Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oooh! Oooh! A new part! (I'm not supposed to be lurking here at this time of day, but what the heck...)

~.~.~

Scardino was standing behind Lois; he was leaning down close to her – too close. And then...

He kissed her! Son-of-a... The opportunistic sleazeball had kissed her. And Lois had let him.
Hehehe! smile He deserved that, though. Really now. I really shouldn't be happy and smiling at Clark's anger, but I can't help it. :p

Part of her wanted to give Dan a good slap to the face for his brazenness and give him a piece of her mind, but she certainly didn’t want to give Clark the satisfaction of hearing that... if that was Clark.
Glad that she didn't! Let him think she wasn't completely averse to that kiss. hehehe! (still grinning, sorry Clark!)

“I don’t know,” Clark mused. “Several species of insects live and die in a month’s time.” He gave Lois a pointed look. “It seems that a lot of things can live... or die... in a month’s time.”

His meaning wasn’t lost on her. If their love, their relationship, had died, it was because of him, not her. certainly wasn’t her fault. “Yeah, and some tortoises live to be over a hundred, just goes to show you that some things last longer than others,” she quipped.
Love that!! A little mean, but amusing and... ah, it's just priceless, really. smile

[...]You’re being selfish, Clark.”

“What?” he exclaimed, jumping up from the couch.
Oi... that had to hurt! The selfish comment, not the jumping off the couch. *lol* He thinks he's being completely selfless, for sure. Lunkhead!

“You heard me. You’re being selfish. You can’t have me or won’t have me, whichever it is, but you don’t want me to be with anyone else either. You can’t have it both ways.”
You go girl!! Eat that, Mr. I'm Doing This For Your Own Good!!

“Well, here, let’s see if I can make things simple enough for you. I refuse to stay a spinster for the rest of my life, pining away after someone I can’t have. If you don’t want me, then I’m going to find someone who does. Is that simple and uncomplicated enough for you?” She raised an eyebrow in challenge to him.
Even better!!! Ah, I love this Lois. smile

And then he did something that totally caught her off guard.

He kissed her.
hehe! YAY! ...ok, I like Clark again now. wink

“I want you,” he murmured breathlessly into her mouth.
Awwww! *melts*
Yeah, I'm totally loving Clark again. *happy sigh*

It’s not going to be that easy, Clark, she thought ruefully.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. :rolleyes:

It might be dangerous for her, for them to be together, but wouldn’t it be just as dangerous for them not to be?
oh, oh, is that a light bulb appearing over his head, now? Seeing the light finally, are you, Clark?

Clark had heard that the ‘Daily Bugle’ was a pretty good paper to work for...
Tsk, tsk... that place doesn't exist. It's a myth. Like the spider-someone of other who clings to walls. No such thing. *lol*

Of course not. That was ridiculous! How could he have been so stupid? How could he have not thought through that decision?
By George, he's got it! wink

How could he fix this?

He wasn’t sure. But he knew he had to find a way. She still loved him. He had felt her love in their kiss. It wasn’t too late.

There had to be a way.
Oh course there's a way. DJ and Sue won't let you stay miserable for ever, they would never do that. Don't worry. Although, I'm sure *Lois* wouldn't mind seeing you suffer just a tiny bit more. I probably wouldn't mind either, at this point. Eh.

<Why Lois Lane... still loves Clark Kent...>
Awwwww!

Did he deserve a second chance?
Yes, yes! Please?

She gathered a few select pages from her journal in her hands and carefully tore them out before turning to the back of the book to tear out a couple of blank pages.
thumbsup Great part!!! (as if it could have been anything but... DUH!) I loved it, I cannot wait for the next one. *happy sigh* Thanks for the nice long coffee break. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
oh what a great part. hope he'll show her how much he wants her. Please don't let him be a lunkhead again.

Columnist
Columnist
Great part!

He kissed her.
It's about time, Clark!

How could he fix this?
I don't know, but you'd better find a way, Clark! wildguy

I'm so glad that Lois is going to give him another chance. Can't wait to read the next part!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Definitely very sweet words.. gives the reader some hope after Dan Scardino :p

Superb part DJ thumbsup

Thanks Sue for *posting* Part 11 wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
New part!!!! [Linked Image] It took me by surprise. I wasn't waiting for a next part because DJ is off. Definitely is a good thing a story with two authors. [Linked Image]

He kissed her! Son-of-a...
Really. Son-of-a... [Linked Image]

Clark continued to watch, frozen in place, as Scardino pulled Lois down to the loveseat with him. He ran his hand up her leg, bunching up the fabric of her delicate, black dress. The hem of her dress lifted higher with each movement of his hand, exposing the silky smooth skin of her legs until Clark could finally make out one shapely, freshly-shaven knee, showing just below the hemline.
I hate Dan! I hate Dan! I hate Dan! I hate Dan! I hate Dan! I hate Dan! I hate Dan! [Linked Image]

Did I say I hate Dan? :p

But before she could reprimand Dan, there was a knock at her door.

A decidedly angry-sounding knock.

Clark...
Clark! Just in time. [Linked Image]

“Lois and I were just catching up on old times, weren’t we, Lois?”

“Uh, yeah.”
/me slaps her. [Linked Image]

“There is still an us. Or do you no longer consider us to be friends or partners, either?”
Friends or partners. Blah, blah, blah... /me slaps him. [Linked Image]

He kissed her.
YAY!

But her heart...? Her heart was totally wrapped up in the emotion of the moment. It was loving the feel of his soft lips against hers, the possessive yet gentle strength in his arms and hands as he held her against him protectively, and the heat that was building between their bodies.

Her heart wanted more – demanded more.
Listen to your heart, Lois.

Damn he was a good kisser. Lois’s mind swam. His lips were so firm and sure in their movement against hers. Oh, how she wanted this, how she wanted him...
WOW!

“I can’t. I can’t do this, Clark. It’s not fair. You have no idea how much part of me wants to. The part of me who remembers loving you... like it was yesterday. Then there’s this other part of me – the part that knows the truth. And that part of me says that I can’t do this.”
Sad, sad.

He was an idiot.

First of all, he had finally managed to break down Lois’s barriers and she had fallen in love with him. Then he had proposed to her, and she had figured out his deepest secret. Finally, when she had come to terms with everything and was willing to accept his proposal, he had messed it all up by deciding it was too dangerous for them to be involved.
Really, Clark is an idiot at times. razz

<Why Lois Lane... still loves Clark Kent...>
Awwwww... [Linked Image]

Did he deserve a second chance?

It was her choice. Clark couldn’t make this decision for her or take it away from her. She didn’t really have anything to lose by giving him another chance. But if she didn’t give him one, she had already lost.
Finally a wise decision. I knew Lois would come to her senses eventually.

He tore open the envelope with shaky fingers and took out the paper that was inside. The message written on it was short and sweet.

He looked again – definitely sweet.

Do you want a second chance? Prove it to me tomorrow. I’m altering editing my journal. – Lois
Woohoo! [Linked Image]

I'm dying for next part! Please, let them fix this mess. wildguy DJ? Sue?

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, loved it!

Since I have no time to quote, let me mention a few of my favorite parts. I loved the way you described the two kiss-sequences( wink ):

Lois felt like she was drowning. Dan was kissing her and touching her and before she realized it, they were on the couch together. She vaguely felt the hemline of her dress crawling up her leg and then Dan’s hand on her outer thigh. That was enough to finally snap her out of her thoughts and get her full attention. But before she could reprimand Dan
She doesn't like that she likes what they are doing, and when he goes too far, she just plain doesn't like it. Because she did choose Clark over Dan, didn't she?

Her heart was totally wrapped up in the emotion of the moment. It was loving the feel of his soft lips against hers, the possessive yet gentle strength in his arms and hands as he held her against him protectively, and the heat that was building between their bodies.

Her heart wanted more – demanded more.

And she soon found herself responding to his kiss. Her arms reached behind his back, her hands groping his body passionately as she returned his kiss with fervor. “Oh, Clark,” she whispered softly against his lips.

Clark deepened the kiss, drawing her in tighter against his body. His lips captured hers again and again, until he could hear her panting between kisses. His own breathing had become just as ragged. Her hands scorched his skin wherever they touched him. The taste of her lips and tongue intoxicating him.

He loved her – wasn’t sure he could live with out her. And he was absolutely certain that he couldn’t stand to see her with someone like Scardino.

Damn he was a good kisser. Lois’s mind swam. His lips were so firm and sure in their movement against hers. Oh, how she wanted this, how she wanted him...
I mean, there's no comparison, is there? Who does she want to kiss, eh? Which of these two guys does she want, plain and simple? Sue, I was about to ask you, now that DJ is away, if you are sure that you don't want to take this into nfic territory? wink

I love how Lois is giving Clark a piece of her mind - just listen to this:

“There is no us, or so I’ve been informed.”

“There is still an us. Or do you no longer consider us to be friends or partners, either?” His voice held just a trace of bitterness.

“Don’t try to put this on me, Clark. I still considered us a couple until I woke up this morning. You’re the one who put an end to that, remember?”

“Do you think I wanted to? Is that what you think? Because I can tell you that...”

“No. I don’t think that’s what you wanted. I think that’s what you decided - all by yourself.”
And this:

“If you really loved me, Clark, you wouldn’t be doing this to me.”

“You don’t...”

“Don’t interrupt me, I’m not through yet.” She hardened her voice a little as she spoke her next words, “You wouldn’t dump me and tell me that we could no longer be together but then constantly keep telling me how much you love me and how much this hurts... and you wouldn’t interfere with me trying to move on... if you really loved me. How can you tell me that we can’t be together and then expect me to just go on like nothing ever happened between us – just go on as your friend? It doesn’t work like that. You’re being selfish, Clark.”

“What?” he exclaimed, jumping up from the couch.

“You heard me. You’re being selfish. You can’t have me or won’t have me, whichever it is, but you don’t want me to be with anyone else either. You can’t have it both ways.”
And this:

“Well, here, let’s see if I can make things simple enough for you. I refuse to stay a spinster for the rest of my life, pining away after someone I can’t have. If you don’t want me, then I’m going to find someone who does. Is that simple and uncomplicated enough for you?”
Yeah!!! Go, Lois!!!

And after that he kissed her - and believe me, I totally approved of that....

Okay, but now consider Lois again. She had to tell Clark how she felt and how he had hurt her. But she knew that her anger and accusations wouldn't fix things:

She knew she wasn’t going to win him over like this – didn’t even know if she cared about winning him over... at least right now.
At that moment she didn't care about winning him over. But later, she did. And I have to say that what she was prepared to give up for him - the knowledge of her own past, for God's sake!!!! - is a most amazing, wonderful sacrifice. Hey, I'm reminded of a sacred, ancient ritual, where you sacrifice something precious to the gods, in the hopes that they will bless you in return. Well, Lois knows that Clark is no god. But, people, I ask you consider this, what she is prepared to give up for him - what she is prepared to trust him with. Her own past. Her personal life history. Wow. I'm speechless. What an amazing gift. How incredibly beautiful.

Lois has, quite simply, given Clark the chance to go back in time and change history. Clark, do you realize what a gift that is? All I can say is - whatever you do, Clark, don't blow it now!!!

Well, waddaya know? I did end up doing a bit of quoting after all. Oh, well. This story sure is worth it!!! smile1

Ann

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh this is great! Clark makes up his mind and kisses her, Lois gives him another chance. Don't mess this up, Clark! Love it!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Columnist
Columnist
Yay! goofy

Loved it, especially this part:
“I don’t know,” Clark mused. “Several species of insects live and die in a month’s time.” He gave Lois a pointed look. “It seems that a lot of things can live... or die... in a month’s time.”

His meaning wasn’t lost on her. If their love, their relationship, had died, it was because of him, not her. certainly wasn’t her fault. “Yeah, and some tortoises live to be over a hundred, just goes to show you that some things last longer than others,” she quipped.
Though the "I want you" (and that *kiss*) is definitely the best part.

Can't wait for more!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oohhh...Clarkie's jealous. Great chapter, nice and long too. The nerve of Dan feeling those freshly shaven legs before Clark
rotflol

doublel

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dance

Ahem. <g>

Man, that last line was so good! Of course the rest of the part was good, too. You're just one of those people that writes a killer cliff to so many parts!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I loved this chapter.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Do you want a second chance? Prove it to me tomorrow. I’m editing my journal. – Lois
Three words: OMG! (Imagine the girly squeal that I uttered them in and you'll know why it is best when I read this at home. smile )

Kerth
Kerth
I feel guilty answering the feedback, but DJ was adamant before she left that I had to do it. All the stuff you guys liked so much - that's all DJ. I might have tweaked a word or two, but it's her story and her cliffhanger. blush

On behalf of DJ, I want to thank everyone who has replied. I'm sure she'll have lots more to say when she gets back next week.

Like everyone else, I'm just waiting for part 12...

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love this chapter!

He kissed her! Son-of-a... The opportunistic sleazeball had kissed her. And Lois had let him.
The word is “bitch”, boy scout. B-I-T-C-H. It’s not that painful to enunciate after the first try…

Clark couldn’t allow things to proceed any further. He thought he had lost Lois once to Dan. He wouldn’t let it happen again. He put his fist to the door and pounded fiercely.
Atta, boy, Clark!

Part of her wanted to give Dan a good slap to the face for his brazenness and give him a piece of her mind, but she certainly didn’t want to give Clark the satisfaction of hearing that... if that was Clark.
You mean the only reason you aren’t decking this sleazebag is because it would make your lunkheaded boyfriend too smug? Where are your priorities, girl? Clark, go away and come back later. Things are about to get violent…

“I don’t know,” Clark mused. “Several species of insects live and die in a month’s time.”
razz

He was an idiot.
Not an earth-shattering revelation to the rest of us. Works for ya, though!

Do not openTax info 1995’.
hyper

Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clearly, most everyone has quoted nearly all of the stuff I would have put in...however...

Dan isn't going to know what hit him in the morning and Clark had better make good on his intentions to make it up to her.

However, I can find one problem with all this...Lois is going to be missing some events and want to know them. How is Clark going to answer her truthfully if it is going to get him into trouble again?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, ladies. Sorry I don't have time for real feedback right now, but I'm so glad Lois is giving Clark another chance!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

A quick burst of speed and he was standing next to his door staring down at the envelope in his hands.

It had his name written on it – in Lois’s handwriting.

He tore open the envelope with shaky fingers and took out the paper that was inside. The message written on it was short and sweet.

He looked again – definitely sweet.

Do you want a second chance? Prove it to me tomorrow. I’m editing my journal. – Lois
Bye-bye Scardino! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone!!! I'm back from vacation and just giddy from all this fdk! What a way to come back from vacation. It counteracts the system shock from going from 80 degrees back to 20 degrees. Brrrrr!

Hi Lara! Your comments totally cracked me up. It was so funny to see you enjoying Clark's pain. But I'm glad you made up with him by the end. <g>

I'll take a moment here to address everyone's enjoying of the "insect/tortoises -- some things can die in a month's time while some live over a hundred years" comment. Yes, I did come up with that one on my own. blush I could just see that conversation between Lois & Clark. I am a great lover of tortoises and turtles... I'm the girl who stops her car and jumps out in the middle of the road to go move a tortoise to the other side where it won't get run over. Tee hee. So I'm glad you all enjoyed this part.

Tsk, tsk... that place doesn't exist. It's a myth. Like the spider-someone of other who clings to walls. No such thing. *lol*
goofy

Yeah!!! Go, Lois!!!
Somehow I just knew you'd like those "assertive" Lois parts.

And after that he kissed her - and believe me, I totally approved of that....
And that... I figured you'd like that. <g>

Well, waddaya know? I did end up doing a bit of quoting after all. Oh, well. This story sure is worth it!!! [Smiley]
Oh wow! Thank you Ann! How sweet of you to say. And yes, that was quite a gift Lois gave him. Let's hope he doesn't blow it. <g> Thanks!

Hi Jackiek! Glad you liked it. Yes, I'm with you... let's hope Clark doesn't mess this up. Thanks!

Hi Jessi!!!

The rest of the chapter totally made up for the grossness of Dan-kissing at the beginning [Goofy]
Grossness of Dan! Bwahahahaha! I almost fell out of my chair.

Thanks for the fdk! Glad you enjoyed the kiss... there will be more kissing, promise.

Hi Doublel! Yep, Clarkie's jealous. Hah! And Dan feeling those freshly shaven legs - I have to give credit to Sue on that one. She told me after I made that comment about Lois telling Clark that she had to go home and shave her legs, that I absolutely had to put a part in there with Clark seeing Dan feel those freshly shaven legs. Hee hee.

Hi Lisa! Thanks for the fdk and glad you're loving it!

Hello Angie! I would have loved to hear that girly squeal. laugh And yes, such squeal's are better to be uttered at home and not at work. Ha ha ha! Thanks!

Oh, and here's Sue, my sweet little co-writer in crime. <g> Thank you for posting this, and for replying to the fdk -- now I won't have to give you 40 lashes with a wet noodle laugh Seriously, I hope you enjoyed all this fdk as much as I did... and you should totally NOT feel guilty - I would definitely would have given you the noodle lashing if you hadn't answered the fdk - you are my cohort after all. <g> And you know very well that while that cliffhanger may have been mine, it wouldn't have been as good without your help tweaking the ending.

Me have lots more to say??? Why, Sue, I simply don't know what you're talking about! blush And you don't have to wait much longer for part 12. You'll have it sometime today.

Hi Hasini!!!

I'm so glad you loved this chapter. And this...

It’s not that painful to enunciate after the first try…
Ha ha ha! That cracked me up. Totally LOL!

You mean the only reason you aren’t decking this sleazebag is because it would make your lunkheaded boyfriend too smug? Where are your priorities, girl? Clark, go away and come back later. Things are about to get violent…
And that? I almost fell out of my chair. Ha ha! But it's so totally Lois, isn't it? <g>

Is this purely the work of DJ, or do I detect the dry wit of Sue, here, somewhere?
Yes, it was me. But I am Sue's apprentice in training so I'm sure her dry wit is rubbing off on me... I hope it is anyway. <g>

And this is where you bash his brains in with a frozen lamb chop …. The Merlot’s on the counter….
<snort>

Now, the "Tax info 1995" thing was all Sue. I was trying to figure out what to have Lois write on the outside of that envelope and that's what Sue came up with, laughed myself silly over that one. Thanks Sue!

Yes, there could definitely be some "loose ends" there... but that could very definitely be the penance Clark has to pay for being such a lunkhead - dealing with all of Lois's memory holes and questions.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it and that it "almost" made Dan worth dealing with... almost. <g> Thanks!

Hi James!

Dan isn't going to know what hit him in the morning
Love that comment... ahem, yes, and that's all I'm gonna say.

How is Clark going to answer her truthfully if it is going to get him into trouble again?
Yes, that's the million dollar question. How indeed... Thanks James!

Hi Nancy! Thanks for stopping in and glad you're still reading!

Hi Maria! Thanks for the fdk! Glad you're still reading and enjoying!

Thanks to all of you so much. You made coming back from vacation so much more enjoyable. <g> Not sure when part 12 will be posted, but I'll be sending it off to Sue to play with sometime today.

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Scardino was standing behind Lois; he was leaning down close to her – too close. And then...

Dan’s lips began to move and Clark listened in, ‘...more chance, Lois. Please?”

Clark continued to watch, frozen in place, as Scardino pulled Lois down to the loveseat with him. He ran his hand up her leg, bunching up the fabric of her delicate, black dress. The hem of her dress lifted higher with each movement of his hand, exposing the silky smooth skin of her legs until Clark could finally make out one shapely, freshly-shaven knee, showing just below the hemline.

Clark couldn’t allow things to proceed any further. He thought he had lost Lois once to Dan. He wouldn’t let it happen again. He put his fist to the door and pounded fiercely.
Oh, yeah. Just what we all hoped for in a date... er, interview with Dan.

“Clark. What are you doing here?” she asked, putting a little breathiness into her voice.

The tic was working in his jaw.
And that, too. That definately made the "date" worth it.

Touche. I love the way they argue around you two, DJ and Sue.

He kissed her.

He bridged the remaining distance between their bodies before her mind even registered she could register what was happening. He wrapped his arms firmly around her and drew her in for a forcefully passionate kiss.

The kiss caught her so unawares that she stumbled backward, the bend of her knees backing up to her coffee table. Clark’s arms tightened around her, steadying her as his hands smoothed urgently over her back and shoulders.
I didn't see this one coming.

Lois forced herself to focus and let her mind take control once again. He was not going to treat her emotions like a yo-yo. He had to make a clear choice.

She tried to pull back from him but he didn’t seem to want to let her go. She finally broke contact with his lips long enough to utter a single word, “No.” It came out as a soft cry, sounding a little sorrowful as if it were mourning the death of something.

That broke the spell. He pulled back from her, his eyes filled with concern. “No?” His heart clenched tightly in his chest, berating him for the fool he was.

“I can’t. I can’t do this, Clark. It’s not fair. You have no idea how much part of me wants to. The part of me who remembers loving you... like it was yesterday. Then there’s this other part of me – the part that knows the truth. And that part of me says that I can’t do this.” She stepped away from him, straightening and smoothing her clothes. “Like I said before – you can’t have it both ways. We’re either together or we’re not. And you said we’re not.”
Finally, the voice of wisdom speaks.

Love it. I especially love how she leaves out the specifics. He doesn't know exactly what she will or won't know tomorrow, so he definately needs to be prepared to be honest about everything.

Another great section.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
-----------------------------------------------
laugh Ha ha ha! ROTFL! Well, at least it exists at Universal Studios - or haven't you seen my picture? <g>
Hehe - Yeah, I have. smile Real nice pic, btw. I also had my picture taken with him, actually. When I was in Paris, last October.

But since mine was a statue... I still think he's just a figment of someone's imagination. Whereas Superman - well... *he* is real of course!! LOL

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard