Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
ccmalo Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Serves me right because I haven't been following this story - being one of those people who likes to have a story complete before I read it. smile And I also need to know Lois is okay at the end of a story and with Clark Kent. (yeah - I know, what can I say.)

Now I've been a DJ fan and so when I saw that this was the last part, I eagerly checked it out. A new Lois and Clark story to look forward to.

But, this turned out to be a deathfic.

Lois was gone. Everything was gone.
c.

Last edited by LabRat; 05/09/14 11:09 AM.
#41804 04/11/07 05:46 AM
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
huh? mad

--
Jeff
#41805 04/11/07 05:49 AM
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Hateful hateful end. I was having a lousy day, and now I'm bawling my eyes out. I'm going to be terrified to read anything by you again. You definitely should have posted a warning!!!!

Other than these miserable feelings caused by the end, I can't deny it was an exciting powerful story -- that's why I'm so upset.

You guys are cruel.

#41806 04/11/07 05:53 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
grovel
BJ

#41807 04/11/07 05:56 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Umm, you are coming back to finish this for real right? laugh I know you two love angst and all but come on! You can't just leave us hanging like that.

I'm waiting... smile1

wildguy

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#41808 04/11/07 05:56 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ummm... I think I liked the movie better.

Good to see you finish this, though! We haven't seen too much of you on the boards lately, and I'm really glad to see you back. You know I threatened to take back the chocolate eggs I gave you if you didn't give us a happy ending here? Well, you ate the eggs already, didn't you? That's okay, DJ. Have some more chocolate!

[Linked Image]

And welcome back with more LnC fics! I'd love to read some slightly WAFFier ones... but as long as your stories aren't really deathfics (and this one didn't seem that way to me) I'd be glad to see you post almost any new fic! smile

Ann

#41809 04/11/07 05:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
peep .................. I was going to try to hold out longer... but I just can't... I really am not THAT mean.

So....

Not done yet - psych!

WAIT!

No seriously, WAIT! Look at "the end"!!!! It has "ellipses" ..... -- did you not see the ellipses!? That was supposed to clue you in that it wasn't really the end!

That and the fact that I didn't do my normal author's notes at the end and the "thank yous"...

<sigh> I'm so mean, I know. I have never written a tank ending before and so I wanted to try my hand at it... but without REALLY writing a true tank ending...

So what I did is pretended to write a tank ending by saying there was only 23 parts when there is actually 24.

There is one more part left!!! I promise. It has been written all along. It is actually in Sue's capable hands right now, as we speak, getting a beta. <g> Fear not gentle readers! Don't kill me yet (or you won't get a chance to read it)....

DJ - <who runs away before they can catch her...>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#41810 04/11/07 05:57 AM
Kerth
Kerth
You saw how it said "The End" and then had ellipses, right? It's not really over. Not really.

And that's all I'm gonna say before DJ flays me alive.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#41811 04/11/07 06:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Sue! Could you tell I went into panic mode? Serves me right for being so mean, I suppose.

As penance I won't wait a whole week before posting the real ending. Sue is working on it as we speak. It will be up in the next couple of days. <g>

Thank you all so much for reading! And I'm sorry I scared you! <DJ smacks herself - bad, DJ, bad>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#41812 04/11/07 06:04 AM
ccmalo Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I thought that "part 23/23" and "The End" meant , well, the end.

edit: just noticed that you changed the ending, DJ, to read:
"The End.... Not"

c.

#41813 04/11/07 06:38 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
errr... I was about to start yelling 'weeee', seeing that you'd posted the end of this but I've sort of read some of the comments and now I'm afraid of reading what you gave us...

Be back later to comment

Cris
#41814 04/11/07 06:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dang... I was all depressed and just about crying my eyes out (over something that's so childish I should be ashamed of myself...) and here I see you posted this and my heart just *sang* - oh joy, I thought, something to make me feel happy again: he end of the story; when the mystery is solved and Lois & Clark live happily ever after.

Man, I could have used a happily ever after right now...

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#41815 04/11/07 06:42 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay DJ and Sue… Let’s see what you have up your sleeve for us. *cries for poor Lois* Maybe now she will finally have some good things happen to her. smile

And then there was pain. So much pain. It threatened to consume her. And she at once realized that this must be what it felt like to die.
Or you know… you guys can just torture the poor woman some more… I guess that will work too. LOL

“Please, live...”
God… this whole scene… whinging

Lois looked up at him and her eyes widened. She jerked her covers up around her and snaked further down under them. “Who? Who are you?” She squinted through the darkness at Clark. “Where am I?” She searched the room, her head turning in jerky movements.
Nonono, she was supposed to keep her memory. whinging

The End.....NOT!
LOL DJ and Sue, you guys are completely evil! I love it! ^_^ Ignore other people on this. Anyone that knows you guys should know by now that you are not going to leave it this way. Can’t wait! ^_~

(P.S. Next time you might want to use the Tank Ending Warning Thread. I think they are hilarious when you don’t know about them ahead of time but apparently people get very upset about them. Then again... I guess I kinda did expect it so maybe that is why it wasn't so much of a shock.) Although I'm still trying to figure out how people got deathfic out that story?

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#41816 04/11/07 06:52 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The real end had better be good to make up for this... This was... Worse than a TE actually, because in a TE you know what you're getting (things are usually so outrageous that you don't believe them...)

But since this story has been sooo good, I'm going to cut you some slack.

We want Part 24!!! wildguy

Cris
#41817 04/11/07 07:08 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow, I'm really surprised at the anger in this thread! Not once did I believe this was the true ending to the story. I thought it was the last part, obviously, but when I got to the end and Lois freaked out and there wasn't enough of the story left to resolve it, I knew it was just a joke.

No worries, DJ and Sue. With a story like this, I know you guys wouldn't end it so sadly and so abruptly. Even if it had a sad ending, which I would still read without fuss, I feel like you would give us more closure than this had.

As far as your Tank ending went, I think it was pretty successful judging by the reactions! :p But I'm really excited for the real ending. I'm glad this didn't turn out to be the last part. I wanted a lot more Lois and Clark time than what my side scroll bar said there was story left for.

Anyway, DJ, I caught up with this late and I've been horrible with fdk( blush ), but I have loved every single part. And I think you've done beautifully with each characterization. I think Dan's a hard character to write because there's a fine line between being how he was in the show and making him too cocky and annoying. You did wonderfully, and I don't dislike him too terribly, so good job! thumbsup

Can't wait for the last part!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
#41818 04/11/07 07:27 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow, I'm really surprised at the anger in this thread! Not once did I believe this was the true ending to the story. I thought it was the last part, obviously, but when I got to the end and Lois freaked out and there wasn't enough of the story left to resolve it, I knew it was just a joke.
Same here. Can't wait for the REAL last part. wink

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#41819 04/11/07 07:31 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally quoted by Kristen
Wow, I'm really surprised at the anger in this thread!
Let me just say that I wasn't angry, more surprised at the abrupt ending. OK, I must admit I was disappointed that I didn't get more smoochies and was still hopeful that DJ and Sue were joking.

I'm happy to see that we'll get a bit more closure on all the loose ends (Doc Klein, Mandy, Mindy, Call-me-Daniel, and the lonely stairwell in Lois's building wink ).

DJ, no worries. As a Tank Ending, it was fantastic. thumbsup
BJ

#41820 04/11/07 07:45 AM
ccmalo Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I wasn't angry, either - just really upset. Surprised, too, I guess. I've always I've enjoyed DJ's fics so much.

Jo Jo wrote:
Although I'm still trying to figure out how people got deathfic out that story?
So many clues at the end pointed in that direction - the mention of the pain, the medical peripherals, the sentence "Lois was gone", and of course, the words "The End". I read this before the "Not" was attached to that phrase, though. smile Hope that explains.

c.

#41821 04/11/07 08:03 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I read this after the NOT was added, but I didn't get deathfic from it at all. Just that Lois was without all her post Clark memories and that they were going to have to write and ENTIRE SEQUEL not just one more part... A story ending cliffhanger instead of a part ending one...

I am looking forward to the end smile .
Carol

#41822 04/11/07 08:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oooh... I'm not angry either... did I come off looking angry? I'm sorry... I didn't mean the pointy stick mean to have angry faces...

frown

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard