Print Thread
#3955 07/01/03 10:05 PM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
LOL!! smile1

Kidnapped is back!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#3956 07/01/03 11:13 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Yvonne,

Great to see that this story is back. smile

Kryptonite radiation is a very plausible reason for Clark's infertility, and the dialogue between Lois and Clark and Dr Klein is a very welcome light relief to the other angsty content.

And you left us with quite a large problem. Hopefully, now that CK has thought of it, Dr Klein will come to the rescue again.

Yours Jenni

#3957 07/02/03 10:21 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm very confused here. Lois and Clark should be jumping for joy. Clark is infertile, that means that they can have se..., er do that yucky stuff, anytime they want and not have to worry about the horror of possibly getting Lois preggers. If I were Lois I'd find a way to coat Clark's underwear with a thin film of kryptonite just to keep things safe. That this much time and consternation has been taken up on such a ridiculous subject is totally beyond me.

Now, as to your little bombshell at the end...

I was wondering when you were going to get around to that. See, it doesn't matter if Lois and Clark should, wrong-headedly, want children. The natural order of things says they are not supposed to have any. CK shouldn't have had any either. His lust for Lois cost her her life. Not a good trade in my opinion.

The answer is now simple, even though many might think this will just complicate things. Someone has to keep, and take care of Jon (a child! :yuck ) and someone gets lucky and gets to be child free. Who gets to be who is really the question.

Tank (who hopes that CK takes Jon home so Lois is freed from the evils of having to deal with a child)

#3958 07/02/03 10:23 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Yvonne

I'm very happy that this story is back dance

But i'm very unhappy about Alt Lois died from carrying Clark's child frown

Looking foward for more

Meni

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
#3959 07/02/03 10:31 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Yvonne,

I love the way you write Dr. Klein -- he is so true to character!

Infertillity due to Kryptonite exposure is really brilliant. It makes total sense that since CK hasn't had as much exposure, he wouldn't be infertile. But I feel so bad for Clark... and Lois!

- Alicia

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#3960 07/02/03 10:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help CK deserve to be happy.
drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#3961 07/02/03 12:26 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
At last! "Kidnapped!" is back!!

Let's have a party dance dance

party party

But all the wait has worth it wink

So, comments:

Great idea - simple, yet intelligent and interesting.

I'm wondering what is going to happen next.

(Don't shoot me, but I believe that CK has to take Jon peep )

.........................Tank, frankly, how old are you? You are thinking like a guy 18-28 old.
(Or maybe 18-48?... Although I want to believe that guys get mature earlier than that)

Anyway,
waiting for more from Yvonne (and soon, if you please!!)

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#3962 07/02/03 01:46 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yvonne,
Glad you are back.
good segment
now let's get Clark fertile
more soon please
merry

#3963 07/02/03 06:40 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yvonne

Yay, I'm happy to see this story back. smile1

I love Lois, Clark and Dr. Klein's conversation. Your characterizations are excellent. mecry I'm glad that Lois comes up with the idea that Kryptonite radiation is causing Clark's infertility. It makes perfect sense.

I can't wait to see what is going to happen next. Will CK tell them how his Lois died? eek

Tricia cool

#3964 07/03/03 04:14 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Anna, I've already passed the half-century mark, but when it comes to children I've remained consistant. I've never liked kids.

Just because my place is more reminscent of a college dorm room rather than a typical suburban home (which I can't afford anyway wink ) doesn't mean I'm not mature.

That I've never 'settled down' or given in to the 'nesting instinct' just means that I've never really grown up. But, maturity, to me, is taking responsibility for ones actions. And that is something I do take very seriously. That is why I would never father a child. A person who doesn't like children should never have children. Seems rather obvious, but, unfortunately too often that is not the case with parents today.

To bring this back to the context of Yvonne's story, and hopefully, not to get too serious here; Yvonne is bringing up some serious issues of child raising here. CK is Jon's biological father, and therefore he has an inherent right to the child. But, it's obvious, even to Jon, that Lois and Clark have been, and probably would continue to be, able to provide a better environment for Jon and his raising. But CK's sense of loss over the death of his Lois has made him fixate on Jon as necessary to his happiness. This is wrong-headed thinking from a logical viewpoint, but that is the crux of dealing with children. Nobody thinks logically, or rationally.

From Lois and Clark's perspective; they knew that the child was not theirs biologically. So the possibility was always there that the real parents might come back. Where does that leave them? If CK's Lois had still been alive, would Lois and Clark even be having any discussions as to whether Jon should belong with his 'true' parents. Of course they would. They have an emotional investment into the child now and thus they are no longer thinking logically either. Add to that the latest complication. That Lois would run a life-threatening risk if she were to carry a Kryptonian child makes things much more emotional from their standpoint. Even if Clark were to regain his 'fertility' to even think of impregnating Lois would be criminal.

So, you have this impasse. Lois and Clark (unless we have some deus ex machina via Dr. Klein) should not be able to have their own child. So this means that they will want to keep Jon, and will find ways to reinforce that position. The main argument being, that CK as an unemployed, single, super-hero, parent is not in a position to properly care for the child. On the other hand, CK has developed an emotional dependance on the child. Jon is probably more responsible for his mental healing than anything. And... Jon is his natural son, and a piece of his own beloved, lost Lois.

Makes things a rather sticky wicket.

Tank (who thinks the above arguments just reinforces his position on children... after all, who needs all that grief)

#3965 07/03/03 05:16 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I'm not going to get too much into the discussion as to whether or not having a child is worth all that grief, considering I'm a "new" mom myself and have some pretty strong feelings.

Since having my son I can't imagine anything else more worthwhile (to me) than raising him and watching him grow and learn. Of course as I said, this is only MHO. smile

That aside..

I'm glad to see this story back again. Yvonne, you're taking this in a new and somewhat scary direction. I hope that the difficulties with the pregnancy were perhaps a function of the pregnancy itself and not necessarily with the fact that Lois was carrying a Kryptonian baby, but somehow I think not. frown

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

~Liz (who knows that Tank will only be 100% happy with a story if Lois gets her hair cut! wink )

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#3966 07/06/03 03:19 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks Lab!

<But as he gazed down at her, a memory stirred. That terrible day in Perry’s office when his world had shattered. Perry’s distant voice coming to him from down a very long tunnel, talking about a difficult pregnancy and an even worse birth. Telling him the worst news he could possibly imagine - death due to childbirth. The unspoken news, too, which was worse still – his alien genes had been the cause of her death.
CK slumped down onto the bed. How could he have forgotten this? He lived with Lois’s death every day of his life, yet he’d not once remembered that she’d died because she’d been carrying his child. The implications for Lois and Clark were devastating.>

Wow, that was very powerful!

doublel

*****Sorry, posted in wrong place**** please remove and put in comments folder, thanks. It's early in the morning wink

#3967 07/10/03 03:02 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
YAY!! Kidnapped is back!

This is a great part, Yvonne. Brilliant Lois with that solution and it's a great idea for them to visit Smallville for a few days. But you left us with quite a cliff hanger, please post more soon!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard