Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36044 12/16/06 03:35 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
First! First!

“Chief, please. I didn’t like those pieces back when I was a junior reporter. Do you honestly think something that monotonous is going to ‘get me back into the swing of things’?
Get used to it, Lois. If you don’t get better, that might be all you get.

Ralph!”
Ralph Spagoda, don’t you know.

Lois looked like she could kiss him. He pushed that thought from his mind – better not to think about that.
Awww…

The look on his face said it all. He looked... uneasy. Disappointment welled up inside her. He really was avoiding her – but why?
Awww… Poor Lois.

He had searched his entire apartment looking for that pen.
Don’t you just hate it when someone takes off with your pen?

More soon, please!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
“A ribbon cutting ceremony for the new library... you’re serious?” Lois’s voice came out sounding a little more sarcastic than she had meant for it to.

“Yes, I am,” Perry assured her. “I think it would be a good piece for you to stretch your legs on, get you back into the swing of things.”
Unlike Nancy, I don't think Lois should get used to this. I like her spunk and her determination to keep fighting.

“Don’t you trust me? Have you really lost that much faith in me? Geez, one little bump on the head and I’m demoted to stories that would be better suited for... Ralph!”
'Course... ummmmm... she does suffer from a liiiittle more than just "one little bump on the head".

She was being emotional and irrational. She knew she was. She knew Perry had to do what was in the best interests of the paper. And what was in the paper’s best interests was not having a reporter who couldn’t remember things from one day to the next. How could she work on their more intricate stories like this?
Glad she realizes that she can't allow herself to be a liability to the Daily Planet.

“I’m back,” Clark said as he walked through Perry’s door. “Sorry. I can’t believe I forgot to turn my iron off this morning.” Lois rolled her eyes. He had to come up with better excuses. She couldn’t believe she had bought so many of those lame ducks.
I can't believe it either, Lois.

"We're partners, Chief," he said, catching Perry's eye.

“Clark, you know that I...” Perry began.

“I need my partner, especially on something this big. Let us both work on the STAR Labs break-in. I’ll take full responsibility,” he assured him, putting as much weight behind his words as he could.
Yes!!! Clark is standing up for her!

Lois looked like she could kiss him. He pushed that thought from his mind – better not to think about that.

It would do no good to think about her lips, how soft and supple they looked just now or to remember how good she tasted when he kissed them. Even now her hair had that one rebellious strand that had come untucked from behind her ear. He wanted nothing more than to reach out and sweep it back where it belonged. Only the fact that they were in Perry’s office and that he had never been able to do so yet without letting his fingers pause, however briefly, against her cheek stopped him.

No, he shouldn’t think about such things. It was so... unproductive.
So, Clark. Explain it to me all over again. What, apart from your own lunkheadedness, makes you so stubbornly certain that breaking up with her is the right thing to do? And what gives you the final say in what is the best thing for her, if you won't consider her opinion on the matter?

Halfway to her desk, she stopped and turned, effectively hurling herself into his arms. “Thanks,” she murmured against his neck. The sensation sent a shiver through him and he reflexively returned the hug.
I love it!!!

“For what? For wanting to work with my partner?” He knew he should step back now, but he couldn’t make himself do so. He stopped himself from allowing his hand to caress her back.

She wasn’t sure but there was something wrong with how he had said ‘partner’. He seemed so tense and it made her feel strangely uneasy.
He is withdrawing. And he doesn't even have the same excuse that Adam Sandler would have had, if he had done the same thing. (Well, Drew Barrymore's character couldn't even remember Adam Sandler's character!)

“Um, Dr. Peterson mentioned that you might want to have someone stay with you. Do you want me to call your mom and see if she could...”

“I’ve lost my memory, Clark, not my mind,” she said and released his hands. Why was he being so distant? “I can’t handle my mom right now.”

“What about Lucy?”

What about *him*? Why wasn’t *he* offering to stay with her? Or let her stay with him?
Because he's being a lunkhead, Lois.

The look on his face said it all. He looked... uneasy. Disappointment welled up inside her. He really was avoiding her – but why?
Poor, poor girl. She has lost her memory, and the man she thought she was dating is distancing himself from her.

Clark sighed and wished he could have offered to stay with her. If he didn’t know better, he would have thought that was what she had been suggesting before.
Clark, are you dense?

“What are you doing?”

“I’m looking for a journal. I bought one a few weeks ago. Dr. Friskin suggested that I might want to write down some of my feelings in it... you know, about you, and Superman, and... Dan.” She sort of muttered the last name.

She opened another drawer and began to dig through it. “But I didn’t really use it. I didn’t need to.” She flashed a knowing smile at him. “And now, I think it could come in handy. I don’t want to lose these memories, Clark... these days. There are entire days of my life that might end up missing. I want to at least have a record of what happened and what I did.”
A journal! Good, Lois! Drew Barrymore had one in 50 First Revelations.

He watched as she picked up a pen off her desk. Clark realized that it was his pen - actually his *new* pen. He raised an eyebrow. He had searched his entire apartment looking for that pen. She must have borrowed it when she had come to his apartment the night they were working late.

He flinched. That night hadn’t ended in work. It had ended in a kiss on his couch that had left them both breathless. He would never be able to kiss her again and the loss was staggering.
Run it by me once again, Clark. Why can't you kiss her like that again?

“Mmm hmm,” she murmured at him as she began writing. She looked at her first sentence. ‘The Truth About Clark Kent’. She quickly scratched the sentence out. There were certain truths that she needed to know, but she was going to have to figure out how to write them in code.
No need to write down that he's Superman, Lois. You do remember that.

There were only two things taken.”

Clark nodded at him. “Yes, some research notes and a highly classified drug...”

“No. Some research notes and a mind-altering drug,”
Uh-oh.

Clark rolled his eyes. That was all he needed – to have Scardino show up in her life again. At least her amnesia hadn’t erased the fact that she had picked him over Dan.

He winced to himself when he realized where his thoughts were turning. What would he do if she decided... no, *when* she decided to date someone else? How was he going to deal with that? He wouldn’t be able to just stand idly by and watch Lois date some other person – even if he had told her that they couldn’t be together.
He breaks up with her for her own good, but then he won't allow her to date anyone else? mad

In "Superman II", Superman robbed Lois of her memory so that it would be easier for her to date some other guy after him. But then, when she had moved in with Richard White in "Superman Returns" - after Superman had completely abandoned her and their son, of course - you should have seen some to the things that some fanboys said about Lois on www.supermanhomepage.com.

“According to my sources, Bill Church, Jr. was involved in a deal with Charles Knox, the head of Omnicorp, to try and get the drug released as an over-the-counter pain med for headaches. The unexpected side-effect, though, was that it made you highly susceptible to suggestion, allowing you to be, in effect, brainwashed into doing whatever the intended benefactor wanted you to do.”
Wouldn't that be useful.

I'm wondering, though. What about testing that drug on Lois and telling her, "Remember, Lois! Remember!" Would that make her memory return?

Hmmmm. Fascinating. Clark did Lois a huge favor when he defended her to Perry, but he was certainly a lunkhead when he kept withdrawing from her. When will he begin to see the error of his ways? And when will Lois figure out that he has really broken up with her?

Looking forward to part five of this!

Ann

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Unlike Nancy, I don't think Lois should get used to this. I like her spunk and her determination to keep fighting.
It was meant as a quip - tongue-in-cheek, Ann.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Good story, but can I just hit Clark, please? I am so irritated with him. I recognize that he is in a hard spot, so maybe it is unreasonable irritation, but I feel it nonetheless. What is he going to do when Lois wants to kiss him? I am suprised she hasn't already tried; they are "going steady" as far as she knows!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<whimper>

I want to hide under my desk. Clark just needs to drop the friggin' bomb on her that he broke up with her already! I'm just waiting for World War III to break out...He's just so...FRUSTRATING!

Well there's always tomorrow. <g>

JD
jump

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd like to hit Clark too... I can set up a little number dispenser thing in case anyone else wants to join in the fun. LOL

What about *him*? Why wasn’t *he* offering to stay with her? Or let her stay with him? It hadn’t been that long since Kyle Griffin had reappeared and Clark offered to let her stay with him.
Poor girl... because your "boyfriend" is dense! And I don't mean his molecular structure, either. See this is why we want to hit him. Yes, of course we know we'll break our fists doing that, but it's goint to be worth it anyway. Trust me.

Clark sighed and wished he could have offered to stay with her. If he didn’t know better, he would have thought that was what she had been suggesting before.

But that was impossible now. He couldn’t be around her like that and she didn’t realize that they weren’t together. He didn’t want to have to tell her. Again.
This is where I break my *other* fist hitting him...

He winced to himself when he realized where his thoughts were turning. What would he do if she decided... no, *when* she decided to date someone else? How was he going to deal with that? He wouldn’t be able to just stand idly by and watch Lois date some other person – even if he had told her that they couldn’t be together. Especially if she dated someone as smarmy as Dan Scardino. Or, god forbid, Scardino himself.
There goes my right foot...

I'm almost thankful it didn't go on much longer, cause I still have my left foot to hop around on now. But, could someone please call an amulance or something, cause I'm really in pain, here.

ROFL -- sorry, I couldn't help myself. wink

Loved it!! Well, except for Clark being so... argh! Anyway... Loved it. smile Looking forward to the next chapter!! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Yes, you're on the right track now, Clark. How ARE you going to deal with Lois dating other guys? smile1

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Argh I wish I had time to quote, I'm taking a short break and was so happy to see this.

Love the Dr. Klein. Heh.

And of course, the best remedy for reluctant!Clark is to have Lois just wear him down. I trust that she will. Check out the passage on the lips--he's already halfway there. So she'll get to him and he'll have to 'fess up that he's a dumbass and well...suffice to say I eagerly await the fireworks.

*cackle*

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Just picked this one up today and read all four parts. I'm really enjoying Clark's tug-of-war. Hmm... heart? Head? Hmmm...

I hope I'm not missing out because I haven't seen (or gosh, I'm so out-of-it, even heard of) 50 First Revelations.

Favorite thoughts: forgetting Star--she's so not my favorite character, remembered kisses, the ah-ha of waking up and knowing CK=S and Clark's guilt over what a chump he's repeatedly been.

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
DJ has been cajoling me that I can answer the FDK, too. I know she's right, but the story is really hers. I've just added a paragraph or a line here and there. At least, until this part. I think by late last night when I had sent her yet another nitpicky revision she was reconsidering her generosity in letting me tag along. laugh
I cannot figure out why that name is making me snicker to myself but it does. The closest I come is Abe Vigoda. Where do I know the name from, Nancy?
Don’t you just hate it when someone takes off with your pen?
YES! I still mourn the loss of a pencil I got at the Tower of London eight years ago. I've been back twice since then and they just don't sell those pencils anymore. <sigh> Unlike Clark, whomever it was didn't seduce it away from me (that much I know for sure). If I ever find out who took it... death will not be instantaneous.
So, Clark. Explain it to me all over again. What, apart from your own lunkheadedness, makes you so stubbornly certain that breaking up with her is the right thing to do?
This is something that the series just glossed over, much to my dismay. I hated that he broke up with her, but I hated how they just made up instantaneously even more. I'm writing another story (once again, DJ and I were thinking along similar lines) that explores this same issue but from an entirely different angle. The end result is that each night when I sit down to write I've been steamed at Clark all day thinking about both stories. I see that we all seem to share that opinion. <g> Let's not forget that Lois is an investigative reporter and she's going to find ways to fill in those blanks, whether Clark wants to help or not. <g>
Run it by me once again, Clark. Why can't you kiss her like that again?
Because he's an idiot when it comes to Lois.
He breaks up with her for her own good, but then he won't allow her to date anyone else?
He didn't say she couldn't date someone else. It's just dawning on him that, eventually, she'll move on and he'll have nothing.
Clark did Lois a huge favor when he defended her to Perry, but he was certainly a lunkhead when he kept withdrawing from her. When will he begin to see the error of his ways? And when will Lois figure out that he has really broken up with her?
Soon. Very, very soon.

Elisabeth - how nice to see you here! I'm still giggling over your location "in a minivan..." Did you ever see Chris Farley on Saturday Night Live as the motivational speaker? He lived "in a van, down by the river..." It's a random phrase that we often quote for absolutely no reason at all in my house.

Thanks to everyone who's reading along with us. I'm having a blast - mostly because DJ writes it and I get half the credit. Nice work if you can get it. dance

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I cannot figure out why that name is making me snicker to myself but it does. The closest I come is Abe Vigoda. Where do I know the name from, Nancy?
I recently asked what Ralph’s last name was in this thread: Ralph... Rivka said it was Spagoda. It was a joke that I didn't immediately get. I thought it was so funny that I chose to use it anyway in my fic. It comes from The Phoenix where Lois says she knew she shouldn’t have eaten anything from a place called Ralph’s Pagoda. ToketsuPuurin later said:
*dies* Ralph Spagoda! I don't care if he gets anotehr last name in the series. that's hiss official last name from now on. too hillarious.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ stumbles into thread - grabs hold of the side of the screen to steady herself>

Why is the thread spinning so badly?

What do you mean 'have I been drinking'?

No. I have not.

Oh, I know what's wrong, it's from all that 'eye rolling' I was doing at Sue's comments about how she hasn't contributed much to this story (until last night - or so she says) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hogwash and poppycock!

Oh, and everyone knows that Sue is an awesome writer, but having had the privilege of co-authoring something with her, I now understand why. You are amazing Sue. devil

What? You wanted an answer? Uh, next question...

Hi Lisa! Kissing? You mean you want kissing? Oh... well... in that case...

Hi there, Jen. 'Tomorrow is another day...' (cue dramatic Gone With The Wind Music)

Lara, your comments totally cracked me up. I hope your hands and foot are feeling better. Next time you want to hurt him, just borrow Sue's piece of Kryptonite. She keeps it in her closet...

Good question Jackie - and don't think it won't be addressed in further detail.

Hi Alcyone! *cackle*? You evil, evil woman. <g>

Elisabeth! The movie is actually entitled "50 First Dates" -- it was actually on USA (cable channel) tonight. I watched part of it - but no, you aren't missing out on anything if you haven't seen it... at least not story wise.

I'm writing another story (once again, DJ and I were thinking along similar lines) that explores this same issue but from an entirely different angle. The end result is that each night when I sit down to write I've been steamed at Clark all day thinking about both stories.
Mmm, yes, and it's yummy, believe me... because, of course, I've had a sneak peek. laugh Poor Sue, don't get too mad at Clark... if you need a reprieve, just go watch your vid. wink <eg>

Thank you everyone! I'm not sure when the next part will be posted, but soon...

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Elisabeth! The movie is actually entitled "50 First Dates" -- it was actually on USA (cable channel) tonight. I watched part of it - but no, you aren't missing out on anything if you haven't seen it... at least not story wise.
Man, I wish I'd known that. Of course, I was wathcing Dean Cain movies. (Even if Dead and Deader was *really* bad.) There was one pretty good line when someone asks him to use his heat vision, though....

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a clever storyline. I just finished reading the first four parts of the story, and I have to say that I'm hooked.

I also have to say that Clark is a complete idiot if he thinks he can keep Lois out of danger by not dating her. Was he not paying attention to the Messenger shuttle incident, or Lois being thrown out of a plane, or Mr. Makeup, or the Prankster, etc.??? She's a magnet for trouble, with or without Superman for a boyfriend. How in the world can he leave her alone at her apartment without her memories?

OK, so he loves her and wants to keep her safe, regardless of the personal cost. Still, he's obviously suffering from temporary insanity.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Lois builds on her diary of memories and helps Clark find his way back to her. It should be a great ride.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey kids, popping in to tell you I haven't given up on the story I just haven't had time to sit down and enjoy it fully. Soon I tell you, soon the FDK will pour forth like a mighty spring.

Oh and don't end it like the movie.

I think that covers all my bases...

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Columnist
Columnist
Nice part!

I hate Dan Scardino, but I'm kind of hoping that he shows up in this story just to give Clark a dose of reality. Now that would be interesting!

Can't wait to find out what happens next!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hah. That line thrown in there about heat vision sounds funny Nancy.

Hi QueenOfAces! Thanks for the fdk. I'm glad we've got you hooked.

Clark is a complete idiot if he thinks he can keep Lois out of danger by not dating her. Was he not paying attention to the Messenger shuttle incident, or Lois being thrown out of a plane, or Mr. Makeup, or the Prankster, etc
So interesting of you to bring that up. I have just such a line planned for later in the story (oh, and let's not forget about Miranda - the perfumist - trying to boil her in some nasty looking liquid because she wanted Lex. :-)

Jojo!!! Hi there! A mighty spring of fdk eh? I'll be looking forward to that. wink

Oh and don't end it like the movie.

I think that covers all my bases...
:rolleyes: Yes, yes, I know... laugh

I hate Dan Scardino, but I'm kind of hoping that he shows up in this story just to give Clark a dose of reality. Now that would be interesting!
<DJ whistles nonchalantly... and moving along...>

Thank you all again so much for the fdk and comments! I hope to have part 5 posted either Wednesday or Thursday (at the latest).

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loving this story.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard