Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yeah, I can see the rotten tomatoes being gathered already. I mean, you're all thinking, "The audacity of that woman! How dare she want feedback when she's so bad at giving it!" Right? Right?!

However, putting on my best pathetic-spaniel impression, I am, nonetheless, asking for comments on this. blush

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chris, I am so delighted to see that you're posting this again at last!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooooh!! Chris, you're posting EM II!! smile1

Elena smile

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! smile1 smile1 smile1

This was great! It got us into this universe quickly, showing us the side of Lois we didn't get before, plus, as Wendy said, reminding us of the animosity between Lois and Clark...er, CJ. I'm interested to see how CJ's 10 days in our universe will show -- after all, Lois doesn't know he's been gone at all. Will he tell her? Will he become Superman? Will he spill the beans to her that it's him? How much fighting will we get to enjoy before we get to enjoy smoochies?

In case you can't tell, I'm very curious. wink And ready for more!!!!

Bethy (who is bad about giving comments, too, but is trying to get better...post more story to help me practice. <inniocent>)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
EMII, and so it begins...

MORE! and Quickly.

Tank the Retired (who is glad that Lois was rescued... this time, but knows that there is still a lot of time for some juicey whams... and perhaps, a haircut?)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Welcome back! drool

Love this story! drool

More soon, please.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
All right! I've been hoping we'd see this eventually (although I'd almost given up hope).

I remember that Lois dislikes CJ, but if she's willing to look at her motives for blackening his name in her article, maybe she'll be willing to give him another chance.

In any case, I think she's about to have a lot of preconceived notions turned on their heads.

More soon, please.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
D
Dan Offline
Blogger
Blogger
D
YESSS!!! EMII!!! goofy )

Ren Offline
Blogger
Blogger
What a great beginning for the second part of this story!! thumbsup

I can't wait to read more. And like Wendy I want to ask you about your posting schedule? Please don't let us wait too long to read more.

I love this story...there is just one thing that makes me a little sad...as far as I remember from the first part, CJ will only have his powers for a few years, and I understand that he doesn't need them to make a difference, but I'm sure he will miss them...is there maybe...just maybe...a tiny little something that could be done about that?...is there maybe a way that he could keep them? (/me carefully begging mecry

I'm sorry, I guess, I got just a little bit sentimental wink ...anyway, I really already do love this story, and it was just a question, I'll certainly accept and continue to love this story no matter what you decide. smile

Ren

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hey, it's extraodinary man II!! COOL!!! party

thanks for the review at the beginning, chris.. it's been long enough that, even though i'd read the story, i needed a refresher.

very promising start. i like the way you picked up slightly before you left off... didn't realize that till almost the end of the part, but it works really well.

great job, and definitely looking forward to more! smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

I'm so glad to see you posting this. smile1

A wonderful start! You have me completely hooked already. goofy

I can't wait to see what will happen next.
Please post the next part soon. wildguy

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hurray! *And* I came back just in time to start reading with everyone else, too. Sweet! hyper

I adored the way you rewrote the first scene of EM, only this time from Lois' POV. And wow, what a shock it's going to be for Lois - not only to discover who CJ is, but also with his very sudden shift in attitude and optimism!

If she will find out, that is. No doubt CJ's rescue hold was not by accident. laugh

I know I've seen bits and pieces, but I have *no* idea how they're going to fit together. And I'm looking forward to finding out. dance

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Chris - I love EMI. And I'm really bowled over by the idea of a sequel! laugh

(big happy sigh!)

I'll be reading! I'll be reading! blush

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hurrah, a new Chris story, rich with detail, as expected! notworthy
LaurieD

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A story resusitation, back from a coma. smile1 smile1

I loved the start of this way back when. I'm a little leary of starting again and might wait for the whole story, or at least more installments but I'm really glad you're back!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris
I'm so glad that you are finally posting this again.
can't wait for the new parts
soon please
merry

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yay!! I'm SO excited to see this again, Chris. And as Hazel said, it's really fun to see it this time from Lois's point of view.

I am REALLY looking forward to Part 2...and Part 3...and, well, YOU know! laugh

I wish I could write more, but I'm slammed with work and needed a fanfic fix...

Vicki

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Aw, guys! Anyone would think that you were pleased to see this story, or something! laugh blush

Wendy, you were the first to ask about a posting schedule. Well, I was thinking of twice a week. How does that sound to everyone?

Bethy said:
Will he tell her? Will he become Superman? Will he spill the beans to her that it's him? How much fighting will we get to enjoy before we get to enjoy smoochies?
Answering your questions in order: You'll have to wait and see. Ditto. Ditto. What on earth makes you think that there are going to be smoochies? wink

Ren: I seem to remember that, when I posted EMI, people were concerned about CJ's loss of powers. And you've hit the nail right on the head with how awful it would be for CJ to lose the flying; you'll see what I mean eventually.

Will he get to keep the powers? I can't tell you what will happen in the end. All I will tell you is that the final outcome was planned right back at the beginning of EMI. What is it? You'll have to wait and see.

Paul and Hazel: your comments was very helpful! I wasn't sure whether people would realise that I was starting just before CJ's trip to the world (I guess it depends on how well they remember the original), so the fact that you picked up on that was deeply reassuring.

Elena: the story will happily wait for you.

Trenna: it will wait for you, too. I do want to reassure you, though, that I do have a complete draft. While I'm sure that my beta readers will find bits for me to tweak, it is, essentially, written, and it will get posted.

Tank, Maria, Nan, Xanabee, Dan, Laurie, Merry, Vicki: thank you very much for your comments, too!

Chris

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Chris, a thousand thanks for the EM recap. I did read it, but my memory for plots is appalling and I'd put off starting this one for a few days because I wasn't sure if I'd remember enough of the first fic to understand what was going on. So you have one grateful memory-challenged reader here. <g> Although have to say your recap was so intriguing I think once I've finished reading this I'm going to have to go back and revisit for another great read. wink

She knew it was useless to argue with him but she was Lois Lane, so she was going to argue anyway.
ROTFL!

I'm a sucker for alt universes and this one is one of the most intriguing I've seen. The switch to CJ being a lawyer is inspired and certainly keeping me enthralled. Also keen, as others have said, to see how he and Lois work things out. goofy

From reading the other comments I can see I definitely need to go back and refresh my memory of EM, so that I don't miss any of the subtle connections you've been clever enough to include. wink

Looking forward to more, Chris!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally I get the chance to say what I have been itching to say ever since I noticed EM II being posted here: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! razz razz evil

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard