Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
“Come on, Henderson. Don’t make me bring Lois back down here with me.”
rotflol

Nice chapter, DJ! I am sure that there are more roadblocks coming up, especially when Lois reads that note.

By the way, I liked 12, too, I'm sorry I never got around to FDK. I've been oddly scatter-brained lately.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DJ! smile Great part!! I have way to much of a migraine to comment (let alone try and be amusing) I shouldn't have read this just yet, my eyes are throbbing now (*sigh*..) I just came on to see about some PMs I got but when I saw you had this part up, I really couldn't help myself.

Excellent. smile Love that Lois gave Dan the brush off. hehe. And I can't wait to find out more of what's going on in that a-plot you have going. Niiice! smile Love a good A-plot. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi, DJ! I know I promised you a loong review last chapter, which I wrote, and then my sister, who is obviously from the shallower end of the gene pool, goes and shuts down the computer before I can post it!
I couldn't quite get up the energy to rewrite all of it again. Which is a pity, as the last chapter was one of my favourites in this story. thumbsup
Sometimes, you know you should have been an only child. Even if it'll always be your turn to do the dishes.
So, onto chapter 13:
Clark turned around and started walk away but Dr. Klein’s voice halted him. “Clark? One more thing. Would you tell Mandy to make sure she feeds my chimps for me while I’m gone?”
dance Work related...and then personal too! Because they might just decide to go back to her apartment, scrutinize the chemical properties of a certain rock attached to a band of platinum and then test out exactly how patient of a man Clark is willing to be. And then have a very long lunch.
And there's nothing you can do about it!
MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
evil

She grimaced. Why did he have to be so flirty? Did the man have no self-respect?
This is a guy who has a collection of Hawaiian shirts for all occasions and still has the nerve to poke fun at other people's crazy ties! What does that tell you?!

*Danbash Danbash Danbash!!*
(We need a Danbash icon)

Fourteen! Fourteen! Fourteen! wildguy wildguy wildguy

-Hasini

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sketchy, man!

Is Mandy telling the truth?

Who broke into the lab?

How are Dan and Clark going to get along at lunch?

Is that note going to factor in?

What if he couldn’t work up the nerve again? Then again, he had brought the ring... Maybe she should...
Is Lois going to propose? <g>
Okay, that's jumping the gun, but it fit in with my interrogation.

A lot of really big RAFOs are in the works!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm interesting chapter. Needs more kissing... laugh

Just kidding!! Great chapter, I wonder what Dan is going to do when he realizes that Lois doesn't remember anything past a certain day? Will he try to take advantage of that somehow?? Probably not but it is fun to imagine him getting pounded by Clark if he did... not that Clark would... unless he was Angry Clark. Then he could use the rest of the pent up energy for...

Wait wait! Can I ask for another ending now? lol

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! It looks like we lost some of our readers with the A-plot in this portion <sigh>. Does it make it any better if we promise there is lots and lots of B-plot in the next part?

Really there is! Sue thought it was yummy when I sent it to her and then she added to it and it became even yummier! So fear not, dear readers. <g>

Thanks to those of you who hung in there through this heavy a-plot part... especially those of you who said you are actually really enjoying the a-plot. Woo-hoo! Thank you!

Hi Lisa! Yes, I had wondered what happened to you on the last part, but I was oh so glad to have you for this part. laugh Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Lara! I hope your headache is better. I feel for you. <hugs> I was tickled that you just "had" to read it, even though you had a headache. And I've VERY glad that you love a good a-plot. But there will be a good deal of b-plot left to come, and a good portion in the next part. <g>

Hi Maria! Thanks for the comments. Are you worried about Dr. Peterson? Hmmm... don't know what you tell you... guess you'll have to keep reading. <g>

Hi Hasini! I have a little sister as well, and I remember those days, when I still lived at home, and had to lock away anything important... eventually they do grow out of that... or at least mine did. <g>

Vibe? You're getting a vibe? Uh... well... you know I just don't know what you to tell you. <g> Guess you'll have to keep reading. laugh

Hah! Loved your comments about what you thought Lois & Clark should be doing during lunch... Ha ha ha!

A Danbash icon... Hah, too funny! This is the best I've got for you -- [Linked Image]

Thanks!

Hi Jen! Ooooh! All such good questions. <g> Yes - RAFO - Read and find out... all will be answered... err... eventually. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Jojo!

Needs more kissing...
<sigh> Yes, I know. I was afraid I was going to lose some fdk on this part due to the lack of kissing... <sniffle, tear, cry>

Sue and I will be doing our best to make up for that in the next part. Promise.

Loved your speculations. Yes, just how evil is Dan? devil Or maybe evil isn't the right word... desperate?

Hah! You can ask for any ending you want... still doesn't mean you're gonna get it. <g>

Thank you hard core readers for sticking in with us on the heavy a-plotted part. More waff is coming... hang in there. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
You didn't lose me! I love A-plots, as long as they go along with B-plots, because A and B just go together! laugh

Actually, I thought I'd left feedback already, but I must have read this part and didn't have time to comment. Sometimes I get a little confused when I'm trying to follow several different stories.

I have the same questions about Dr. Peterson as everyone else. Something is not right about that guy.

It should be funny to watch Dan's reaction when Lois blows hot and cold with him. One minute she's tolerating his company and is polite, the next minute she's down right short and rude with him. And he has no idea that it's because she can't remember from day to day, other than what's written in her diary. Should make for some interesting reading.

Great job! Can't wait to read more!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! It looks like we lost some of our readers with the A-plot in this portion <sigh>. Does it make it any better if we promise there is lots and lots of B-plot in the next part?
You didn't lose me either. I'm just stressed to the max and very behind.

Great part, DJ and Sue! (And that's all the feedback you're gonna get this time. More next time, I promise. And hopefully by then, I'll be a gainfully employed person...)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have a little sister as well, and I remember those days, when I still lived at home, and had to lock away anything important... eventually they do grow out of that... or at least mine did.
My sister is seventeen years old and therefore liable to be tried as an adult to the charge of first degree idiocy.

Oooh! The Danbash icon! love
Is there a way we can add it to the gremlins?

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
Columnist
Columnist
Sorry it took me so long, you didn't lose me! As much free time as I've had, my concentration has been shot to h-e-double hockey sticks. But glad I could focus enough to finally read this!

It's definitely getting interesting. I'm liking the A-plot a lot!

And also looking forward to the B-plot in the next chapter. wink

Waiting for more!
Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sorry I haven't offered feedback in awhile...work has been keeping me busy.

So much has happened since my last post, but you should know that I've been enjoying both the A plot and the B plot (although I admit preference for the B plot wink ).

I love the progress that Lois and Clark have made despite (and perhaps because of) her memory impairment. It's good that Clark has finally realized that he has made a huge mistake. The issue of complete honesty still remains, however, as Clark struggles with how much he should support Lois' manipulations of her own perceptions. I would suggest to Lois that if she truly wants to alter her perceptions, she should invest in a new journal--missing pages are far too much of a temptation for an investigative reporter.

I'm also irked with Dan and his seeming use of nirvana to win Lois' affections. In this case, her memory loss works in her favor. Those kissing scenes between them were positively icky! Still, having a rival is crucial to the plot, so I understand his inclusion here. Too bad he can't compete on his own merits.

I look forward to seeing where this all leads, and I appreciate all the work you've done in creating the story.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You haven't lost me yet, DJ. RL has just been nuts and my muse is banging on the backdoor with ideas to get me out of my writer's block.

Anywho...

“Come on, Henderson. Don’t make me bring Lois back down here with me.”

Henderson wavered a few more seconds before walking away and waving at Clark to follow him. “All right. If it means missing out on a visit from Lane, you can have five minutes.”
lol

Dr. Peterson pulled it out.

He glanced at the display. “D. Scardin?”

“Oh, that’s Dan Scardino,” she told him, smiling sheepishly as she grabbed for the phone. “I ran out of space to fit the whole name.”

Dr. Peterson handed her the phone and frowned. “I’ll come back,” he said stiffly.

Lois frowned as she watched him shut the door. That was a little rude – especially after she had waited so long on him. Surely he could be polite enough to give her just a minute or two...
Do I smell a fishy of the crimson variety, or does the Dr. know Inspector Gadget???

I like Mandy, she does 'secret agent lady' quiet well.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! We didn't scare you all away with the a-plotting!!! smile

Now I feel like a whiny baby... forgive me, patience was never one of my strongest virtues. smile

Hi Symbolic! Thanks so much for the fdk. Man - all this hostility towards Dr. Peterson. I love some of the theories that the readers are coming up with - I find it all very interesting.

Yes, the situation with Dan is bound to get interesting. smile Thanks!

I wanted to take this moment to say that the fic is finished in outline form... I know exactly where it's going and what's going to happen (I've kind of known all along, but there were some pesky little details and plot holes that needed fixing <g>) I still don't know how many parts there will be total. I'm thinking at least 20 but not sure if possibly more than 20. Now I just have to get my lazy butt in gear to get it written and passed on to Sue so she can play with it and add to it as she sees fit.

Hi Nancy! I'm so sorry to hear you're stressed out. I hope things are looking better this week (and hope you are now "gainfully employed"). Thanks for taking the time to tell us you're still enjoying it!

Hah! Hasini! Glad you enjoyed that icon. I have no idea if it can be added to the gremlins or not. I use the Firefox browser and downloaded the "Smiley Xtra 4" and that's where I get a lot of my icons.

Hi Jessi! Isn't that always how it is? I find it most irritating that when I have plenty of free-time, I can't concentrate on writing or reading to save my life -- and my muses usually up and abandon me. Thanks for reading and I'm glad you're enjoying the a-plot. And yes, there will be plenty of b-plot in the next part.

Well hi there Queen of Aces! I missed you. <g> Glad to know you're still reading! I loved your postulations about Dan perhaps using Nirvana on Lois... I get all giddy when I read the readers thoughts and guesses about what's going on. <g> Thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi James!!!

and my muse is banging on the backdoor with ideas to get me out of my writer's block.
Oooooh, does this mean I can be expecting a new part to beta soon?

Something smells fishy? Really? What did you eat for dinner? goofy

Glad you liked Mandy - thanks for the fdk, James!

Thanks again everyone! Seriously (and I'm sure I speak for Sue too) we love all the fdk... after all, fdk is the main staple in a muse's diet... and mine feels fat and well-fed now. goofy

I hope to have part 14 out if not late this evening, then sometime tomorrow. It's almost ready. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hey, DJ, you haven't lost me as a reader, either. I'm just (A razz )-waiting (B sloppy )-etter time for my FDK, you know?

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Hey, DJ & Sue,

You didn't lose me; I lost you. I went to check on your fdk folder tonight and realized I never read the part. When I went back to the part, I didn't recognize the preview. So after reading both parts and skimming the fdk, I find I am out of time to leave fdk.

So, what everyone else said. Yeah, that sounded about right.

I'm off to go to bed, knowing that in a few hours my teething toddler will wake up. "Owie, Mommy. Hurt." And I will have to remind her that Mommy can't give her any more painkillers without getting her legally drunk and will spend a few hours trying to bribe her into letting Mommy sleep while she plays quietly with her turtle toy.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Ann! That's what I figured. :p <g> Then we shall expect lots of fdk on the next part. <bg>

Hi Elisabeth! Glad to know you're still with us. That little story about your toddler was cute. I hope she let you get some sleep. Thanks for the fdk!

Okay, part 14 will be posted today!!! It's almost ready. Sue and I are discussing one small part and then it will be here.

Thank you all!!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG! Now I'm gonna have to stay up!
Well, you can't expect me to sleep knowing it's coming any hour now, do you?!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard