Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40138 03/09/07 10:38 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Yay! [Linked Image] smile1

Well, I'm getting my exercise in today. Lots of happy dancing when I saw it was posted, and even more when I read the note at the bottom!

A honey colored capsule.
Dun dun dun... I had a funny feeling about that doctor. grumble

Clark sighed softly and wrapped his arms around her, letting his chin rest on her shoulder. His body was tight and tense but as her body came in contact with his, she could feel him begin to relax. “It was bad... all those people...” his voice wasn’t much above a whisper. His arms tightened their hold on her and she reached up with one hand to stroke the back of his head.
I love Lois comforting him after a bad rescue. Poor Clark sees so much bad but still manages to keep that wonderful innocent, optimistic quality that makes him so endearing.

“Shhh.” She pressed her lips to the back of his neck and kissed him softly. She then began moving her lips down his back, kissing each vertebrae as she moved lower. She delighted in the way his body reacted. He shivered slightly at the press of her lips to his skin and arched into the touch of her hands.
Oh, that whole scene had me completely melted. So sweet and touching, but incredably sensual. Yum! I think Sue gave us all a back fetish with Proof, and this just makes it worse. laugh

She wouldn’t disturb his shower.
Ah, come on, go for it. wink

Clark enclosed her body in his arms and ran one hand up her back and into her hair. “Thank you, Lois. You have no idea how it feels to have someone to come home to.”

His words brought tears to her eyes. He needed this, he needed her, more than she had ever realized. How many nights had he had to deal with some tragedy only to go home to an empty apartment and a cold bed?

She knew he had his parents – but somehow she doubted that he went home to Kansas every time he had a tough night. He just swallowed his feelings and found a way to move on – to wake up the next day and start over.
mecry I love this.

Lois wasn’t sure exactly what had awakened her from her dream, but something had.
Arg, a dream?! I had a feeling it might be at the beginning, but then I got completely lost in it and forgot to be suspicious. *Sigh* I wish my dreams were that good.

He had tried that little stunt once before, only to have met an uncomfortable fate at the end of her plunger.
*Giggle*

She felt a sharp pain in her arm and then everything went black.
No no no no no no no. Evil! Not that I should be surprised, but Evil Evil Evil!!

More soon please!
Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Your evil<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
A honey colored capsule.
<gasp>

What a lovely dream. I'm looking foward to the foray into the n-side. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved how Lois fought against her amnesia by struggling to stay awake. I loved how she figured out that there was something wrong with the medicine she was made to take. I loved how Clark's endearment for her, "honey", was what made her start thinking about her own medicine. grumble

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But now her hand was cramping and her eyes were tired.
Just a thought... I know the journal is handwritten, but wouldn’t she have been able to type faster? Of course sometimes using a computer for typing when this story was set wasn’t always worth it...

“Ask me again later... it’s not important right now.” She attempted to pull him into another kiss, but he resisted.
Yes, it is!!!!!

Lois wasn’t sure exactly what had awakened her from her dream,
Figures... You minxes.

Somehow I just knew there was going to be a break-in.

I loved how she figured out that there was something wrong with the medicine she was made to take. I loved how Clark's endearment for her, "honey", was what made her start thinking about her own medicine.
And, oh, gadfries, I wondered if this was ever going to come out! I've been such a good girl and kept my mouth shut, DJ (and Sue). But, man, has it been hard knowing this all along...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
*That* was a dream??! razz but a nice dream.

The "honey" was a stroke of genius thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! Finally! Chapter 18! drool

Nfic! Nfic! rotflol

Eagerly keeping a hawk eye trained on the nfic folder,

Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
OMG!! First Lois is being drugged? Then that HOT scene with the washing and after his shower. Ahhh and it's a dream! And now the guy with the ski mask?! Pure evil genius. laugh

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
oops double post

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good morning everyone! <g>

Hi Jessi! I love the little flipping guy - too cute! Yes, several people weren't sure about that doctor. <g> Glad you enjoyed the scene with his back and her kissing it. It was a combined effort between Sue and I and I thought it turned out nice.

Sue kept wanting her to "go for it" too. <g> And yes, it was a dream. Glad we were able to get you caught up in it.

Ooops! Here comes the "evils" again. <g> Thanks for all that fdk Jessi!

Hi Laura! Thanks for the fdk! More "evil". <g>

Hi Lisa! Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the dream. Yes, there's just a tad bit more on the n-side later tonight. Nothing earth shattering, but Sue liked it and then she played with it and made it better and so we decided to post it over on the n-side.

Hi Ann! I had planned the "honey" thing all along. If you go back to the beginning chapters where Dr. Klein was first talking with them and working in his lab, he swirled a "honey colored" liquid around in a beaker. And I also wanted to have Clark call Lois honey (I just love that - mmmmm) and sweet little Sue improved upon what I had done and really helped me tie the two together. Glad you liked it.

Well, I don't know about a scene that's *not* a dream - but how about an extended dream? <g>

Thanks for the fdk Ann!

Hi Nancy! She probably would have been able to type faster, but this was about her "convincing" herself that what she was being told by what she was reading was the "truth". If she just woke up to a typewritten page - it would be far less personable and believable. That's why in the last chapter when she tells Clark he could write everything down a lot faster, he asks her if she would "believe it" though. smile

Yes, poor little Nancy - you'd had to be quiet for a long time about knowing about Nirvana and that Lois was taking it. I had asked you those medical questions way back before I started writing this. laugh Thanks for keeping the secret. <g> And thanks for the fdk!

Hi AnKS! Yes, it was a dream. Hee hee. Thanks for the stroke of genius comment - Sue definitely helped with that. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Hasini! Yes, I didn't think under the circumstances that Lois would think it was worth the risk. WOW! Hasini! That's quite a bit of paranoia you've got going on there. <g> Although, if Lois's apartment *has* been bugged, they've got a lot more to worry about than you would think. Think about some of the conversations Lois and Clark have had in there over the past couple of days. Eeeek! Let's hope the apartment isn't bugged and you are just being paranoid. <g>

Thank you! (On how real the dream felt) I'm glad we were able to fool you a little. <g> I thought if anything would give away the fact that it was a dream, it would be that she didn't tell him about Nirvana right off - we don't always do rationale things in our dreams. <g>

Your libido went into overdrive and your brain short circuited over that small part of the dream? Hee hee - yay! But maybe you shouldn't read the extension of the dream then... like I said above, it's not Earthshattering or anything, but it is definitely... um... more. <g>

laugh I'm glad you enjoyed the part about Lois hiding her journal. I think it is very important to her, and for a lot of different reasons. She has tried to be careful about what she writes in it - but is there still a chance that someone could put two and two together and figure out that Clark is Superman?

There's that paranoia again... you really do think someone was listening to her phone call, don't you... hmmm... I'll never tell - or actually I guess I will, in another chapter or two. <g>

I LOVE you jumping to conclusions. Too fun!

Well don't get your hopes too high for the nfic part. <g> I do hope you enjoy and I just decided the story didn't *have* to have the "n" part I had written, but Sue and I liked it so much and then she went and improved upon it... and it did make a nice little addition... So rather than "PGify" it, we thought we'd just post it as a little addition. Hope you like it. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Jackie! Thanks so much for the fdk! So glad you're enjoying it. Pure evil genius, huh? Thanks. laugh

Thank you everyone! The comments were wonderful! I snuck in these replies real quick - but now I've gotta be going... so I'll see you back here tonight on the "n" side. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Too tired to leave good fdbk, but I wanted to say I enjoyed this part. I suppose I'm a little naive, but I didn't see the bad guy coming. Clark is so going to freak when he gets back.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhh! I'm so glad I can sit down and enjoy this now. *YAY*

Commenting as I read...

Her initial thought had been right. It was worth it – he was worth it.
Oh, hell yeah! *dreamy sigh*

A honey colored capsule.
Oh... crap! Those aren't for memory loss are they? He's feeding her the Nirvana drug? Grrrr!!!!

“Where are you going?” he asked, his voice sounding almost like he was begging her not to leave him.
awww! a PleaseDontLeaveMe!Clark - more than enough to melt a girl into a puddle of goo!

Oh it would come off eventually, but something about that just spoke of the things that Superman... that Clark had to carry with him on a daily basis. And yet he managed to smile that beautiful smile of his and tease her playfully at just the right time, to lift her spirits.
Insert several *dreamy sighs* right here. He's just so... *dreamy sigh* - that's about as much as I can say to explain it. Dang... Makes me wish Krypton hadn't exploded. He might have had a cousin or something... *g* To me that little paragraph says it so well - just how amazing this man is. Just totally, absolutely... out of this world, really.

Clark was standing there with a towel wrapped around his waist; his skin glistening with the moisture he hadn’t completely toweled off. A few locks of hair hung loosely over his forehead and Lois couldn’t remember a time when he had looked more delicious.
Oh, God yeah, he must have looked delicious! And it's really hard to not make a pun here, cause it wouldn't be very PG... It's still floating around in my head, though. Oh yeah. Makes me want to go back and read an nfic I wrote... if you get my point... *lol*

Clark enclosed her body in his arms and ran one hand up her back and into her hair. “Thank you, Lois. You have no idea how it feels to have someone to come home to.”
awww! some serious waffy sighs going on over here!!

Lois wasn’t sure exactly what had awakened her from her dream, but something had. And when she opened her eyes and realized it had only been a dream, she grieved the loss of it. Having Clark in a dream was better than not having him at all – and from the looks of things, he still wasn’t back yet.
Noooooooooo! It was just a dream??? Ooooh, that is so evil! Dang it!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh! And that cliffhanger? Oh, you are so killing me!!! Come back quick or I will so send you an army of pointy stick men!

I loved this part - couldn't leave that many silly comments, cause I wasn't thinking of any while I read it. Eh. I loved the a-plot related part and the dream sequence. awwww! smile Wonderful!

Running over to see the nfic interlude that I saw you posted. hehe! Weeeee!!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey! I'm about to leave on vacation, which means I should NOT be sitting here typing this, but I just wanted to let you know that I read this entire story last night and I loved it! You write brilliantly and the storyline is great. Looking forward to the next part!

Laura smile1

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy Cow, somehow D8a has missed the last two parts of your fic, DJ! Maybe I've been working him too hard.

Looks like I get to read the highlights to him as he slaves away at his computer.

I'll have his comments back to you soon.

D8a's Muse.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh goody! More fdk!

Hi Elisabeth - fdk is fdk, no matter how large or small. I'll take it how I can get it. <g> I'm glad I caught you off guard with the bad guy - that admission made my day. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Lara! PleaseDontLeaveMe!Clark - hee hee, I like that. We'll have to add that to our list of "Clarks" to use. <g> I totally laughed at your next comment with all the "dreamy sighs" - hee hee.

Hah - yes, no delicious puns - go stick those over on the "n" side. <g>

Yes, it was just a dream - but what a dream, huh?

Glad you liked the cliffhanger... err... hated it. <g> That makes my day. I hope to have another one or two good cliffhangers left. <g>

Thanks so much for the fdk, Lara, glad you are still enjoying the a-plot!

Hi Laura S - I hope you are having a fabulous time on vacation and aren't missing us at all. <g> I am totally tripping over the fact that you read all 18 parts in one night. WOW! And I'm so glad you loved it. Thank you for all the compliments. The next part will be coming soon.

Hi James... err... I mean his "muse". Yes, please chain him to that computer of his... He's got work to do. :p I look forward to his comments (P.S. - your signature line totally cracked me up when I read it).

Thanks again everyone! Not sure when part 19 will be up. It's been washed and dried once already and is off for it's waxing now - maybe by Thursday at the latest?

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
I can't believe that this part slipped by my radar! I didn't realize you had posted a new part. Silly me!

The dream was wonderful, so well written in fact, that when I read it over on the nfic side and knew that it was a dream, I got so caught up in it that I forgot!

And what a cliffhanger you left us with! I didn't see that one coming. Come back soon with more, I'm on the edge of my seat.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great part! No Dan Annoying Scardino at sight. Still better. laugh

Her initial thought had been right. It was worth it – he was worth it.
Definitely worth it. wink

In fact, part of her wanted to just stay up all night. Maybe if she never went to sleep she wouldn’t lose her memories?
Poor Lois. This is so sad. She has the most beautiful memories with Clark but she can't keep them. A catnap and everything could be lost. help

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Symbolic! I was waiting for you. <g> I'm glad we got you so wrapped up in the dream that you forgot - hee hee. And the cliffhanger is about to be resolved. I'm getting ready to post part 19 as we speak. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Andreia! Thank you for all that yummy fdk! And I LOVE the icon you used of the devil turning the happy face into another devil - ha ha ha! That is SO funny! See what you've done to me Sue? <snort> I will greatly look forward to your fdk on the "n" side. But thanks so much for all this.

Thanks again everyone! I'm off to post part 19 right now!

-- DJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As always, I am astounded by your work. I too was totally take off guard by the bad guy. (Elisabeth isn't talking to me since I broke the tea cup, no matter how much D8a pleads with her. I have been consigned to using a feather duster on D8a and have been banned from the kitchen.)

Ohh, I see that part 19 is out. I'll, 'need' to read that to D8a and give him the highlights.

D8a's Muse.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard