Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have no time to quote, as usual, but I have to say.... Sara, what a poignant, lovely portrait you paint of the man who hides behind all those masks and identities. The man who is not Clark Kent (not really), not Kal-El, and absolutely not Superman. The man who is just... himself. He is what he is, and this story shows us what, and who, he is. And he is the man whose existence is determined by the fact that he loves Lois Lane. "Give me a fixed point and I shall move the universe", is what Alfred Einstein supposedly said. Well, Truman Clark Kal-El with a tiny dash of Superman lives for the minute speck in the universe that is Lois Lane. With her help, he can move everything.

And I feel sorry for Lois. As always. She is totally clueless, and we groan at her, don't we? We blame her when Clark keeps his double identity a secret from her. We blame her when she can't see through his disguise. Why is it her fault that Clark has deceived her?

Ah, but Clark hasn't lied to her out of spite or malice. He has gotten himself all tangled up in all his identities because he loves her, and he has been unable to show her his true self. (And don't give me the load of baloney that Clark is his true self.) Here and now, we can see the undisguised man... the wonderful man, the lovable, loving, modest man that we all want to hug, I'm certain.

So adorable!!! Sara, hurry back and get things right between them!

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
He had better be all right. She'd call first thing in the morning to see if he'd gotten home yet. Then, after she gave him a piece of her mind for disappearing during a world crisis, they'd figure out a way to help Superman get his memory back.
And tell me Lois.... what are you going to do when he doesn't pick the phone? wink

May the Muse be with you Sara! hyper

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Unless you wouldn't mind one of those frozen dinners, but it's been in the freezer for... a while. I'm not sure it's good anymore. I mean, they don't go bad, normally, it's just that I opened it one night and didn't get around to--"
LOL! Poor Lois...

She followed his gaze over to the picture frame on her end table. The photograph wasn't facing them, but she knew well which one it was--her and Clark in the newsroom. She loved that picture. But why was Superman...

He wasn't asking. His eyes had dropped from the frame already and were staring down at his wrist where the spandex met skin. "Never mind," he told his wrist before he looked back up at her. "So, you were saying something about charities, right?"
ARGH!! I hope the photo gets to play a part in the revelation that is hopefully coming very very soon. smile

She knew lots of things about Clark. She knew she could call him her best friend and mean it. And she'd thought he could say the same of her. But what kind of best friend never said anything about building closet space for the local superhero's wardrobe? And what kind of best friend took off without notice or explanation during such a time as this?
Uh oh. Poor Clark. First he loses his memory, and then he's in trouble for rooming with...himself.

Another great part, Sara. This is so much fun that I, for one, won't complain if you want to make it five parts...or six...or whatever you can get your muse to produce.

Caroline

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Oh, Sara, Lois trying to convince Superman that he can fly is priceless and so funny.

Unless you wouldn't mind one of those frozen dinners, but it's been in the freezer for... a while.
Translation: it is now covered in purple freezer fuzz.

His eyes were... well, she wasn't going to think about how his eyes were because they reminded her of Clark's when he'd thought she'd gone off the deep end and was worried about telling her so. And that was just ridiculous.
Yep, absolutely ridiculous. wink

How was she supposed to answer that? Yes, please? No? If you'd only give it a chance? Only in my dreams?
I love how you've turned this around, Sara. Just based on where he landed, questions that were in the episode are now completely upside down.

The photograph wasn't facing them, but she knew well which one it was--her and Clark in the newsroom. She loved that picture.
smile1

That was just... something to worry about later.
I can see the image in his head of dozens of suits!

"If you're sure..." What was there he could do? "We could look for him or something."
This is just delicious, I love it! How long before he figures it out, I wonder? Maybe Lois will mention the name of the guy in the photo.

Here, she thought she'd be the best person for Superman to have help him in this situation, but she wasn't. Not at all. She hadn't known where he kept his suits. She didn't know where he lived. She didn't know how he flew, or how *any* of his powers worked, for that matter. She didn't really know Superman at all.
Ahhh! Lightbulbs going off.

But what kind of best friend never said anything about building closet space for the local superhero's wardrobe?
laugh

This is so funny and just plain wonderful, Sara!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Columnist
Columnist
Sorry it's taken me this many chapters to actually review, but I am loving this story! Your characterization of these two is so wonderfully written. This has the perfect balance of comedy and sweetness and even a little suspense about when/how/(if) she'll find out.

I can't wait for more!

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great part! You write both of those characters really well, so it all has a great feel to it. I'm looking forward to the next piece!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just bringing this to page 1 of the forum wink

Love the way how Lois ponders on how much or how little she knows about Clark or Superman.

Erm.. Saturday came and went.... not to nag or anything.. but.. laugh thumbsup wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Thanks for making this easier to find, Ankit! razz Anyway, long story short (har goofy ), I'm hammering at it now to see what I can do about that ending. wink I do have a semi-ending point (but not The End), but it makes it an incredibly short part. If I don't get anything worked out today, I'll let you guys have the option of having an eensy part 4 and an eensy (possibly) part 5. If that happens, you might just influence Mel's new ending. wink

Thoughts? Tomatoes?

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara asked:
Thoughts? Tomatoes?
No tomatoes, ripe or otherwise, at least not from me. (Unless you plan to make a salad.) I know from experience that a piece that isn't done just isn't done, no matter how enthusiastic the muse may be. Me, I'd rather taste the properly prepared dish than sample it in the middle of the cooking cycle.

Take all the time you need. As long as it isn't too much time! smile

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

"Yeah... I said fly. You don't... you don't remember that you can fly?"
Well…why should he?

This had to be another joke.
Maybe if she pushed him out the window?

"How?"

Her brow creased. "I'm not sure. You just... do it. Somehow."
Gas? huh

"So," he started. "Chinese food. Why don't you go ahead and order what you like? It all looks good to me."
So…Ralph’s Shrimp Sweet & Sour. And some Pagoda Chicken Lo Mei?

It just... couldn't be possible, though. Could it?
Well…he’s just been inside Lois’s apartment, naked, and pondering an intimate relationship with her, so flying shouldn’t be that much of a leap…

Would she be telling him next that he could see through walls and catch bullets in his bare hands?
hyper He can also see through female clothing! [Linked Image]

And he was expecting her to feed him. She bit at her lower lip. What was she supposed to do now?
Put him under a UV lamp?

Unless you wouldn't mind one of those frozen dinners, but it's been in the freezer for... a while. I'm not sure it's good anymore. I mean, they don't go bad, normally, it's just that I opened it one night and didn't get around to--"
Is she saying that she managed to ruin TV dinner?

Well, other than the fact that he didn't remember a thing about himself, yet his subconscious seemed to remember how to smile just for her.
Awwwwwww

they reminded her of Clark's when he'd thought she'd gone off the deep end and was worried about telling her so. And that was just ridiculous.

"Yeah?"

"Are we... more than friends?"

She nearly choked. Oh, god.
evil

How was she supposed to answer that? Yes, please? No? If you'd only give it a chance? Only in my dreams?
lol

No, no. No thinking needed. She knew the answer. No, they weren't. That was the answer, plain and simple. That was how he wanted it. As much as he seemed conflicted with his own boundaries, he'd still been the one to set and keep them. She had to respect that.
So… ‘yes’?

She swallowed again, resisting the urge to offer him a can opener.
hyper

But why was Superman...

He wasn't asking. His eyes had dropped from the frame already and were staring down at his wrist where the spandex met skin.
Because he was hoping but now he knows that she’s boinking her colleague instead.

Or why she'd been... gawking at him when he'd been wearing nothing but the towel.
Appreciating the scenery from an aesthetic point of view?

"You're tired, Lois. We should go to bed."
FREUD: Oops?

That was just... something to worry about later.
He’s Mickey Mouse?

But I've been there plenty of times and... I'm not sure."
Well…he’s got superhearing and superspeed, so he could vanish in an instant when Lois shows up. Unless he’s otherwise distracted and well… Then Lois would find Clark all hot and bothered and scrambling to hide the cape evil

he felt a small pluck of jealousy towards this man who was apparently a good friend of his.
And yet, she doesn’t know where he is or with whom he spends his nights with.

The word comfortable shouldn't even be allowed *near* the definition of her couches
laugh Maybe the floor?

She didn't really know Superman at all.
Oh my!

He probably even knew how Superman took his coffee and how he liked his eggs.
Four sugars, whole milk. And fried.

But what kind of best friend never said anything about building closet space for the local superhero's wardrobe?
The one with a hero complex?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, this looks like a good story, but I can't find the link to the story itself! Help somebody? cry help
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Did she ever finish it? Part 4 has "tbc" at the bottom of it and the story does not seem to be at an end at that point.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mike!
Part 5 was up for auction and I've got it as preview. Should hit the boards before this month is over smile

wave Michael

okay, there's Moe than part 5. Still, am not worried.

Last edited by Darth Michael; 06/16/14 12:40 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Thanks for the feedback, guys!! I especially loved seeing Darth Michael's reaction to some of my favorite lines. laugh

Part 5 coming up shortly....

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard