Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wonderful part!

Why wasn’t she calling for him?

He stretched out with his hearing, as far as he could push it - hoping to hear something – a heartbeat, a breath - anything. No matter how far away they had taken her, it couldn’t be far enough that he wouldn’t hear her.

But there was nothing.

Why couldn’t he hear her?
frown frown frown

“To make *sure*...? You mean you’re responsible for my memory loss?”
hyper

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I haven't had the time to actually read this part, but I didn't leave any comments on part 20, so this is sort of a way to make me come back later and leave some actual FDK (but, judging by what I have seen... no b-plot... ts ts ts... :p )

Back later!

Cris
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Ahhhh! Well this didn't make me feel better at all. wink Great part!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Columnist
Columnist
thumbsup Great part!

I'm on the edge of my seat! Come back soon and fix all of this!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh! You posted!! laugh

Clark took the stairs at Lois’s building two at a time, without waiting for Henderson. He couldn’t explain it but he just had this feeling...
Yeah, and I have this feeling that you're not going to find her there. I wonder how I know... wink *lol*

Clark could hear Henderson huffing as he came around the corner behind him and Clark turned to face him. “Geez, Kent. I need to have you give lessons to some of the donut-eaters down at the...”
ROFL!!! Even if he did, it would do them no good. Love that you put this in there, the irony is just too much fun.

She was in trouble. “Supe...”
Oh!!!! Couldn't you have let her finish that sentence? *lol* You mean queens of evil, you! wink

Because DJ & Sue have put her in mortal danger, that's why. wink ....and we're all sitting here on the edge of our seats, biting out finger nails to the bone, hoping Clark finds her!!

Because DJ & Sue.... ah, you get the idea. *lol*

For all he knew, she could already be dead.
Nahhh! Relax, they're evil, but not THAT evil. smile1

“I said I want out,” the older-looking man said angrily.
Bill Church, is it? I'm all confused by these men with no names. smirk

“Oh, no, Ms. Lane. Superman is the last person I want here. In fact, we’re a little over forty feet below ground down here... and we have sound-proofing in place – I doubt even the Man of Steel could hear you scream.”
grumble splat

No, I’m quite sure the journal won’t contain anything of use to me.
Lucky he doesn't think so, 'cause I think the journal states that Clark is Superman, doesn't it? Eh. Sometimes criminals are just too stupid for their own good! wink

Clark winced. Not the person he wanted to see right now.
Yeah... I could have done without Dan for the rest of this story as well. *lol*

AH! You girls better get back and get Lois out of there!! A-plot is nice, don't get me wrong - I *love* a good A-plot, but enough is enough already! Save her! And get her back with Clark. Nooooow!!! *lol*

Great part, btw. smile I know I haven't said so, but I did think so. smile (now get back and fix this!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
ARGH!!! We need the rest!!!!!!!!

Maybe Lois can get her memories and keep them? And they won't force them out of her? How'd they'd get the stuff from StarLabs? The guy who can look like anyone else?

More? Soon?
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good job. Don't leave her there too long. I will be happy if she gets her memories back. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You're gonna resolve this in two parts? /me squints suspiciously at DJ... I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Great job laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great chapter, DJ. Lots of good a-plot stuff. I knew Dr. Petersen was in on it. razz

Loved the bit when Clark tells Henderson what to do. Who can argue with Superman?

He needed help. Clark changed direction and headed for the police precinct. He needed to tell Henderson what had happened and find out if Dr. Klein knew Dr. Peterson.
Yay! Dr. Klein to the rescue. thumbsup
BJ

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I think what the gentle readers are forgetting is that if Lois gets all her memories back, it might not be that great for Clark.

All his stupid lunkhead actions of the recent past are going to be remembered, and I imagine, not too fondly by Lois.

Fun story, post more... soon.

Tank (who is thinking that Clark may not be too quick to save Lois if he finds out she has regained her memory)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because DJ & Sue have put her in mortal danger, that's why. ....and we're all sitting here on the edge of our seats, biting out finger nails to the bone, hoping Clark finds her!!

quote:

Because DJ & Sue.... ah, you get the idea. *lol*

quote:
For all he knew, she could already be dead.

Nahhh! Relax, they're evil, but not THAT evil. smile1
What can I add after Lara pointed this out? Well, I guess I can agree with Tank, too:

I think what the gentle readers are forgetting is that if Lois gets all her memories back, it might not be that great for Clark.

All his stupid lunkhead actions of the recent past are going to be remembered, and I imagine, not too fondly by Lois.
Yes, all those lunkheaded things will be remembered by Lois, and not too fondly, I suppose. But when Lois gives the whole thing a little more thought, she will no doubt see that her good memories of Clark definitely outnumber the bad ones. Scardino, Lois? I don't think so.

Like everybody pointed out, very good a-plot. Personally, I thought it was interesting that Dr. Peterson didn't want to help kill Lois, at least. Maybe he can redeem himself somewhat before it's too late.

Okay, do your worst in part 22 so you can bring on the warm fuzzies in part 23! (23? 23? Isn't there a new movie with Jim Carrey which says that the number 23 is the mother of all conspiracies and curses? shock )

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my goodness! You certainly know how to keep an audience at the edge of their seats. I can't decide if I'm more excited for A plot or B plot... and that's a big deal. I'm a pretty strong B-plot shipper. wink Loved this chapter, can't wait for the next!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Back as promised!

well, it was definitely all A-Plot, though it's really a good one, so I'll forgive you :p Plus, seeing that you intend to solve this whole mess in just two more parts... I guess I can wait wink

And aswering to those who think Lois might give Clark a hard time... Well, if she remembers EVERYTHING then she'll remember forgiving Clark and accepting the proposal. Put it together with the way he's been there for her... I mean, I don't think she should be too hard on him. DJ, you can prove me wrong any time you want, posting a new part (and the sooner, the better laugh )

So... when do we get part 22?

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi Babsi! Her journal? Well, remember, when she thought she heard someone climbing up her fire escape, she shoved it under the cushion of her loveseat. <g> So maybe it's still there... Thank you for the fdk! Glad you're so anxious for the next part. <g>

Hi Cristina! I'm so glad you're back and I see you've posted more fdk later, so I'll just say thank you and address your comments when I get to them. <g>

Hi Jackie! Sorry it didn't make you feel any better... the next part probably won't either. Eeek! But thanks for the fdk Jackie! <DJ ducks and runs away...>

Hi Symbolic. Thanks! Glad you're on the edge of your seat. smile

Hi Lara! I'm glad you enjoyed the donut-eaters thing with Henderson. <g> Glad I'm not the only one who smiled. smile Biting your nails to the bone? Ouch! Hope those heal up in time for the next part. goofy

Nahhh! Relax, they're evil, but not THAT evil. [Smiley]
We're not??? <g>

Oh no, We've lost our avid A-plot follower. smile You're gonna have to hang on through one more a-plot intensive part. <g> Thanks for the fdk Lara!

Hi Carolm! LOL - the rest? Well, most of it has been written, but it's still being tweaked. <g> Not sure how long it will be before the next part, but thank you for the fdk!

Hi Laura! Thanks for the fdk. We'll try not to leave her hanging there too long. goofy

Hi BJ! Thanks so much. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yes, who can argue with Superman? <g> Hmmm, yes, Mindy, she's an interesting character, isn't she? Hmmm, I don't know about Dr. Klein and his critical piece of info though... guess you'll have to wait and see... <g>

Hi Tank! True, there are all those nasty memories that Lois doesn't remember right now... but there are also all those lovely memories from the past couple of days - not to mention Clark begging her and proposing to her... Hmmm... I'm so glad you're enjoying it. And I totally snorted when I read the tag after your name. Clark really would be in trouble then. <g> Thanks Tank!

Hi Ann! Yes, she will probably remember the lunkheaded things... but she will remember all the good things too... I think. <DJ almost faints> Ann! "Good a-plot"? Woo-hoo! What a compliment coming from such an avid b-plotter. <g> Thanks. Okay, you just gave me blanket permission to do my worse in part 22... and yes, I'm afraid there is a little "worse" to come. <g> Ooooh, and how interesting that you point out a conspiracy theory about the number 23. goofy Thanks for the fdk, Ann!!!

Hi Laura S! I'm so glad we've got you on the edge of your seat! Ooooh, you are equally excited for both the a and b plots? <DJ does happy dance> Yes, I feel that's quite an accomplishment. Thank you and thanks for that fdk!

Hi Cristina! You came back! Oh, whew, glad we're forgiven. smile I love what you posted - reminding everyone that Lois would remember "EVERYTHING" not just what she had previously lost, but everything that's happened the past week. That is so very true... so I won't prove you wrong... for now anyway... goofy

I'm not sure when part 22 is coming - thanks to everyone though for asking about it and letting us know how much you want to see it. Yay! Thanks again so much to everyone for all the fdk and comments!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
she shoved it under the cushion of her loveseat. <g> So maybe it's still there...
damn yellow pills....
rotflol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh no, We've lost our avid A-plot follower.
You haven't lost me. I'm still here. smile I'll always be right here in my little window, waiting for more!

I love that - even without knowing it - there's a really silly pun in that description of me. You see... I work for a company that is called Avid.

hehehe! ...and I love silly puns. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This one heck of an A-plot. It is so clever! And full of tension, too - my stomach is tied up in knots. I'm looking forward to seeing how Lois gets out of this one.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Because I haven't done this enough for this story. Here is a real bona fide review ladies. I also noticed that you both have put out little one shots that I need to check out as well. I'm gonna get to those tonight hopefully as well. smile

Clark turned around and shook his head – he needed to get to Lois fast and Henderson would only slow him down.
I was wondering how he was gonna get out of this one. Great job on getting him out of this one. You could really give Clark some pointers on excuses. Cheese of the month... pfft.

Clark realized he was speaking to Henderson in almost his Superman voice – but he didn’t care. He had to get Henderson to listen to him.
smile
Ah but I wonder if Henderson noticed. Probably not. I don't think that I would notice it. I'm a bit dense that way though.

“What? Do you think you own the road? Probably some rich doctor’s wife too busy talking on her cell phone to bother with pedestrians.”
Someone has the same pet peeve as I do. Did you know a girl ran over some man and killed him because she was to busy trying to download a ring tone and not paying attention to the road? I believe she got off on the charges to and only got a fine for an illegal lane change. Drives me nuts!!

Because this wasn’t about him. This wasn’t about using her to get to Superman. They weren’t trying to make her yell out for Superman to lure him into some kind of trap. They already had what they wanted.
Yes! He realizes that Lois is gonna be in danger just because she is Lois! She is always going to get herself in to crazy situations regardless of the circumstances.

“Oh, no, Ms. Lane. Superman is the last person I want here. In fact, we’re a little over forty feet below ground down here... and we have sound-proofing in place – I doubt even the Man of Steel could hear you scream.”
EEP!! I would accuse you guys of trying to make us have a heart attack but I know you guys fix your toys. At least you better. * Hands you some crazy glue * I have a feeling though.. Lois may get herself out of this one. What better way to prove to Clark that she will be okay?

“Apparently you hid the actual notes somewhere... probably along with that journal Dr. Peterson told me you’ve been keeping.”
Oh you are a smart one Lois. So they don't have the notes or the journal. Considering everything it has in it... this is a very good thing!

The doctor paused and looked over at Knox. “You realize this is the last of the vial we *obtained* from STAR Labs? We won’t have any more until we can get those notes.”
Tee hee! And if they can't get the notes they can't get more and get rid of her memory again! Wooo!

“No, he’s right,” Knox interjected. “Once we inject you with this and say the fail-safe code word, your memories will return.”
Wooooo!!! party PART-AY! party Exactly what I have been waiting for since the very beginning. smile

Great chapter! I can't wait for more. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Babsi! Flush those things down the toilet. I'm telling you - they are bad! <g>

Oh good, Lara, because you are stuck with the a-plot for a little while longer. <g> And that is so funny about the "Avid" thing. I knew that was the name of your company (I remember you mentioning it before) but, alas, I am not that funny... I didn't remember that when I typed that line. LOL.

Hi Lisa! Sorry to have your stomach all tied up in knots... well... sort of. wink Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Jojo! Oooooh a "bona fide" review! Don't you know I love your fdk - no matter how big or small it is? But I will definitely, definitely take the big... I'll wrap it up in a warm blanket and snuggle with it tonight. <g> Heh.

Yeah, I'm a bit dense that way myself... maybe not galactically stupid, but dense... a little. <g>

Yes, I do have the same pet peeve as you. <g> And I have almost been run over before by someone who was talking on their cell phone <grumble, grumble> I could just see Lois saying something like that...

We fix our toys... <sigh> Yes I supposed we do. <g> One of these days perhaps I shouldn't fix the toys, just to keep you guessing. <g> Nah - surely I'm not that evil... *Hands crazy glue back - I've got SUPER glue <snort>*

So glad you enjoyed this part Jojo! I hope you enjoy the next one as well... part of it is what you've been waiting for. <g>

Thanks again everyone! Not sure when part 22 will be up, but it's close!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois started to walk around the car when the back door was harshly flung open. A middle-aged man stepped out of the car, his face was eerily void of emotion. “Ms. Lane. Could I persuade you to join me? You have something that belongs to me.”
No!!!

She started to turn around when she felt a sharp pain in her arm and then her eyes seemed to lose focus and her vision began to swim. “What do you... think you’re...” Lois stumbled forward and braced herself against the car with one hand. She was in trouble. “Supe...”
No, no, no, no, no!!

They must still need her for something – or she still had something that they wanted.
What does she have? The notes that she put in her journal?

“Cute,” the man with the dark hair continued, “But we aren’t strangers, Ms. Lane. This is Dr. Peterson. I believe you know him quite well, actually.”
Wicked doctor.

I would have had the bumbling idiot that my employer sent to your apartment last night do it.”
Who is the employer? The plot thickens.

Nice part, DJ and Sue.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard