Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
this some kind of cosmic penance for the way he had broken up with her? Was he going to have to relive telling her that they couldn’t be together until he found a way to do it without traumatizing her?
No, you're going to have to relive it until you realize it was stupid and decide not to do it! smile Ah, maybe not. But I do feel sorry for Clark. He can't act like her boyfriend because he knows he's not, but Lois doesn't, so she wonders what the heck is going on. Man, that has to be painful.

She was going to kill him if she kept this up. He needed to stop this, right now. He was supposed to be limiting his emotional involvement with Lois, not encouraging it.
Clark, just give in and be her boyfriend! She isn't going to remember anyway and it will make her feel better. Yeah, I know, ethics, ethics.

Good chapter!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
Features Writer
I have to say that I loooooove the science. Love love sciency-jargon speak about neurobiology. So sexy. Cannot get enough of well-researched fics. Mm.

Now that aside this:

She sighed and then sat up straighter in her seat. “I know. I know. You’re right.” Of course he was right. He was Superman – he was *always* right... or at least *thought* he was. She rolled her eyes in disgust.

Wait. Why did she do that? Why did she think that?

Why did she feel that way about Clark?
is...simply...the..bomb. I can so visualize some fabulous "ARGH I'm so angry and I don't know why!" moments. Gives Freudian slip a whole new meaning. Muahahahaha.

Keep up the evil work dudes,
alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What had happened to her hair?
<g> If that's what you say about your hair every time you forget, then it's payback for chopping off all that awesome hair in the first place.

Was this some kind of cosmic penance for the way he had broken up with her?
It better be, buddy! Lois with that stupid hair cut, and you with your stupid break up! Suffer, Clark!

<ahem>

Anyway. <g>

Oh good god. This is a roller coaster. Clark is just making me bang my head against a wall!
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wonderful way of putting Clark in a tight spot.

Loved the bug part; Lois *would* make that analogy.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, imagine how hard Adam Sandler's character worked to make Drew Barrymore's character (thanks for setting me straight, Woody) realize that she is in love with him, and he is her boyfriend (and later on, husband, and - whoops! - father of this child, her child?)

But Clark has to make amnesiac Lois realize that he is not her boyfriend and will never be her husband or the father of her child. Hmmmm. Why do I find it rather hard to sympathize with him?

Love how the doctor more or less ordered him to be there for Lois, though. Yeah, Clark, try to wiggle your way out of that one!

(And I loved how Lois was yelling for Superman, mostly to ask him if he knew what had happened to her hair. It added some delightful absurdity to the situation.)

Like Woody said, that bug analogy was splendid. Well, in the movie the doctor told Drew Barrymore's character that she still had her sense of humour, at least. So, apparently, does Lois, even if her humour is of the slightly morbid kind. But then, it always was.

And I love the idea that Lois is going to work at the Daily Planet, in spite of her amnesia! Wow, that situation sure has a lot of potential. goofy (You know, as in "By A. L. Lane and N-A. C. Kent - By Amnesiac Lois Lane and Non-Amnesiac Clark Kent! And just imagine all the explaining Clark will have to do to Lois every morning! Oh, wow!)

Fascinating, DJ and Sue! Please come back soon with more!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A tight suit
Well, of course, Lois. Like everyone else, you weren’t looking at his face.

“Perry, I just remembered... I was supposed to pick up a... prescription for Lois at the pharmacy this morning and I forgot. I’ll be right back.”
Better than the usual excuse.

“I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have *called* you like this. I’m fine. Or mostly fine. I’m just a little out of sorts this morning.
Here we go again…

“Mr. Kent? May I have a word with you?” the doctor asked him. His lips were pressed firmly together in a taut line.

“Yeah, sure. What is it? If there’s anything I can do to...”

“Her condition could be permanent.”

So much for subtlety.
Blunt. But Clark needs to know.

but it was a feeling about a memory.
Don’t you just hate those feelings about a memory?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay so I have come to present my case on why Lois should get her memory back and it shouldn't end like the movie:

1. It's just depressing.
2. If she doesn't get her memory back then you will destroy Lois as a person. She need to be a reporter and it is what she does best. She is going to be seriously hindered in her profesison. Don't kill Lois' spirit!!! whinging

That is all... (for now...)

(P.S. I loved this chapter. Poor Clark, I really think this is worse on him than on Lois)

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ann wrote:
But Clark has to make amnesiac Lois realize that he is not her boyfriend and will never be her husband or the father of her child. Hmmmm. Why do I find it rather hard to sympathize with him?
Wow, Ann, I don't know. I can't imagine you not taking Clark's side on something like this.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Blame it on late-night snarkiness.

Apparently I'm the only one in this thread who didn't see "50 First Dates" (not an Adam Sandler fan), so I have no idea how the movie ended. But I do understand how Lois would feel completely left behind when she finds out she's suffering from this type of amnesia.

However, you gave us a ray of hope when she got irritated at Clark because of something she kinda sorta almost but not quite remembered. And I'm betting you're going to explain the haircut to us, too. I remember being so surprised at the different hair that I wasn't sure it was Lois out on the airport tarmac trying to chase down those bad guys in the opening shot of "Contact." And I was always disappointed that the style change was never explained, sort of like the sudden head ridges for Klingons in Star Trek between the original series and the movies.

Please keep collaborating! This is an interesting premise, and you've got me hooked. Write more soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey there, dinamic duo! [Linked Image]

Here we go again…...

<Clark Kent is Superman.>

Lois sat up in bed, sucking in a sharp breath. Her alarm clock was blaring beside the bed. She reached out and smacked it to turn it off.

What had she been dreaming about before she woke up?

<Clark Kent is Superman.>

What?
Oh, no. Not again. [Linked Image]

“I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have *called* you like this. I’m fine. Or mostly fine. I’m just a little out of sorts this morning. Did something happen to my hair when you froze me? I mean, did it break off or something? Because it’s shorter this morning and I’m a little worried. I know it must be post-traumatic stress or something because I don’t remember anything after you froze me...”
Well... it leaves 'just' 48 revelations. Poor Lois. Poor Clark. I want to cry! [Linked Image]

“Lois.” He took her hands and sat down, coaxing her to sit next to him. “You have amnesia.”
Not a simple amnesia. She has daily amnesia. grumble

Does she have any family in the area that can stay with her for a while?”

“She doesn’t have any family living in the immediate area, no. But I’ll definitely contact them and see what I can arrange.
Her family isn't a good idea. [Linked Image] They'd turn things worse.

In the meantime, I guess she’ll be stuck with me.” Just what he didn’t want. He was supposed to be limiting his contact with her, especially as Superman... now he was going to have to watch over her constantly...
Great! I hope he doesn't mess it up again... and again... and again... and again... (make it 50 times) [Linked Image] A daily break up would be unbearable. Traumatic. Inhuman. Cruel. <Insert 50 bad adjectives here>

Permanent?

He hoped the doctor was wrong.
Me too. wallbash Where is Kryptonite when you need it?

Wait. Why did she do that? Why did she think that?

Why did she feel that way about Clark?

She smiled. It wasn’t a memory - not yet - but it was a feeling about a memory.
There's hope. [Linked Image]

So... when is next part? When?

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
I haven't seen 50 First Dates either. Had no idea how it ended until reading the FDK on this story.

disappointed that the style change was never explained, sort of like the sudden head ridges for Klingons in Star Trek between the original series and the movies.
Oh, but Terry, didn't you know? The Klingons evolved. wink

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think the 'subtle' remark was my favorite line!

Great progress. Looking forward to more soon.

James, who promises something for your mailbox today...

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
Great part! thumbsup

wallbash Argh! Clark can be just as dense as his molecular structure sometimes. When will he figure out that trying to distance himself from Lois is a lost cause?

I liked the bug analogy too. Poor Lois, comparing her brain to a splattered bug!

Looking forward to the next part!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okat time for the real FDK:

She got up out of bed and turned on the light. As she walked towards the bathroom, she noticed a potted plant on the floor that hadn’t been there before.
Haha, at least you didn’t make her trip over it again. smile Poor thing.

“I took your key last night,” he admitted, producing the missing key. “The doctor told you that you shouldn’t be driving and so I... took it for safekeeping,” he half-mumbled.

She frowned at him. “So you just took it?” She yanked her hand away from his, grabbing her key back from him and gesturing wildly with her other hand. “Just like that, no discussion? Did you know that I wouldn’t remember again this morning? Is that why?”
He did it to keep you from waking up this morning and trying to drive yourself in the stubborn way you always do. If you had gotten the darned keys you would have driven yourself as well! Stubborn woman. frown

Clark felt a sharp pain in his chest. Was this some kind of cosmic penance for the way he had broken up with her? Was he going to have to relive telling her that they couldn’t be together until he found a way to do it without traumatizing her?
No, most likely it will be until you figure out you are being ridiculous and that Lois needs you right now. Stupid man. (Yes I like to hurl insults at the protagonists of the story)

He smiled pleasantly at her. “We’ll need to have you fill out some paperwork. Then we’ll need to set up a schedule for you to come in so I can monitor your progress. Let me get you a sample of it that you can take tonight and I’ll schedule you to come back in the morning to fill out the information for the clinical trial. Okay? That is, unless you have any further questions...”
I hope it works. *crosses fingers*

Permanent? The word gave him a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. He may have told Lois that they couldn’t be together, but that didn’t mean he could turn his back on his feelings for her that easily. It wasn’t like flipping a light switch.

He loved her.
Of course you do… and you should be with her! Gah, it’s to bad there isn’t someone strong enough to hit him on the head and knock some sense into him.

“She doesn’t have any family living in the immediate area, no. But I’ll definitely contact them and see what I can arrange. In the meantime, I guess she’ll be stuck with me.” Just what he didn’t want. He was supposed to be limiting his contact with her, especially as Superman... now he was going to have to watch over her constantly...
Ahaha, stuck with him. I’m sure she would rather be stuck with him than with Ellen. *shudder* I would anyway… But I think most of us would rather be stuck with him. ^_~

Her frown deepened into a scowl - she didn’t remember. Somehow she felt a certain kinship to that bug. Her brains were a scattered mess, too.
I can only imagine what it would be like to have this kind of trauma. How horrible it must be to wake up every day and not remember anything that has happened. For those people that never recover it has to be such a shock to wake up and look in the mirror and see such an older version of yourself. frown

She rubbed her thumb softly against the back of his hand – more tingles – and then she ran it a little further up his hand, relishing the smoothness of his skin... the polished perfection of Superman. He had such nice hands; so soft and warm, with such tantalizingly long fingers. She laced her fingers in between his.
Fascination with the length of his fingers again? Which one of you wrote that one I wonder? ^_~ LOL

Great chapter guys, and as much as I keep begging, you know I will support you both in whatever ending you choose. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
You two are sure doing a great job of breaking my heart, yet again and I'm sure again and again and again. laugh

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Look at all this fdk. I'd better get to replying!

First, Lisa, I have to say that I was tickled to death to see you start this thread like only a minute after I had posted the story. My jaw dropped open. laugh

Yeah, I know, ethics, ethics.
You know "ethics" are a funny thing when it comes to matters of the heart... <shrug> laugh

Thank you for the fdk!

Hi alcyone! I am so glad you liked my research on amnesia and neurobiology. I was hoping to at least "sound" like I knew what I was talking about. wink I had a couple of links on the subject that I meant to post with this part, but I forgot. I have since gone back and put the links at the bottom of the post. Your fdk reminded me - so thanks.

I'm glad you liked that part about Lois being angry and not understanding why. I could just see her "not remembering" what had happened, but still feeling all those emotions there, right below the surface - and wondering what they were there for. Thanks for the comments.

Hi Jen! Such rage against poor Clark. goofy Glad you're enjoying the ride, though!

Hi Woody. Glad you liked the "bug part". I had written Lois staring out the window of her Jeep and Sue asked me in her beta - what is she looking at? Someone walking past? A building? A bug on the windshield? As soon as she said that, it got my wheels turning - and that's what was the result. (Thanks Sue! laugh ) Thanks for the fdk Woody.

Hi there Ann...

Quote: Hmmmm. Why do I find it rather hard to sympathize with him?

Hmmm, I just don't know. I just can't imagine why you would find it hard to sympathize with him. (That was my attempt at sarcasm in case you didn't catch it. wink )

And yes, Lois's humor was always morbid. Hee hee. Thanks for the fdk Ann. We'll be back soon.

Ha! Nancy, I loved the comment you made about his suit. You silly thing. <g> Thanks for the fdk.

Oh, Jojo. When I saw your first fdk, I had to laugh. The court is open to hear your pleas - judgment is pending and the verdict is uncertain. wink

Oooh, and then you left additional fdk:

Thanks for the comment about the keys. Couldn't you just see Clark taking them? Because he thought she would be mad and would drive herself? He'd rather risk her wrath than see her hurt herself (does that make any of you feel even a little less irritable with him? <g>)

Okay, I just had to quote and respond to this. I laughed with Sue about this:

quote: She rubbed her thumb softly against the back of his hand – more tingles – and then she ran it a little further up his hand, relishing the smoothness of his skin... the polished perfection of Superman. He had such nice hands; so soft and warm, with such tantalizingly long fingers. She laced her fingers in between his.

Fascination with the length of his fingers again? Which one of you wrote that one I wonder? ^_~ LOL
Hah! Fooled you! I bet you thought that part was written by Sue? <blush> Nope, it was me. I wrote it "for" Sue - and she enjoyed it. laugh

Quote: you know I will support you both in whatever ending you choose. [Linked Image]

Thanks Jojo!

Hi Terry! So glad to see you here... does this mean I can have my blueberry pancakes back now? wink

I don't know how much will be explained about the haircut. I started that little fun snippet and Sue took it and ran with it. It just seemed like such a funny thing, for Lois to wake up and have to relive that haircut every morning. laugh

Thanks for the fdk Terry!

Andreia!

Quote: I want to cry! -- There, there, poor Andreia, don't cry. [Linked Image]

Quote: Where's Kryptonite when you need it?

My goodness! Such hostility against poor Clark! People threatening him with beatings and Kryptonite...

When is the next part? I'm not sure. We are currently in "bouncing" mode. I hope to have it up sometime over the weekend. How's that for vague?
[Linked Image]

Sorry if the story and discussion spoiled the ending of the movie for you Lisa. It's a good movie. A little sad... but...

Hi James! Subtle remark? The one where the doctor tells Clark that her condition could be permanent and Clark thinks "So much for subtlety?" Hee hee. Glad you liked it. Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Angelic! When will Clark figure it out? DJ checks her notes... Sorry, that information is classified... wink Glad you liked the "Bug" - it seems a lot of you did. Thanks!

Hi Jackie! Us? You think we're gonna keep breaking your heart? Again and again and again... ahem, why would you ever think that? Thanks for the comments.

Thank you all so much! I appreciated every single comment! (And I know Sue did too...) We'll hopefully have part 4 up sometime this weekend.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
great part and I loved the movie with Drew. smile1

Poor Lois and poor Clark.

Can't wait for the next part but my brain doesn't work anymore. I am too tired to think straight. Sorry.

Girls you rock. Keep it coming. smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
Was he going to have to relive telling her that they couldn’t be together until he found a way to do it without traumatizing her?
Please tell me this isn't a subtle clue as to how the rest of the story is going to pan out. laugh Otherwise, certain aspects of this story remind me of the film Groundhog Day - not sure if that's a good sign or not. <g>

Yvonne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yea, another chapter

dance

She rubbed her thumb softly against the back of his hand – more tingles – and then she ran it a little further up his hand, relishing the smoothness of his skin... the polished perfection of Superman. He had such nice hands; so soft and warm, with such tantalizingly long fingers. She laced her fingers in between his.
Excellent adjective! Thanks Metro for continuing the fantasy :p

doublel

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mrs. Mosley wrote:
Oh, but Terry, didn't you know? The Klingons evolved. [Wink]
In less than 20 years? Did they evolve the long hair too?

I know how I feel when I walk into a room and wonder what the heck I came in there for. I can't imagine how Lois is going to feel every morning for a while. Please be kind to her.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In less than 20 years? Did they evolve the long hair too?
for the record, I think it's more like 70 years. Between the Original Series and The Next Generation, it's something like that...

We don't know how they evolved, though, really. According to Worf in "Trials and Tribble-ations" (Deep Space Nine epiosde that's just brilliant!) they "do not talk about it". Nice way of explaining things, huh?

(yeah, yeah, I know all this stuff off the top of my head... big time trekkie... *lol*)

Now.... on to actual feed back. cause I"m so off topic, it hurts... wink

I'm loving that it starts all over again like the first time. That whole "groundhog day" thing - I just love it. smile

She frowned at him. “So you just took it?” She yanked her hand away from his, grabbing her key back from him and gesturing wildly with her other hand. “Just like that, no discussion? Did you know that I wouldn’t remember again this morning? Is that why?”

“No, that’s not it, I...”

“If you didn’t want me to drive, all you had to do was offer to drive me. It’s simple. You didn’t have to take my key!”

He mentally shook his head. Oh, if only it were that simple.
I'm sure it's not really supposed to be, but I find that part just plain hilarious. Poor Clark. I truly feel for him. But man, it's just so funny!!

Great explanation about the whole amnesia issue. smile Reminds me of a documentary I saw about this man who could only remember a few minutes at a time and then poof, gone again... poor man. And poor man's family. frown I hope Lois gets her memory back eventually!!!

He was Superman – he was *always* right... or at least *thought* he was. She rolled her eyes in disgust.
ah! looks like she might. hehe - that's going to be fun to "watch". smile

Can't wait to see what happens next! (well, I mean, I have a good idea... Lois wakes up and we realize she's forgotten again. hehehe! but you know... after that. LOL)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard