CJ is... I have a theory about that, but I can't wait to see your explanation, 'cause it should be good.
And I'm intrigued to know what your theory is. That goes for Avia, too.

BTW, Hazel, glad you picked up on the idea of HIWTHI (even if it did take me quite a while to work the abbreviation!). I certainly had it in mind when I wrote this.

Pam: glad you continue to like Henderson. You still haven't seen the last of him. Yet.

Tank: glad you approved of the cliff-hanger.

We could come back next installment ... ti a really nasty wham that has CJ going splat on the landscape.
That would have been my Tank Ending, had I been inclined to write one.

I wonder; did you have Barbie Benton, the ex-playmate, centerfold, squeeze toy of Hugh Hefner, in mind for your Barbara Benton?
No. I didn't even know that there was an ex-playmate called Barbie Benton. Now you've got me wondering if I should change her name!

(who wonders what will happen to Lois now that she is on Lex's 'to do' list but no longer has the protection of a Superman)
You'll have to carry on reading to find out.

Maria:
They should talk to Mr. Pagliano, explain how his wife will set him up for money. Set everything up to record the interview.
Could be...

Oh, and there are no solar lamps in this fic. That's all I'll say on the subject.

Liz:
Oh no! I was wondering when his powers were going to start to give out. I should have expected that it would go something like that!
You mean you didn't? Oh, good. I managed to surprise someone. Heh, heh, heh.

And, no, CJ doesn't get amnesia. Well, not really.

Hazel: thank you, thank you, thank you. laugh

Is Carnes really Mrs. Cox, but before marriage? I remember LnCJ researched her, but I don't remember the results of their search.
No, Carnes isn't Mrs Cox.

In 'our' world, Monique Kahn (Monica Carnes in this story) appeared in the episode Neverending Battle, where she came across as a rather blood-thirsty employee of Luthor.

Mrs Cox was in the Barbarians at the Planet and House of Luthor episodes.

In CJ's world, Mrs Cox (along with Jules Johnson, who they have subsequently managed to find) vanished a while ago. CJ and Lois tracked her so far, but don't know where she is now, or even if she is alive.

Merry:
and I hate cliffhangers
Sorry. No cliff-hangers in part 23, but I can't promise that there won't be any more.

Tricia, Avia thanks for commenting too.

Chris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard