Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh guys!! Nice chapter. I'm beginning to think we might need to start begging for some nfic in a bit. Although, you guys are doing a pretty good job of making it hot over here in the normal boards. grumble

Great job ladies! Can't wait for more. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yaaah! It's up! It's good!

party

<scrambles off to read>

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Columnist
Columnist
In the nfic folder we get annoying cow bells, and over here we get annoying beepers! Jeez, can't a reader get a break? laugh

This part was fantastic! I loved their impatience. I think I need to go turn on a fan now, it's suddenly so much hotter in here. Kinda weird for February, wouldn't you say? huh

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
No time for any lengthy FDK, but i loved it. Hmmmmmmm, I sure loved the action between them, if you know what I mean. Eh, vibrations... that got my thoughts going in a naughty direction. laugh

Make him tell her soon! Make him propose to her again soon! And fix that A-plot soon, too, so we can have the stuff we all - eh, I, at least - want!

Ann

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Although this is my first post for your story, I've been following it and am loving it. Loved seening impatient Lois at Bill Jr. and about the ring.

She took the paper from him and glanced at it. There weren’t any names on it that stood out to her
Darn, I was hoping that the doctor treating her memory problems would appear on the list.

He smiled as he kissed her again, using the leverage of the door behind her to intensify the kiss. He shifted, rocking his body against hers, thrilling them both with the result. This wasn't nearly enough for him anymore - not when there were couches and privacy behind her door. And a bed, his hormones whispered. She's got a bed in there, too. But it was no good to either of them while they were still in her hallway - he had to fix that first.
Thanks for all that great b-plot action. drool

BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
And what lovely B-plot it is! I loved that they were kissing their way up the stairs. Are you sure this won't end up with a little bit of nfic, hmmm?

wink

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Columnist
Columnist
Stupid beepers goofy )

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww great part! I have to agree with the others, get rid of the darn beeper laugh and are you SURE this isn't going into nfic? wink

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I don't have time now, DJ, but when do I ever have time these days? Better write some FDK anyway.

Her smile widened. Now she knew that he rarely took a taxi. Not unless he was trying to maintain the ruse that he actually needed one.
I love how she smiles when she is thinking of Clark. But then, she doesn't remember why she shouldn't smile.

What things did he sometimes have to give up or sacrifice because of who he was?

How much of that sacrifice would she have to share in if they got married?

All of it. She wasn’t going into this half-committed. She knew what she would be committing to – *who* she would be committing to – once she accepted that ring.
I absolutely love this, how she understands what it would mean to really be married to Superman, and how she will gladly accept the sacrifices. This is what Lois's love for Clark means.

She leaned up and gave him quick kiss, laying her hands on his chest as she did so. She slid one hand down a bit, where his inner pocket would be. When she didn’t feel anything there, she did her best to hide her disappointment. He had taken it back home.
I love this, too - she is so longing for him to propose to her.

Clark could tell something had upset her. She had seemed fine until that kiss. She had kissed him and then ran her hands down... Oh, no. Surely she hadn’t...

Well, of course she had. When he had gone to pick up his coat, it hadn’t been lying where it had fallen to the floor. It had been neatly folded and laid across the arm of her love seat.

He opened his mouth, not sure what he was going to say
Ah, Clark. Don't you remember that Lois edited her journal to give you a chance to undo the wrong you've done to her? Is this the way you're proving your honest intentions to her?

Lois looked from that side pocket to his other side pocket. Maybe he hadn’t taken it home? Maybe he had just put it in another pocket...?
I love how she keeps searching.

“Clark...” she began, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it. She sighed. “We’d better get going if we want to get finished in time to meet up with Dan for lunch.”

Dan? Clark held back a grimace. “We’re having lunch with Dan?”
Yes, the two of you are having lunch with Dan, because you need information from him. And Lois doesn't remember that you have hurt her so badly that she should seriously think of having lunch with Dan on her own.

Clark knew that if Dan didn’t know, but Dan found out later, that Dan would make sure Lois knew what it was that Lois didn’t know – that she had gone on a ‘date’ with Dan. And if Lois found out that she had gone on a date with Dan, she would know things weren’t right between *them*. Clark shook his head feeling a little dizzy from his inner ramblings. Dan could ruin this... he could ruin it so easily.
So you have a problem, Clark. What do you plan to do about it?

Clark was going to have to tell her what had happened, everything, and he needed to tell her before she found out some other way. He looked up as the prison loomed in front of them. Now wasn’t the time though.
No, for some reason, now is never the time for Clark to be honest with Lois. frown

Lois hated the silence. It felt so uncomfortable. But she couldn’t seem to work up the courage to ask him if he still had the ring with him. She glanced down, nonchalantly, at his pants pocket. There was something in it – something was keeping it from lying flat.

She gave his hand a squeeze. He squeezed back. She swung their joined hands slightly a few times and then she bumped them against his hip – against the object in his pocket.

Even though it was just the back of her hand, she could tell it was hard, whatever it was. Hard and bulky and somewhat square-shaped.

Could it be?

It was driving her to distraction. She wasn’t going to be able to think about anything else until she found out for sure. She was hardly able to think right now. But there was no subtle way to stick her hand in his pocket to find out. So... she would give up being subtle in favor of being direct.

She pulled her hand from his grasp and slipped it inside his pocket.
Sorry for quoting all of this, but... hah! I love it! So Lois! And she is so, so impatient for Clark to propose to her again, to give her the ring. Clark, take a hint, will you?

“Lois!” Clark almost stumbled, more than a little startled by what she’d done. “What are you doing?”

“I’m sorry, Clark, I just had to see...” She closed her fingers around the object and pulled her hand free. Lois looked down at what she was holding - Clark’s beeper. “...your beeper?”
The beeper! goofy (But the couch, Clark?)

Clark settled his weight carefully on top of her and whispered, "Lois, you don't know how much I've missed kissing you like this," he said, kissing her again. "And like this," he added breathlessly, his mouth moving to taste the line of her jaw.

"You've missed it?" she panted in between partings.
Why has he missed it, Lois? Maybe because he has broken up with you.

"Oh, please, Clark. I need to feel your hands on me."

Clark shifted, putting his weight on one arm while he ran the other hand just underneath the hem of her blouse. She shivered as his fingers brushed over her abdomen.

"Yes. God, that feels good," she moaned, her hands pulling on Clark's shirt to touch the warm smooth skin of his back.
Oooohhh... this fairly screams for the nfic folder.

"Where's the suit?"

"Left it," he punctuated his words with short kisses along her neck, "by... the window... when I... came in."
I love the way he can hardly speak!

Clark's brain was screaming at him. What are you doing? You need to stop now. Now. Stop now. She won't remember any of this tomorrow. It's not fair.
You'll never convince me that you are stopping because you want to do the right thing to her, Clark.

Lois's body was begging for more, pleading with her. She didn't care if she didn't remember any of this tomorrow. Right now all that mattered was him - his lips, his hands, and this moment.
There is a song called "The Best Of Times Is Now", I think.

Then she felt an odd sensation against her hip. It wasn't an unpleasant sensation but, at first, she couldn't quite pinpoint what it was.

"Clark? Are you vibrating?"

"What?" he asked and then sighed when he realized his pager was going off. "It's my beeper."
Exchange it for a vibrator, Lois. And then exchange Clark for the vibrator.

Okay, I'll give you the chance to be honest with her, to propose to her for real and to make love to her because she wants you to, Clark!

Looking forward to the next chapter. DJ. I just hope it won't be too oppressively A-plot heavy.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everything Interruptus!

GREAT to see another part. I have to admit, I understand why Clark wants to wait on the proposal even though everything is hunky dory for now. I mean, he was still an idiot 15 parts ago, and even though I'm not holding that over his head, it *would* be nice if Lois really remembered everything they've gone through to get back to Planet Hunky Dory.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good morning everyone!

Hi Jojo! *START* begging for some nfic? Hmmm, start? wink Hee hee. But your next sentence - that we are doing a good job of making it hot over here - why thank you!!! blush Oh, and thanks for the FDK title - too cute! drool "Are you sure this won't end up with a little bit of nfic, hmmm? ........... One just never knows...

Hi Jessi! Thanks. Don't worry there is more b-plot in the next part and there will be more waff to come... And, awwww, armful of sleeping kitten - that's so sweet!

Hi Jackie! BAN THE BEEPER!!! Hee hee. Oh, and I'm not sure about anything - I am collaborating with Sue on this, after all... All I'm sure of is where the story is going (I have story boards all plotted out) but I'm not even sure how many more parts are left yet. laugh And each time I "brainstorm" with Sue, new stuff gets added and plot points get refined and made better. She just gave me an idea yesterday that is going to make an upcoming plot point really shine (thank you Sue). Thanks for the fdk, Ann!

And yay! Here comes Ann, back again -- just couldn't stay away, huh? <g> Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed all the b-plot stuff. I'm sorry you're still mad at Clark. He really is trying to do the right thing. He wants to make things right - for the right reasons. But he is being naive and a dolt to be waiting so long to do it.... I just have one word for you -- "CallmeDaniel". But you have to remember Ann, Clark has been honest with Lois already, twice in this story - completely honest with her - and she threw him out of her apartment both times. Now, it's true that at the time he was being honest, he wasn't really trying to get back together with her, like he wants to now, but still, that's enough to make a man a little gun shy. He still wants to be honest with her, but he wants to do it right, and do it so that he doesn't screw anything up. It's a lot of pressure - you know?

You said you loved that line where he could barely speak - "by... the window... when I... came in..." Yep, that would be a brilliant Sue addition there. The kissing while talking sentence. Mmmm, gotta love that! I was melting into a gooey puddle when she sent that proposed sentence back to me. drool Sue loved the whole make-out scene that I wrote - the walk, the stairs, the couch (the beeper - heh) but her contributions to it were so drool worthy. drool (Thank you Sue!!!)

Don't worry, Ann. The next plot does have A-plot - but it's not oppressively heavy... there's some B-plot mixed in. <g>

Hi Jen! laugh I'm glad that you understand why Clark is waiting. Like I told Ann above, he's tried the "direct - all out honesty" before, and it didn't go over so well. He wants to be honest with her, but he wants to build up to it. He wants it to be the right time... and he wants to figure out the best way to say it. And yes, it was only 15 parts (actually less than that... I believe he was still acting like a dolt through most of the first few parts <g>) ago that he was being an idiot.

Planet Hunky Dory. Hmmm... I wonder what solar system that ones located in? Has Clark ever seen that one before? <g> He should definitely arrange a visit. goofy Thanks Jen!

Thank you everyone! So much! I'm not sure when the next part will be out, but Sue and I will try to get it finished soon!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I saw that you'd posted, when I came back home last night - but I was soooo tired. frown And I've been waiting all morning for lunch to finally get here so I could read this. I've had the page minimized on my task bar since I got in the office. *lol*

I've kept it for last - with dessert. I figured, if it's sweet, then it goes well with a piece of cake and if Clark is being dense, then I'll need something to make me smile again. hehehe!

Leaving comments as I read....

Are we ready for some b-plot this time?
Do you really need to ask? When are we not ready? <giggles>

Dan? Clark held back a grimace. “We’re having lunch with Dan?”
hehe - I'd forgotten about that. It ought to be fun. *lol*

Dan could ruin this... he could ruin it so easily.
Ahum... Clark? It's cause you already ruined it once. Don't blame others for your mistakes! It's not very, um, super of you.

“Can you get it open?” she asked.

“Huh?”

“You know...” She looked around conspiratorially. “With your one of your powers.”
LOL! Lois... You're the one with the power to pick locks. Remember? Oh... wait, yeah... she's probably forgotten. hehehe! Mind you, I know nothing of car doors - maybe those can't be picked so easily. Not to mention it would look really suspicious for her to be picking a car lock in broad daylight.

“Lois, there isn’t a power in heaven or on Earth that could get me inside that car – unless you don’t mind a broken window.”
It's a pity you haven't met The Flash yet in this reality, Clark. He has a power that could help - at least, I think he can make it work in a helpful way. I'll have to go read some more comics. (how painful! *lol*)

She pulled her hand from his grasp and slipped it inside his pocket.
Dang, she really is curious, isn't she? hehehe! Too bad it was just a pager, though. But... who keeps a pager in their pockets? Clark? How come you don't have that clipped to your belt, like normal people? Oh, wait, yeah... you're not normal people, are you? *lol*

Her smile could melt steel.
Hers? Ah... I suppose men would think so... His, though. His can turn flesh and bones and working brain cells into puddles of goo. I should know... it's happened to me more times that I should be admitting to...

The small girl inside her was just dying, hoping that he’d drop down to one knee right then and propose.
Eh! So would mine if I was in her shoes.... *sigh*

She had lost her memory and woke up every day to have to start over again... he didn’t want her like this.
Whoa... talk about jumping to conclusions! Lois... Don't you know this man at all, yet? sheesh!!!

Talking about puddles of goo... dang, girl! that conversation had me going "awww!" so many times. It's a good thing I'm all alone up here or someone would be wondering what the hell is going on in my cube. hehe! It was just so... well, "awww!" is all I can think of, really. *sigh*

This wasn't nearly enough for him anymore - not when there were couches and privacy behind her door. And a bed, his hormones whispered.
Huh? A bed? Ooooh - does that mean we're likely to find a chapter of this on the dark side of the boards? Please?

AH! Now I see why everyone was talking about pagers. Nasty!!! Really, nasty!!! As if we didn't have enough of Jimmy Interruptus or Perry Interruptus... now we need Henderson Interruptus?? Are you going to run through the entire supporting cast? Grr! wink

Nice chapter! *Very* nice!! I can't wait for the next one. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooo...my first FDK ever...wow.

I am just loving this story! smile1 I can't decide if Clark is doing the right thing or not. What did Lois mean by giving Clark a "clean slate" with their relationship? Did she expect him to explain to her all the torment he's put their relationship through and beg forgiveness, or did she expect him to "re-do" the day he ended their relationship and let them finally be together? Ahh! Either way, Clark needs to come clean, for his own sake if not for Lois' too.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Clark has been honest with Lois already, twice in this story - completely honest with her - and she threw him out of her apartment both times.
Hmmm, if I remember it correctly, he was completely honest when he told her that he had decided that the two of them couldn't be together anymore. And Lois got angry and sad. Big surprise. Now he wants to tell her that he is sorry about breaking up with her - but now he can't tell her?

I just watched Disney's Hercules, whose hero resembles Superman (or Superboy) rather too much for his own good. And in that movie, there is a little goat-man of a coach, Phil, who keeps muttering that he has only two words to say about something, and then he says three words, or one. So, DJ, like Phil I have only two words to say about Clark and his decision not to tell Lois that he is sorry about breaking up with her, and not to propose to her again right now, even though he can see that she so badly needs him to:

Jerk.

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Is that a vibrating ring box in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? laugh

Love this chapter!

doublel

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As promised... Feedback and lots of it!!

She didn’t know how much time had passed, but she was lost in thought when her door was slowly opened. She looked up to see Clark smiling at her.
Oh, dear! You gave me brief pause there. I thought for just a second that someone else was sneaking in on her.

She slid one hand down a bit, where his inner pocket would be. When she didn’t feel anything there, she did her best to hide her disappointment.
Oh, poor Lois! Clark, you really are a lunkhead.

Maybe he had just put it in another pocket...?
Let’s hope, but probably not. Clark’s a lunkhead, you know. But maybe he’ll get a clue and go get it and make Lois think it was there all along. Addition: Oh, well, a few paragraphs later, he redeemed himself very slightly.

And so, instead, they walked in silence.
Lunkhead.

“Then make it real, Clark.”
Yes, Mr. Lunkhead, do that!!

Lois felt the lump in her throat a second or two before the sting in her eyes. He was afraid to ask her. She had lost her memory and woke up every day to have to start over again... he didn’t want her like this.
Oh, poor, poor baby.

“I love you, Lois.” He slid his hand into her hair and drew her to him again. “And I want you.” He echoed his words from the night before, even though he knew she wouldn’t remember them. “But I want you to know, really know, what’s happened. And, as long as there’s a chance that you’re going to remember everything, I want to wait. I want us both to know, each morning, the depth of our commitment to each other. I’ll wait for you, Lois. I told you I would wait as long as you needed and I meant that. I love you and I’ll wait for you.”
But to Lois, this is all double speak. She has no clue what he means or what he’s talking about, so to her, I’d think she’d think that Clark still didn’t want her because of her memory loss. Poor Lois. Make it right, lunkhead.

Clark, the man who always held himself in check, who always tried to remain in control, was losing himself to her.
Oh, well, that’s good. He's losing himself to her.

They had come to her door and Lois let out a startled gasp as his body pressed tightly against hers. "I don't remember, remember?"
smile

It was the number for the police precinct. It was Henderson.
Evil ladies... Maybe I should quit calling Clark a lunkhead and start calling you two the lunkheaded mistresses of lunkheadedness.

You mean you think Doc Peterson is bad? Hmmm...
Hmmm.... Me thinks so, too - he seems creepy.

But he is being naive and a dolt
Lunkhead!!!!

And yes, it was only 15 parts
?? Surely you aren’t going to finish this up in one part, are you?

You're the one with the power to pick locks. Remember? Oh... wait, yeah... she's probably forgotten
Yeah, well, she has about a zillion locks on the door - faster for Clark to go through the window.

It's a pity you haven't met The Flash yet in this reality, Clark. He has a power that could help - at least, I think he can make it work in a helpful way.
What’s that, Lara?

Come back soon, your Lunkheadednesses. wink

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, as for that special power that the Flash has got - I think he can "vibrate himself" through solid surfaces, by vibrating his molecules between the molecules of whatever he wants to get through.

Comic book lore, you know.

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'v been meaning to say something about this for a long time.

Despite the post-contact premise (that is kept low-key) and amnesia that is a rather overused plot device IMO, I like this story a lot.

The retrograde amnesia really gives the story a novel touch. Lois fight to regain her self is fascinating and Clark's despair at breaking Lois heart all over again when she is so low, is naturally and wonderfully whammy(I dislike forced wham). Lois way to give him another chance was a delighful turnabout.
I also like the A-plot, Mindy Church is an underused villain. On the whole it's a very clever story and I love those.

Btw This is late, but what was really so funny with the shave her legs thing?
Mock me if you will, but I was under the impression that it's a rather common procedure when girls goes out.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! I started to reply to fdk last night but, of course, I couldn't get online, like everyone else. <g> But I apologize for my late reply.

Hi Lara! I'm so tickled that you saved mine to read with dessert. laugh I hope you found it sweet and tasty. <g>

Hah! Yes, I really didn't need to ask I guess...

You know, I don't know exactly how car locks work, I was thinking they were different than door locks on a house. <g> And yes, it would be suspicious to see her trying to hijack her own car. <g>

Hah. Lara, the pager thing cracked me up. You want an explanation? Here's what I came up with - when Clark super spins in and out of his clothes, he's broken more than one pager when it goes flying off his belt where he had it clipped, so he's gone to carrying it in his pants pocket instead. <g>

Hee hee - I'm glad you were all alone so you could "awwww" all you wanted.

The dark side of the boards? <*snort*chuckle*>

Yes - Everything Interruptus. <g> Thank you! The next chapter should be up by Tuesday at the latest!

Hi Mercy! Welcome! I'm so tickled that you chose to make this story your 1st FDK ever... WOW is right!!! All very good questions... and I agree with you - Clark needs to come clean, and fast, before the option is taken away from him.

Ahh, Ann, my sweet Ann.... <DJ sends an e-mail to Sue to please give Clark - CIHC - a consoling pat> <g>

Hi Doublel! Hah <snort>. Funny. Thanks.

Hi Nancy! Lots and lots of it! Mmmmm... Okay, that makes me smile that you got a little nervous when the door opened - good, I like to keep you on your toes. <g>

Poor lunkhead Clark <make that 2 pats Sue, oops, wait no... looks more like 5 or 6.... maybe 7 or 8 goofy >

goofy

quote: And yes, it was only 15 parts

?? Surely you aren’t going to finish this up in one part, are you?
No. I was replying to what Jen said about Clark having still been an idiot only 15 parts ago... and that she wasn't going to hold anything over his head. I was agreeing that yes, that had only been 15 parts ago. No, I think this story will definitely be a good 20 parts <glances at plot outline and notes> yes, definitely 20, maybe one or two over that.

We'll be back soon Nancy. Thanks.

Thanks for that explanation Ann. <g>

<DJ's mouth falls open>

Arawn? Is that really you? I'm speechless! thud I'm flattered you're enjoying it - even with the 'Contact' subject matter... and with the amnesia plot device...

I'm totally tripping over myself.... Thanks. I'm glad that the WHAM feels natural to you and you're enjoying it. And I agree about Mindy. I really found her quite a fascinating villain... but that's all I'm going to say on that... Clever? Oooh, thank you, I just love that word and glad to hear it being used in reference to a story that I'm proud to be working on.

Okay, in reference to your 'shaving legs' question. I know some girls (I am not one of them - it bothers me not to shave) who will let their legs go a few days, even a week between shavings... especially during the winter when they're wearing a lot of pants. I even know girls who won't bother to shave before a date (especially if they're wearing panty-hose), unless they think those legs are going to be felt... Obviously by the statement Lois made to Clark and the WAY she made the statement, it was meant to imply that Dan might get to... ahem... feel those legs. Lois said it solely to make Clark jealous - but of course Dan did end up getting to feel them. blush

Thanks so much for the comments Arawn. Glad to know you're reading and enjoying.

Thanks so much everyone! Sue and I are hitting the next part back and forth - I think we'll probably have it posted by sometime Tuesday.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard