Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Umm...I love it DJ. Love it!

I wish I had time to write more extensive feedback for you. Maybe during my next break I will. smile

More soon! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Zis is what I call a feast of fat things! Ze gods love me today!
dance
Right. What to read first? *rubs palms* Platonic or 50 First? Eenie, meeni, miney, moe....
50 First!!
party
Shall come back with FAT JUICY REVIEW!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well now... since I'm useless right now, might as well leave some FDK. Wasn't supposed to be here, shouldn't be doing this, but I could not resist going to look if part 9 of Platonic was up and... well, I'll be working on my lunch hour to make up for this one. *lol*

The note was wrinkled and the paper was no longer crisp from the number of times he had read it – folded it up, tucked it away in his coat pocket, then pulled it back out of the pocket and read it again... and again.
Impatient and a tiny bit obsessive. Yep, that's how you can tell a man in love. wink

How exactly was he supposed to prove himself?
By changing your molecular density.
ooooo - wait! this sounds dirty... *lol* I was going to make a stupid joke, but the joke's on me now! He should try to not be so damn dense - that's how he can prove himself. Cause if we feel the need to kick 'ya, buster, you're done with. hehe!

What did she want him to do?

What did he want to do?
Think we should whisper the answers to him? wink

But maybe this was just how all amnesiacs felt.
Nope.. that is how all girlfriends of insanely dense men feel like when said men start acting stupid and jeopardize the one thing they're trying to protect.

“Whoa. Slow down, Clark. You’re babbling.” Clark repressed a laugh. That was the pot calling the kettle black.
rotflol
Yeah, but the kettle is acting like a pot, so really... (does that even make sense? it does in my head. I need more sleep!)

Where did he keep it at home? Just put away in an old dresser drawer? Or was it sitting out somewhere – someplace where he looked it at every day? The thought made her feel a little giddy.
Um.. yeah - where does he keep it, DJ? Do tell.. (or did I miss that part?)

Maybe he really was upset with her for meeting with Scardino last night.
Upset, with *you*. pshhh! He's upset he's been such a lunkhead - that's what he's upset about. Dummy. (I mean.. he's the dummy, not her!)

As Clark flew back through Lois’s open window, he spun back into his regular clothes. He sat back down on the loveseat and slid the ring box inside his coat pocket, wondering why he really had gone to get it. He glanced back towards the shuffling noises and sounds he could hear Lois making. Was he really going to show it to her?
Why you got it? Clark! Because she asked to see it. And you know as well as we do that you can't resist Lois Lane. And as to "showing it to her", maybe now isn't the best idea. First, you should drop down on your knees, confess to being stupid and wrong and beg for mercy. Beg and apologize until she no longer thinks you're an idiot for dumping her over your crazy overblown insecurities.

Men! You really have to tell them everything... wink

“Lois? Lois are you there?” Perry’s voice bellowed. “If you’re there, pick up. I can’t find Clark and...”
Oh, sheesh! We get *Perry* Interruptus, now? Damn these people they work with and their really bad sense of timing!! *lol*

Superman was invulnerable, but Clark wasn’t. Clark could be killed.
Yeah and trust me, sometimes we'd just love to kill him off - there have been several of those times throughout this story, as a matter of fact. hehehe!

She wasn’t sure why but that revelation seemed really important to her. Like it meant more than what she realized. The next time she made notes in her journal she needed to write that down.
Eh. I guess it's just as well he almost got shot, then. Looks like that's the key to his second chance... 'cause when he explains it to her now - that he was so afraid of losing her that he broke her heart over it - she actually might understand it a little.

She could feel something else, too. There was something else in his coat pocket – a piece of paper. She grabbed the paper with her fingertips and pulled it out.
And this is where you might lose your second chance... You need to tell her before she finds out on her own. Seriously, you do. Cause if she thinks that you decided you were just going to propose again and never tell her about the breaking up for her own good part, she is going to be one seriously pissed off amnesiac. And that bit about Clark Kent being mortal - yeah, you'd find out about that. As a matter of fact, me thinks she'd find a way to turn the invulnerable alien that you are into a pile of shattered bones. I'm pretty sure she could actually get that pissed off. She is Mad Dog Lane, after all... LOL

Great part DJ! smile Can't wait to see what happens next. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois frowned at him. She hadn’t really thought about it before now... Her frown deepened - at least not that she could remember. Superman was invulnerable, but Clark wasn’t. Clark could be killed.
When I read that, I momentarily thought that she had forgoten C=S! thud and then I continued to read /sigh smile

It was folded up and wrinkled, no telling what it was or how long it had been in there – probably just trash. She’d throw it away for him. She tossed it onto her coffee table for now; it was time for her to get going to her doctor’s appointment.
Oh, please let the message be only legable to supervision...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
His mind finally reigned him back in. He couldn’t do that.
Oh, Clark! Do it!

Clark and Lois both jumped as a loud sound ripped through their collective conscious. The sound blared again and Clark’s mind finally recognized it as Lois’s phone.
Argghhh....

How long were things going to continue to work against them?
Bet you two could have given the writers on the show a run for their money.

She could feel something else, too. There was something else in his coat pocket – a piece of paper. She grabbed the paper with her fingertips and pulled it out.
Oh, crap. No! You two are Evil. Queen and Princess of Evil

Yeah, but the kettle is acting like a pot, so really... (does that even make sense? it does in my head. I need more sleep!)
I must need sleep, too, because it made perfect sense to me.

Men! You really have to tell them everything...
Men are from Mars (or Krypton) and women are from Venus.

Who did Dr. Klein took the drug?
Oh, my goodness. I wasn’t even getting that possibility. I was thinking a hologram or some such.

This was a great part guys. One of the best if not the best of the story.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can almost imagine you grinning evilly at Lois' leaving the crumpled note on the coffee table and then.... POOF....tbc!

Come Back here! thumbsup smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
My version of Memories (sung by Barbara Striesand) from The Way We Were.

My husband always changes the first line from memories to mammeries

But not as lovely as *that* night. Clark closed his eyes remembering the way her hair had fluttered as the breeze from the window caught it. Her cream-colored silk nightie had plunged dramatically at the neckline, drawing Clark’s eyes down her body.
"Mammeries,
From the corners of my eye
Misty water-colored nighties
Of the way we were

Besides the missing pages, there were also a few places in the journal where words – and occasionally even an entire sentence - had been scribbled through. New notes had been written in the margins – crammed in between what was already written and the edge of the page. It had all been written in the same ink, so obviously she had done these edits at the same time. Why? What had changed?
Scattered scribbles,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
Is this the way we were?

He had realized that the night air was a little chilly and he had wrapped his arms around her to warm her. They had held each other closely, their bodies swaying softly against one another. Her skin had felt more like silk than what she was wearing.
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?

“Yes,” he murmured quietly. The feeling of her smooth skin beneath his fingertips that night had been burned into his memory. He shouldn’t be doing this. He shouldn’t be talking about this with her, letting the moment affect him like it was. If she knew the truth, she wouldn’t be doing this – acting this way. He needed to slow things down.
Memries, may be beautiful and yet
Whats too hot to remember

“Do you remember how we laid together on this loveseat and...” She withdrew her hands from his shoulders and walked around the loveseat to sit down next to him. She leaned in and pressed her lips lightly against his throat, just below his jaw line. “...we kissed.” [/QUOTE]

We simply won't forget
So its the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...

Pardon me for the cheesieness. Great chapter Metro!

Columnist
Columnist
Great part!

So, what did you come by for this morning?” She smiled lopsidedly at him. “You weren’t hoping to take advantage of me while my memory’s off, were you?”

“Oh, you caught me,” he admitted, flashing her a small grin in return.
I can actually hear Clark replying to her. It reminds me when he was trying to ask her out for the first time and teased her about wanting to borrow her clothes.

“Hey, I was just teasing,” she said, grabbing his hand and giving it a little squeeze. Yep, something was definitely off.
She can try to give him a second chance, but her intuition is still telling her that something is wrong.

“Clark,” she whispered his name breathlessly between kisses as she reached between them to pull the sides of his coat back and down his shoulders. “Oh... I want...” She let out a frustrated groan and Clark took over for her, working his suit coat off his body and letting it fall to the floor.

He took her in his arms, holding her tightly against him as he ran his hands up her back. “...need...” she murmured into his mouth. He released her lips to lay her down on the soft cushions of the loveseat and he began moving his mouth down the front of her neck, stopping momentarily to suck softly at the base of her throat. “Oh... I mean, I don’t... think I need any... more... time.”
The words Nfic Folder come to mind... (Hint Hint) wink

Looking forward to reading more!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
How smart is it to try to write FDK on this in the morning when I have almost no time for it? Not very - but when do I have time these days, eh?

I love how Lois ripped out parts of her journal to "undo" the past, as it were, and to give Clark another chance to put things right. Just don't blow it now, Clark! (But you might consider blowing something else instead - ah, sorry, this isn't in the nfic folder, which is a pity, really!)

What did she want him to do?

What did he want to do?
Duh, Clark. Haven't you been listening to Lois at all? Don't you know what she wants you to do? As for what you want... well, we can only hope you want what is good for you.

After a few seconds, Lois opened the door. She smiled a sweet, shy smile at him. “Is it true?”
How sweet! Trusting Lois!

“Did you really propose to me?” she continued.

Oh – that was easy enough to answer, wasn’t it? He nodded his head at her, not really trusting his voice just yet.

“Then why don’t I have an engagement ring on?” She flashed him her unadorned left hand.
Good question, Lois. And Clark is going to play his usual game of avoiding the question in such a way that he isn't lying outright, but he isn't telling her the truth.

To be truthful, she was a little taken aback that she had agreed to meet Scardino at her apartment to discuss the story with him. What had she been thinking? That had to have upset Clark. At least she assumed Clark hadn’t been there, that’s what her journal seemed to allude to.
How sweet. She has a bad conscience about meeting Scardino. But of course, she doesn't remember Clark breaking up with her.

Lois could feel the faint stirrings of unresolved feelings, buried deep down inside her. She couldn’t tell what the feelings were, just that they felt out of place. They didn’t belong with anything that she had read or that Clark had told her... so far, anyway.
At least she isn't completely fooled by him.

“Okay,” she told him. “I can live with that – for now. So, what did you come by for this morning?” She smiled lopsidedly at him. “You weren’t hoping to take advantage of me while my memory’s off, were you?”
How sweet! And how painful to think that there is no chance of that happening right now, Lois, not with that lunkhead of an ex-boyfriend.

“Oh, you caught me,” he admitted, flashing her a small grin in return. It felt good to smile like this with Lois again. “I was going to tell you that you had agreed to go away with me to a private island and...”
I wish! And I hate his lies. The coward!

“So where’s the ring?” she asked, wondering if he kept it on him, if he kept it at work – locked up in his desk, or if maybe he just kept it at home.
Yes! Perfect question, Lois!

“The ring?” He cleared his throat nervously. “It’s at home.”

“Can I see it?” Where did he keep it at home? Just put away in an old dresser drawer? Or was it sitting out somewhere – someplace where he looked it at every day? The thought made her feel a little giddy.

“Now?” Clark put one hand against the doorframe to steady himself. “You want to see it now?”
Yes, Clark. She wants to see it now.

What did he do now? What had she expected him to do? What did he want to do?

What?

He glanced back towards her bedroom and then, before he could change his mind, he spun into his suit, opened her window, and made a quick trip back to his apartment to grab the ring box.
Okay. Good, Clark.

Was he really going to show it to her?
Yes, Clark! Don't you dare back down now!

She was giving him a second chance. That’s really all he needed to know. A second chance wasn’t about knowing what she remembered from the past but, instead, about making a fresh start – about making new memories.
This is beautifully put. I love it.

Oh there had been that one time when he had come to her before she had accepted Luthor’s proposal, and she had looked lovely...

But not as lovely as *that* night. Clark closed his eyes remembering the way her hair had fluttered as the breeze from the window caught it. Her cream-colored silk nightie had plunged dramatically at the neckline, drawing Clark’s eyes down her body. He had realized that the night air was a little chilly and he had wrapped his arms around her to warm her. They had held each other closely, their bodies swaying softly against one another. Her skin had felt more like silk than what she was wearing.
How beautiful.

If she knew the truth, she wouldn’t be doing this – acting this way. He needed to slow things down.
She needs you to change things, not go down the same route as before, only more slowly this time! Lunkhead!

She had almost been ready to accept his proposal that night... almost, but not quite. She had still been scared, and she was still scared now but not like before. Something inside her had changed. She didn’t know how to explain it - she could just feel it.
Beautiful...

Clark was the one man she wanted to spend her life with. The realization of that resonated down deep inside of her, culminating in a pool of liquid heat.
...and sensual...

“That’s what I dreamt about just before I woke up this morning.” She kissed his neck again, moving her lips up and then along his jaw before finally reaching his lips. She sucked softly on his upper lip, savoring the soft, smooth feel of his skin with her tongue.
...so she is acting on that sensuality.

“Clark,” she whispered his name breathlessly between kisses as she reached between them to pull the sides of his coat back and down his shoulders. “Oh... I want...”
You want this to move into the nfic folder, don't you? So do we.

“Oh... I mean, I don’t... think I need any... more... time.”
He had to make sure she knew why he was proposing to her – that he realized he couldn’t let her go. He needed her – not just as a partner or a friend but as his wife, his lover, his equal. Clark reached down and cupped her face as he leaned in to kiss her lips. He took a long, slow taste of her before he pulled away. “I told you I would give you all the time you need and I will. I can wait.”
Didn't you listen at all, Clark? She wasn't asking you to wait.

It would be so easy. He had the ring – he could just pull it out and ask her and she would say yes.
Okay, Clark, maybe you need to confess things to her first.

He needed to make things right between them
Yes....

and that meant not rushing things.
I don't know.

She had to know what had happened and that he was sorry for what he had done. He needed to tell her that she had been right – together they could overcome anything.
All right. Yes.

Her frown deepened - at least not that she could remember. Superman was invulnerable, but Clark wasn’t. Clark could be killed.
All right - Clark as a persona can be killed.

She could only imagine how awful it would have been to have lost Clark – and yet she would still have had him as Superman. It wouldn’t have been the same but she still would have had him.

If she died, there was no coming back - Clark would have nothing. He stood to lose a lot more.

She wasn’t sure why but that revelation seemed really important to her. Like it meant more than what she realized. The next time she made notes in her journal she needed to write that down.
I love how she understands his fears.

And it's too much to quote, but I loved the whole scene where Lois found the engagement ring. When she tried it on, I almost got a lump in my throat. How beautiful. How sad. How poignant.

I get another feeling at the end of this chapter, too - a feeling of foreboding, a sense of looming danger. clark has left Lois alone. She had a fainting spell the last time she had seen her doctor. And Clark thinks she is going to be in danger because they are together - well, now they are not together, and he has left her alone, and now someone might try to kill her.

Gaaah. I'm not looking forward to the horrible A-plot, DJ. But this chaper was beautiful.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good morning everyone! Thank you all so much for your fdk!

Kelly! I wish you had more time too. <g> But even this note makes me giddy. laugh Glad you're reading and enjoying!

Hi Hasini! Thanks! You're coming back with a "FAT JUICY REVIEW"? Woo-hoo drool

Nfic? Nfic? Hmmm... Aren't you all getting enough of that with Platonic? You might overload Sue's brain if you expect her to start writing 2 nfic stories at once. <g> Because, let's face it, since I'm writing this story with Sue... if there was going to be any nfic... she'd be the one to write it... I'd insist. <g>

Thanks Symbolic!

Ann! Ooooh, look at all this yummy quoting!!! Hee hee, yes, this isn't in the nfic folder. goofy Poor Ann!

quote: “Oh, you caught me,” he admitted, flashing her a small grin in return. It felt good to smile like this with Lois again. “I was going to tell you that you had agreed to go away with me to a private island and...”

I wish! And I hate his lies. The coward!
Awww, poor Clark. He wasn't trying to lie. He was merely enjoying being able to laugh with Lois again. He was only teasing with her...

Ooooh, I loved all the "beautiful" and "sensual" comments. Thats what I was hoping for. I knew this wasn't in the nfic folder... but I was still trying to make it sensuous. <g>

You want this to move into the nfic folder, don't you? So do we.
<snort> goofy Horrible A-plot? Well, we will get back to that and it will be of course be a part of the story, but I'll try not to make it too horrible in the next couple of parts... how's that?

Thank you all so much for all those wonderful comments. I'm just giddy now!!! Hee hee.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nancy! Evil? Us? Ooooh, I've moved from apprentice to Princess. <giggles> I feel like I need a tiara with long flowing veils hanging off the back of it.
Better be careful, DJ. I could always ask Lara to actually give you one....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh!! She is gonna find that piece of paper isn't she?? *pulls out hair*

I really hope Clark does this right and by the time she gets around to seeing the paper it won't matter. Knowing you though I don't think that is gonna happen. whinging

Awesome part as always! ^_~

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Platonic and 50 First Dates posted in one day? This story is great. The feedback is great.

"Mammeries,
From the corners of my eye
Misty water-colored nighties
Of the way we were
What a great day!

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Another great part! Very sweet! I'm trying not to worry over Lois finding the note. I mean she did right it after all, right? wink

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack! Nancy! You wouldn't!!!

Hi Jojo! Well in all fairness, she actually already found the paper. goofy But I know what you want to know... you want to know if she's gonna read it...

You know... I just don't know. wink

Whaddya mean - knowing me that isn't gonna happen? What about Sue? She's way more evil than I am! Oh, wait, that doesn't really help your cause since Sue is writing this with me, does it? :p

Thanks Jojo! I appreciate it. <g>

Hi Angie! Thanks for stopping in! I'm glad you're enjoying the story and had such a great day. <g>

Hi Jackie! Thanks for the fdk! Yes, she did write it... and you would think that would be enough to make it okay... you would think...

Thank you so much everyone! Sue and I may be able to get part 13 posted sometime on Saturday... maybe... Thanks for all the fdk!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard