Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
You evil, evil writer!

This is what I get for being lazy and reading fanfic before work.

I get Dan.

A lot of Dan.

A Please, Just Get Back Together With Me, Dan..

Freaking cliffhangers. I'm pulling out a button for you later.

JD
cat

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Eek!

Please tell me you'll post Part 11 VERY SOON thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Ahhhhhhhh!!!! No way!! Run Lois, run!!! wink

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ask, and ye shall receive! I just asked Sue what happened to this story.

“Am I? Let’s see. Currently you are not involved in a relationship with your former boyfriend – the one you dumped me for – and yet you called me up out of the blue to ask for my help. When I bribed you for dinner, you accepted, and from the looks of things you even tried to *cook* me dinner... which is really very sweet, definitely going the extra mile. Does that about sum things up?”
NOOOOOOoooo!!!!!!!
razz

I'm sorry. I know I seem to have developed a "I-saw-Mommy-kissing-Mr.Del-Canto-in-the-church-parking-lot" attitude toward the whole situation.

“Like to get someone to buy your products. So that’s why Bill Church was in on it – he could brainwash people to shop at Costmart.”
:rolleyes: Let's see, what's the first thing that comes to mind when contemplating the uses of a mass-produced mind control drug...I know, cost-efficient corporate advertising! World domination is soo outdated...

“Please don’t shut me out again, Lois. Please give me another chance. I can be the man you want. I know I can. I’ve thought about you every day since I left Metropolis, hoping for another chance at this.”
wildguy wildguy wildguy

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
Oh man, 50 First *and* Platonic on the same day? I thought I was in heaven when I woke up to see it!

Though it was a rather Dan-filled heaven... grumble

Much to her surprise, it sent a little jolt through her.
A jolt of nausea?

That touch sent the butterflies fluttering again.
Butterflies of nausea?

His words were having the oddest effect on her. They seemed to be warming her from the inside out. She felt a little dizzy. What was wrong with her? She loved Clark, didn’t she? But, yet, she *couldn’t* love him, could she. She felt so confused. It had to be the wine... or maybe the fact that her brain was scrambled right now.
You know, before this part I was planning on saying something along the lines of "I guess I really shouldn't hate Dan. He is a nice guy, if not *incredably* annoying." But I'll take that back now. Thanks for making me feel good about hating Dan!

Another great part, you two. The A-Plot is sucking me in! Now we just need to get rid of Dan and have some WAFFy Lois and Clark moments, yeah? *wink*wink* *nudge*nudge*

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I love range of emotions that you are showing for Lois in regards to Dan and Clark. And, yes, Clark probably will show up. That's what he does.

He wanted to get this over with so he could use the information he obtained from Dr. Klein as an excuse to go intrude over at Lois’s.
laugh Yep. We know, Clark. And "intrude" is such a good word to use here - it acknowledges that he is doing something he shouldn't be.

Then Dan would lean in closer to her and they both would close their eyes...

That was ridiculous. Lois wouldn’t... would she? No.
Um, I dunno Clark, she might! Just to piss you off, you understand.

They were either together or they weren’t. And if they weren’t, he was going to have to let her go.

And that wasn’t something he was prepared to do, not now.
Good boy.

He reached out to take a stack of the dirty items from her and their hands brushed briefly.

Much to her surprise, it sent a little jolt through her.
Really? Honestly?

"How serious did it get with you and Kent?”

“What do you mean?” she asked evasively.

“You know what I mean, Lois."
Blunt a little, Daniel?

Good exposition on the drugs.

And once he had that little errand taken care of, he could go check on Lois
Ah, I see he's left "intrude" behind and is now on "check on". Sure, Clark.

“So what is it you see in Clark Kent that you didn’t see in me?” Dan asked her
This guy's pushy.

Right now that seemed better off forgotten.
<snort>

Oh God, what a place to leave us!

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh! A new part! ...somehow managed to miss the fact that it was here (and kicking myself for it!).

Loved it! Couldn't get my eyes away from the page long enough to quote anything, by the time I got to the end I couldn't believe I'd already read the whole thing!!

And great a-plot - can't wait to find out what's going on there. smile

I really hope Lois doesn't give in to Dan - I mean, getting back at Clark is one thing, but that... *sigh* frown

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Can you imagine Lois and Dan having sex??? EWWW! Almost as bad as Lois and Lex.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Evil, evil, evil!

Come back soon!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Can you imagine Lois and Dan having sex??? EWWW! Almost as bad as Lois and Lex.
Oh man... now I'm going to have that idea floating around in my head all night... *lol*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
She had decided that maybe she wasn’t such a bad cook after all.

Or maybe not.

She looked with dismay at the mess that had once been her clean kitchen countertop and range. All she had to show for her efforts were boiled over liquids and the burned crisps of something that had once been edible. Her entire apartment had the horrid burnt stench of dinner gone terribly, terribly wrong.
rotflol

Her kitchen may have been a wreck, but she looked great
Then she doesn't need to have any qualms about inviting a man inside, even if it won't be for dinner, eh?

He let out a low whistle. “I really like the haircut. I didn’t think anything could make your eyes more lovely. I was wrong.”
Dan "Tank" Scardino?

“Now, I know I promised I wouldn’t bring flowers, but...” One arm came out from behind his back and he handed her a package of imported Swiss chocolates. “...I never promised not to bring chocolate.”

Lois was appalled. He *did* think this was a date!

“Dan...”

“So, tell me, Lois, whatever happened to ‘Mr. Smoldering Eyes’? You never did tell me on the phone yesterday.”
I know this guy is a FBI agent (or something), but hey, does he have to start giving Lois the third degree right after he has handed over the flowers?

“Well, are you two still dating or not?” he brazenly asked her.

She sighed heavily. “At the moment... not.”

“Great. Then I don’t have to worry about ‘Dad’ dropping by to spy on us, now do I?”

She fidgeted awkwardly. “I think you’re getting the wrong impression about tonight, Dan.”
And he's telling her right away that he expects this to be a kiss-fest, eh? mad

“Then I just can’t imagine how you could possibly think I’m getting the wrong impression.” He smiled lopsidedly at her.

She blushed again – and then chastised herself for letting him see her blush.

What was wrong with her?
What's wrong with her? Good question. Because I really do think that something is honestly wrong with her. I don't think Dan would normally make her blush, ceertainly not by smiling at her and hinting that he was looking forward to some hanky-panky.

Well it couldn’t be that, because her best friend, partner, and superhero to the world had just rejected her, she was feeling a little neglected and needy and so was responding to this attention more fervently than it really deserved.

Could it?

God, that was it, wasn’t it? She actually felt like she needed the attention of a man to validate herself. Since when did Lois Lane ever need anything from a man?

Since she had fallen in love with Clark Kent.
Well, this reminds me of what I hate most about the entire LNC TV series, the fact that Lois felt needy enough to accept Lex's proposal. Don't tell me her neediness is going to make her accept Dan this time. frown Hey, get a grip, girl! Where's your pride?

He sighed. He had to make up his mind. Lois wasn’t going to allow him to teeter back and forth. They were either together or they weren’t. And if they weren’t, he was going to have to let her go.
Yeah, that's right! Get that into your thick head, lunkhead!

And that wasn’t something he was prepared to do, not now.
Oh? So now you want her back, do you?

“A little heavy on the Cajun blackening,” he told her, grinning widely.

She had forgotten how his smile could make her feel. It was infectious.
Was she really ever that affected by Dan?

But not as intoxicating as Clark’s smile. His smile made her weak like no other man ever had before.

She frowned. But Clark wasn’t here tonight and apparently he didn’t plan on ever being here again – not like this.
Don't give up on Clark just yet, Lois. Give him one more chance. Please?

“It’s okay, Dan, really. Don’t give yourself food poisoning just to impress me. If you want to eat here, I can always call out for some Chinese to be delivered.”

“How about that place I told you about that has the really good rumaki – the one that wasn’t as good as yours... remember?”
Well, Dan is good at flattery, at least.

While Dan busied himself with calling in their order, Lois turned her attention to cleaning up the kitchen. If they were going to eat here, they at least needed a clean place to sit – and one that smelled a little less like a science experiment gone wrong.
rotflol

She was in the process of picking up various pots and pans and dishes. He reached out to take a stack of the dirty items from her and their hands brushed briefly.

Much to her surprise, it sent a little jolt through her. By the look on his face, it had done the same to him.
DJ, I can't really believe this. Surely Lois isn't that affected by Dan?

“How serious did it get with you and Kent?”
That's none of your business, Dan! What a rude question!

As Dr. Klein approached the door and reached out to open it, the glass from the doors behind Clark shattered violently – jagged pieces of it shooting out in all directions.
Jeepers!!! I sure wasn't expecting that!!

“This is why I wanted to meet you after work. I think we have a mole somewhere here at STAR Labs.”

“A mole?” Clark asked, surprised.
Gaaah. That's bad.

“Shhh,” Dr. Klein shushed him, gesturing with his hand for him to lower his voice. “I know I probably come off seeming a little scatterbrained from time to time...”

Clark hid a smile.

“...but when it comes to things like formulas, my memory is impeccable. I can remember formulas like some people remember... oh, I don’t know... telephone numbers...”

“Uh, Dr. Klein,” Clark prompted him, wondering if there was a point to this.

“Huh? Oh, yes. Well, I’m personally the one who has been experimenting with the Project Nirvana drug over the past several weeks. It’s one of several projects that I’ve been working on. It has a very interesting chemical makeup. There are some synthetic ingredients in it that are so intricate...”
Delightful! So Dr. Klein!

“I had worked with it enough that I had committed its formula to memory. So when the research notes and samples were stolen, it wasn’t a total disaster because I had everything up here.” He pointed to his head.
Aha.

“I had been working on a reformulation of it all day long the day you were here. Uh, that was the reason I had to run out on you and Ms. Lane – forgot I had left a batch of it unattended. I finally got the formula perfected yesterday. But here’s the weird thing, when I came in this morning, all my new notes and samples were gone – stolen again.”
Oh? So that's why someone wants to kill Dr. Klein! Becasue as long as he is alive, the good guys still know the formula! So the villains have to kill Dr. Klein to make sure that only they themselves know it. That's horrible!

“I know you told us before that it was some form of mind control drug. How so? What does the drug do, exactly?”

“Just about anything you want it to.
Oh, horror!!!

Project Nirvana also affects cognitive brain function. It inhibits the conscious, decision-making capabilities of the brain, much like as if you had drank a little too much. It makes you highly susceptible to suggestion. And the stronger the dosage, the more control you have over someone.”
Guess what, DJ? I'm thinking that Lois has been exposed to this drug. And when Dan is giving her all kinds of suggestions that she is in love with him, she believes it, and even her body responds to him!

According to their research, if you tried to plant a more stringent suggestion in someone’s mind, say something that would normally go against their basic moral code, or something contrary to the normal functioning of the brain, the mind would fight it. Higher doses of the drug had to be administered in those cases and also a “trigger word” had to be set up, like one would use in hypnosis. The trigger word would activate the programming, the subject would carry out their assignment and then they would wake up, oblivious to what had happened – at least while they were under the effects of the drug. There hadn’t been any long term experiments conducted yet.”
Eh - know what, DJ? This is beginning to sound just a teeny, weeny bit to horrifically scaringly A-plotty for me.

And Dan and Lois is having their dinner date, and Lois is feeling those butterflies in her stomach again. I really don't think she is being herself here, DJ. frown

Ugh! Let's see how scary this will turn out. I'm looking forward to having Clark burst in on Lois and Dan, but I'm honestly not looking forward to see too many mind-controlled people doing horrible things to others.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Wanted to get on here and say my "thank yous" before I run off to Florida for a week. <g>

Hi Jen! Yes, Dan, Dan, and more Dan. There is still more of him to come... So brace yourself. <g>

Hi AnKS! Sorry, part 11 is going to take a bit to get posted. I'm going to be out of town till next Sunday. Although, I have sent part 11 to Sue for her to play with, change, and add to -- so maybe if you ask her really nicely (and some begging might work too) she might post it for me while I'm gone. <g> Glad you're enjoying the A-plot...

Hee hee, hi Jackie! Run, Lois, run... Hah! Reminiscent of "run, Forest, run"...

Hasini, you've never been a "Dan-hater"? Hmmm, well, let's see what we can do to change that. <g> Thanks for the fdk! And if you want us to come back "quicker" then harass Sue for the next part. [Big Grin] I've sent it to her.

Hi there Maria! Thanks for the comments, glad you're enjoying it.

Hi Jessi! Dan-filled heaven, huh? Hee hee hee. I loved your "nausea" comments. And your welcome for helping you hate Dan. I'm glad to know the A-part is sucking you in. Yes, there is a plot to the story. I've tried not to let any part get too plot heavy, this one was a little more than most. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Lisa! Thanks for all those comments. Everyone's comments about Dan are cracking me up. Yes, I thought that was an appropriate place to leave you. [Devil]

Hello Lara! That's so cute that you kept meaning to quote something but got so involved in reading that you had read it before you realized it. [Goofy] Thanks for the praise on the a-plot. Greatly appreciated.

quote: Can you imagine Lois and Dan having sex??? EWWW! Almost as bad as Lois and Lex.

-

OMG! Lisa! That was way too funny. You silly thing. [Goofy] And, no, I personally don't want to imagine that. (Poor Lara, hope you were able to get to sleep -- heh)

Hi there Ann!!!

Okay, I have to address your questions about "what was wrong with Lois" and "was she really getting butterflies and jolts from DAN?"... I know you haven't seen a lot of the eps from the series... But at the end of season 2, Lois did go out on dates with Dan. She blushed when he complimented her (like her eyelashes) and she smiled shyly at him when he flashed her his winning smile. She was, in fact, titillated by Dan. She was feeling like Clark was giving her the brush off and here was this other guy (who had sort of an exciting job) who was flirting with her and buying her gifts... She was flattered. And she included him in the 3 guys that she was "considering" when she talked to the therapist - Superman, Clark, and Dan.

So, in this situation, since Clark has "given her the brush off" by telling her they couldn't be together, and then Dan comes along, flirting with her, telling her that he wants another chance, that he *wants* to be with her... It just affects her more than she expects it to.

That's not to say that she's going to choose Dan over Clark, or fall madly in love with him -- that's only to say that she's surprised that it's affecting her to the degree that it is. Did that make sense?

<shrugs>

Moving on... Okay, I know you and a-plots don't get along well Ann. <g> And this story does have an a-plot, but never fear, there are still plenty of parts ahead that are not a-plot "intensive"... but I do have to get some in there 'here and there'. I'm sure you understand. <g>

Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments and fdk!!! I really appreciate them! All of them! I'll see you all when I get back from vacation (unless I have time to get on the internet while I'm down there [Big Grin] )

-- DJ angel-devil [Party]

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
Great part! thumbsup

Eww, don't kiss him Lois! It's definitely time for Clark to show up!

The A-plot in this is very intriguing. I can't help but wonder where you guys are going to take this. Looking forward to the next part!

BTW, have fun in Florida!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know... you guys WANT me to start an "I hate Dan Club" don't you...?

I can make the button! Don't make me do it!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She had decided that maybe she wasn’t such a bad cook after all.

Or maybe not.

She looked with dismay at the mess that had once been her clean kitchen countertop and range. All she had to show for her efforts were boiled over liquids and the burned crisps of something that had once been edible. Her entire apartment had the horrid burnt stench of dinner gone terribly, terribly wrong.
Can we say DUH!!! boys and girls??

Her entire apartment had the horrid burnt stench of dinner gone terribly, terribly wrong.

It was at this moment that Dan chose to ring her doorbell.
Impeccable timing, as always.

“I’m sure it’s not that bad. Besides I’ll hardly even notice. It’s not like I came here to look at your apartment.” He let out a low whistle. “I really like the haircut. I didn’t think anything could make your eyes more lovely. I was wrong.”
Gee, channeling Tank and Dan at the same time...that is scary!

Lois was appalled. He *did* think this was a date!
Please see above DUH!!! comment.

“Then I just can’t imagine how you could possibly think I’m getting the wrong impression.” He smiled lopsidedly at her.
Can't wait for him to figure out the other impression you can get from Lois's behavior. That she is mad at Clark and going out with Dan is just to make Clark mad.

And when he did...
eek

The curls of her read hair bounced a little as
I think that should be RED hair (and you are still channeling Tank...I am beginning to worry... help

ok, need to stop commenting on everything or it will be longer than you post!

However...

Looks like you might be stuck with me a little longer.”

Lois smirked to herself – oh, Clark was going to love that.
razz eww!!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, ladies, I’m so woefully behind in my reading... Forgive me for being so late...

After all, he had seemed pretty pleased with her rumaki.
Well, you know... Clark can swallow bombs easier than he can stomach Lois’ rumaki... rotflol

[Linked Image]
(C_A - Motivational Poster Challenge - page 3)

Oh, I’m laughing....

Much to her surprise, it sent a little jolt through her. By the look on his face, it had done the same to him.
NOOOOOOOOO....

Dan moved in closer to her, so close that she could feel his breath on her skin. He placed a soft kiss next to her lips.

“Just one more chance, Lois. Please?”
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Woo-hoo! I get back from vacation and there's all this new fdk for part 10! Yippee!

Symbolicangel, I had to laugh at your "eww, don't kiss Dan" comment. Ewwww - ha ha ha! I'm glad to see you're enjoying the A plot. Thanks for the fdk and I had a blast in Florida (except for having limited internet access and even more limited time to check it <g>)

Hi Jojo! Actually I would love it if you started an "I hate Dan" fanclub. And I definitely expect to see the button if you make one. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi there James!

ok, need to stop commenting on everything or it will be longer than you post!
Hah! I loved all the comments. Thanks. They made me laugh. <g>

Holy Hanna - ha ha! Glad to see I blindsided you with that one. laugh

Should she really be drinking when she is taking a strong medicine for her memory??
Well, she did have a glass of wine with her dinner with Clark the other night. And she has the instructions from her doctor - I'm sure he told her whether or not she could have alcohol. wink

Ewwww -- hee hee. Another one. That's priceless! Thanks James!

Hi Nancy!

Thanks for reposting the Rumaki poster - I loved that poster on the thread (and thanks to C_A for making it and dedicating it to KathyM and I. <g>)

Thanks for the fdk Nancy. And thanks to both you and James for catching the "read head" thing. I'm off to get that fixed asap.

Thanks again everyone! I'm off to read the fdk for part 11. Yippee!!!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard