Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
This was truely wonderful.

laugh

I loved Superman telling Clark how to play poker using his super calculating abilities and then Clark doing the same thing later in the story. rotflol rotflol
As Clark does more and more "super stuff" are they going to become more and more integrated?

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have practically no time at all for feedback, but I want to say that I love how you write the split personality Clark/Superman. And I generally love this story!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved how Superman didn't waste any time and was able to save Lois.. and it made Clark feel better, hehe. thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Originally posted by mervoparkite:
This was truely wonderful.

laugh

I loved Superman telling Clark how to play poker using his super calculating abilities and then Clark doing the same thing later in the story. rotflol rotflol
As Clark does more and more "super stuff" are they going to become more and more integrated?
Well, the idea is that Clark and Superman both have superpowers, except that Superman handles all of the superhero stuff, his personality being tailored to it.

Superman handles the crowds, the criminals, the speeches, etc. except that away from prying eyes Clark can do stuff like open locked doors and cause earthquakes.

Basically, the stuff that Clark can't handle - like Poker smile So I guess the answer is no, they aren't going to become more integrated as a result of Clark doing super stuff.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Superman handles the crowds, the criminals, the speeches, etc. except that away from prying eyes Clark can do stuff like open locked doors and cause earthquakes.
I love how you have completely compartmentalized our favorite Kryptonian from Smallville, so that Clark and Superman really, really are two completely different individuals. What I love most of all is hearing Clark and Superman talk to each other inside Clark's head. You crack me up every time you make it clear that Clark loves Lois, but Superman is totally mystified by this attraction. How perfect! It is in character with what we saw in LnC, and it couldn't be more right when you think of how the Clark-Lois-Superman love triangle has traditionally been described: Clark loves Lois, who loves Superman, who is not interested in Lois. Of course, in the original love triangle, Clark and Superman are the same man - well, they are not the same in your story!

As I've said before, it is possible to read your story in two ways - like a crazy comedy, or as a tragicomical study (more tragic than comical) of how a man finally cracks under the strain of trying to live a highly visible and public double life and trying to keep his two personas totally separate the whole time.

I just love this story.

Ann

V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Hehe, thanks Ann! Yeah, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head - those are pretty much all of the main reasons that I wanted to write a story in which Clark and Superman were really different.

I mean, if you think about it, Clark actions were kind of incomprehensible sometimes even with the show the way it was. I mean, at times it looked like Clark actually believed that he was two different people, lol. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard