Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#37305 01/14/07 11:07 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
rotflol That was good! Green Arrow or Spiderman, indeed! Why not Wildcat, Nightwing, Doc Fate or something? rotflol

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#37306 01/14/07 11:41 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Gaaaah!!! Ughh! Groan!!! Yeah, blind as a bat, indeed, and intergalactically stupid Lois, whom I'm really only moderately fond of... but, all the same, this was very funny, Lara!

Hey! How does Lois know that Clark isn't the Martian Manhunter? J'on J'onnz is a shapeshifter, after all. Maybe he keeps shifting into his Clark Kent shape?

Too bad Clark wasn't Superman, she thought with a giggle. No... Lois knew for a fact that Clark wasn't Superman. After all, Clark had grown up in Kansas - she'd seen the baby pictures when they were in Smallville not very long ago. As for Superman, well, not only was he from Krypton, he hadn't even been around for very long anyhow.
<groan> (but <giggle>, too)

She sighed as she tried to imagine her partner and the man she loved, morphed into one. Wouldn't that have been just really... well, super? What a pity he wasn't, she thought.
<super-sized groan> (and a <giggle>)

If there was one thing that Lois knew for sure about herself is that she could solve mysteries like no one else could.
I can't take it any more! Super-moronic Lois attacks Ann! Ann is down! Five, six, seven, eight, nine... ten and OUT!!!!

Ann

#37307 01/15/07 02:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thanks Mellie! I'm glad you found it amusing.

As you can certainly tell by the time of my post, this was written in the middle of the night... I was having yet another attack of the "I might as well get up, I've been staring at the ceiling for 2 hours" - yikes.

Gaaaah!!! Ughh! Groan!!! Yeah, blind as a bat, indeed, and intergalactically stupid Lois, whom I'm really only moderately fond of... but, all the same, this was very funny, Lara!
Eh. That's precisely why I put in an apology just for you. Cause this Lois is so damned blind, that confronted with the possibility that Clark might be Superman, she can't even see it. But I'm glad it made you laugh a little anyway. smile

Hey! How does Lois know that Clark isn't the Martian Manhunter? J'on J'onnz is a shapeshifter, after all. Maybe he keeps shifting into his Clark Kent shape?
Yeah, that would have made sense. But, since she dismisses the fact that Clark could be Superman because Superman isn't from Earth, it didn't really make sense that Clark be a Martian either. He's from Kansas!

I can't take it any more! Super-moronic Lois attacks Ann! Ann is down! Five, six, seven, eight, nine... ten and OUT!!!!
rotflol
You've totally gotten me down for the count with that one, Ann! hehehe!

BTW... note that the bit about Clark possibly being Green Arrow is a direct reference to Smallville and it is most definitely there on purpose. I couldn't help myself! (cause, OMG, the kiss!!! Have you seen it? Have you seen it? *happy sigh*)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#37308 01/15/07 04:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, amusing indeed. I wouldn't have been able to come up with the half amount of these heroes. I always thought as a reporter Lois would go for the most obvious. But being intergallactically stupid might be a problem. wink

Great work, Lara. And that title... *giggles* For some reason I won't tell you yet I find this especially amusing. rotflol

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#37309 01/15/07 04:22 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! That was great! Almost every superhero but Wonder Woman!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#37310 01/15/07 05:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonder Woman? Well... Lois isn't blind enough to think that Clark could be Wonder Woman! LOL! But somehow the thought of him in that suit is ridiculously funny... I'm sorry...

Barbara - I hope you will tell me, eventually! Cause I'm as curious as hell and people dropping hints like that really drive me nuts (ie: there's a line at the beginning of the story that describes Lois, but it's really more a description of myself.. I figured it would fit her too, though)

#37311 01/15/07 05:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Come on girl, let me mystify this a bit. It's too much fun not to do it. You'll learn soon enough, I promise. laugh

You can try bugging me, but I don't think this will help. wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#37312 01/15/07 06:12 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Lara - too funny. Thanks for the laugh on this ugly, cold, dreary winter day. laugh

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#37313 01/15/07 07:11 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Lara, you mean the one with Clark disguised as Green Arrow? Yeah, I've seen it.

Great part. Lois, only eliminate the impossible, not the improbable.

Lara, I think the inside joke has something to do with a story bakasi is working on?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#37314 01/15/07 07:50 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Very funny!

I'm sure we wouldn't mind another continuation! (Hint)

wildguy Maybe this guy will help to persuade you? laugh

BTW... note that the bit about Clark possibly being Green Arrow is a direct reference to Smallville and it is most definitely there on purpose. I couldn't help myself! (cause, OMG, the kiss!!! Have you seen it? Have you seen it? *happy sigh*)
I saw it and almost danced around my house in glee. It's about TIME that those two showed a little chemistry toward each other! Oh, how I only wish I could could find a fandom for Smallville like this one!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#37315 01/15/07 07:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey DJ - glad you liked it. hehe! We're having an awful winter day over here as well. 'cause, guess what, winter's here! It's snowing like crazy out there. And here I thought it wouldn't snow until after my birthday... this snow storm just cost me 20$. (I should know better than to bet against mother nature, I know!)

Lara, you mean the one with Clark disguised as Green Arrow? Yeah, I've seen it.
Wasn't it just awesome? ...I can't stop watching it. I put it on my youtube account and half the views are likely to be mine. *lol*

Great part. Lois, only eliminate the impossible, not the improbable.
Hey, who ever said women think logically? I know I sure don't. Besides... she's seen the *baby pictures*. LOL!

Lara, I think the inside joke has something to do with a story bakasi is working on?
Yeah, I know it does. And I'm guessing this is something she would send me to BR. smile

I know I'll see it eventually, Barbara. smile I can't wait! I'm so curious it itches. *lol* And you know, I'm not really complaining, I do actually like surprises. smile

I'm sure we wouldn't mind another continuation! (Hint)
I just knew someone would say that. I wouldn't mind another sequel myself. Don't tell anyone I said this, but I have some of it written already. But, shhhh! It's a secret.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone happens to see Terry around, I do believe he owes me strawberries and cream. Heh. wink

Thanks for all the comments, guys. 'love ya! sloppy

#37316 01/15/07 09:13 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Here you are, my lady, your virtual strawberries and cream - hmmm, there doesn't seem to be an icon for this particular treat. How about I e-mail them to you? Assuming, of course, that I am able to fit them into the envelope. Failing that, I suggest a trip to the nearest grocery store for some Life Savers Strawberries and Cream hard candy. It's quite tasty, as are all your offerings.

This was good, Lara. I chuckled, I guffawed, I tittered, and I laughed. Aloud, even.

And you're working on a sequel to the sequel? Without being bribed? Er, I mean, encouraged, of course, not bribed, because you are certainly above such coarse inducements. But if the second sequel is as funny as the first two installments, this will be on somebody's Kerth nomination list next year.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#37317 01/15/07 10:04 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Here are your strawberries, Lara! Sorry I don't have cream for you, though.

Can't you try to create a picture of Clark in the WonderWoman costume? It's hilarious, but I'd love to see it.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#37318 01/15/07 10:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Mellie, that was very yummy! smile

And well, yeah, I can *totally* make an image of a guy in Wonder Woman's outfit. I'm not absolutely convinced the guy will come out looking like Clark, though. (mind you, I'm working on a little project... might turn out to be a lot of fun!)

Terry! You are so making me blush right now! blush Thank you! I'd go over and hug you, but Oklahoma is a little far to travel for one without the power of flight, so you'll have to settle for a smiley instead. [Linked Image]

#37319 01/15/07 03:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But Green Lantern was a black man and Clark most definitely wasn't.
Ah, but Green Lantern hasn’t always been black... There have been others, Lois.
Green Arrow, perhaps?
Well, yeah, sometimes, Lois... in another universe, anyway.

Cause I'm as curious as hell and people dropping hints like that really drive me nuts (ie: there's a line at the beginning of the story that describes Lois, but it's really more a description of myself.. I figured it would fit her too, though)
What are you talking about girl? I totally lost you...

Oh, and by the way, if anyone happens to see Terry around, I do believe he owes me strawberries and cream. Heh
You must explain that one....

Where did you get those strawberries, Mellie?

[Linked Image]

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#37320 01/15/07 04:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh too funny. Superman didn't even make the list! Yeppp, you go get 'em Lois. I'll be waiting at the finish line with a Clue x 4.

JD
smile

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#37321 01/15/07 04:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, but Green Lantern hasn’t always been black... There have been others, Lois.
Sure enough, but being as though there is supposed to be only one Green Lantern per planet and that the current one is black, he cannot be Clark.

If A = B and B = C then A = C wink and don't ask me how I can manage such profound thoughts given the state of my synapses right now... Second wind, I guess?

Green Arrow, perhaps?
-------------------------------
Well, yeah, sometimes, Lois... in another universe, anyway.
Yes. And when she kisses him - who isn't him but actually Clark - she finds out just what a great kisser he is. And fans shout out with glee. weeee!!!!

Cause I'm as curious as hell and people dropping hints like that really drive me nuts (ie: there's a line at the beginning of the story that describes Lois, but it's really more a description of myself.. I figured it would fit her too, though)
----------------------------
What are you talking about girl? I totally lost you...
Barbara said that something in that story made her laugh for reasons she wasn't going to tell me yet. And I'm sitting here going positively crazy with curiosity. Must be why it killed the cat, by the way.

And then the line in this story I was mentionning was this one She hated when people forced her to guess the things they meant to be telling her about. It always drove her absolutely crazy.

Oh, and by the way, if anyone happens to see Terry around, I do believe he owes me strawberries and cream. Heh
----------------
You must explain that one....
From Terry's post in the fdk thread on the first story:
As for the story (the stated reason for this thread), I laughed aloud. I, too, would like to see Lucy try to hint to Lois that Clark is actualy the Caped Crusader, see Lois ignore or disregard her sister's wild imaginings, and see Clark either misunderstand or play along (maybe because he woke up one morning with a scary Calvin icon on his pillow.) Could you write that one for us, Lara? Please? Pretty please with strawberries and cream on top?

Voilà. smile Nice Batman icon, but please, can we get Supes intead? Pretty please? (no strawberries, though - I am not sharing those! *lol*)

#37322 01/15/07 04:44 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Loved it. I laughed. I cried. (Not really, but it sounds good.) I wanted more.

Elisabeth

#37323 01/15/07 05:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
but please, can we get Supes intead? Pretty please?
I wish. I can't find a decent one.

And I'm sitting here going positively crazy with curiosity. Must be why it killed the cat, by the way.
Yeah, I'm surprised curiosity hasn't killed one of my cats....

Well, hey, here's a pretty decent Superman that I haven't seen before....

[Linked Image]

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#37324 01/15/07 05:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOl very cute. Ah silly Lois. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard