Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Online Content
Beat Reporter
Are you guys still there? I hope the wait didn't make you forget about this story.

You know that comments are always appreciated smile

Cris

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting. razz

Clark :rolleyes: frown

Luthor razz razz

Lucy thumbsup

MAF frown

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Cristina,

Of course, I'm still here!!!!!!

Glad to see another great sections.

I especially liked:

***His faith in her fed her own faith in herself

Awwwww.

Nice ---

Now, that the wedding day is dawning, I hope we can get the rest soon.

Barb.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Cris

WOW! This is excellent. razz
A great characterization!

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Cristina,
Glad you're back - of course we're still here
great part
more soon please
merry

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, glad you're back. I did have to go back and re-read the other parts to remember what happened before, but I'm still here reading.

Not for the first time, he’d behaved selfishly, ignoring the repercussions his stupid acts could have on everyone he cared about. His mom and dad, his friends... Lois.
We were a bit concerned before as to why his first reaction wasn't to go protect his parents. Guess this explains it. He didn't understand the impact of the whole thing until he saw Luthor face-to-face. The first thing after leaving now should be to get them to a safe place.

“What do you want, Luthor?”

Smiling, he replied, “A few days back I would have thought that was obvious but now I’m not even sure myself. I’ve spent quite some time pondering my options, yet I haven’t been able to decide on any. Though I certainly hope you’ve had the time to think things through and reconsider.”

With great effort, Clark tried to remain calm. Losing his patience would lead him nowhere, he reminded himself. “Reconsider what, Luthor? Working for you?”

“Well, now that you mention, that too. But I was actually referring to something else. Boy, your memory is a little comatose lately, isn’t it? I was simply ‘hoping’ you’d changed your mind about attending the wedding.”
I guess Luthor's starting small, trying to get Clark to do something that wouldn't compromise his integrity. Later, he'll probably try to get Clark to do something evil.

With great care, he pulled out a small, black box. “I don’t want you to see this as a threat. It actually shouldn’t be. Given your current situation, this is probably the smallest of your worries, but...” As he opened the box, a soft green glow lighted the room.
Wonder what Lois would say if Clark told her Luthor had kryptonite and is now blackmailing him? She probably wouldn't believe it, maybe?

Make mom and dad – even Lois- saf... proud.
Uh, huh. Just a slight slip of the tongue. thumbsup

Most of that, however, had been clouded by her latest discoveries. Lucy had told her to try and see things from a different perspective, but which? There was no way she could ignore his lies.

<<But there was a reason... and you know you’re not being fair. >>

That voice again. When had Lois Lane grown a conscience? Furthermore, when had she grown a conscience that showed so adamantly all the things she tried so hard to ignore? After all, did Clark’s reasons for hiding his secret matter? A lie was always a lie. It was a matter of trust.

<<Oh, please, listen to yourself! When did YOU give him a reason to trust you in the first place? He had to put up with your ignoring him for weeks before you began giving him a small fraction of your attention. >>
Lois is starting to figure out that Clark isn't necessarily being evil or a "typical male" by not telling her since she never really trusted him completely. I'm a bit surprised that Clark never used the reason that Lois is too close to Superman's (not Clark's) arch enemy to tell her. Lois was thinking about him and being mad at him in terms of him being only Clark. She never thinks of his reasons as Superman why it would be a really bad idea to tell anyone about his secret.
And it hit her. Clark had been there for her, unconditionally, whether he’d been wearing one of his wild ties or that spandex suit of his; it was always his concern for her well being that surfaced. How could she not have noticed? How could all the outstanding qualities she’d seen in Superman have looked so dull? Or had they? Because it really wasn’t that she’d never realized how gentle Clark was, how compassionate. <<No, Clark’s so much more than that, >> she thought. <<He’s generous, caring...>> Sorrowfully, she realized that no one could ever offer the kind of love Clark had; no one would ever love her like he did SHE would never love anyone then way she loved him.
She finally figured out that one lie doesn't define a person's character. And it looks like she's figured out she loves him. But in typical L&C fashion, they always think it's too late for them. She needs Ellen Lane to make her see it's not too late, assuming she's there in this story. Or maybe Lucy since she is there.

Can't wait for the next part. thumbsup Is this wrapping up in 2 or 3 more parts?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Kerth
Kerth
drool

I would like to see part 9 soon wink

Is this wrapping up in 2 or 3 more parts?
I hope so... :p

Jose ( hyper ducking from her wrath)

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You are really putting them in the most terrible circumstances: Lois have to marry Lex - or else...

However, Luthor is very vain like evil men usually are - I believe therein lies the means to save Clark.

This was great:

because no one would ever put up with her –all of her- the way he did. Because no one would be there for her whenever she needed them, even if it was for the most trivial of issues.

And it hit her. Clark had been there for her, unconditionally, whether he’d been wearing one of his wild ties or that spandex suit of his; it was always his concern for her well being that surfaced. How could she not have noticed? How could all the outstanding qualities she’d seen in Superman have looked so dull? Or had they? Because it really wasn’t that she’d never realized how gentle Clark was, how compassionate. <<No, Clark’s so much more than that, >> she thought. <<He’s generous, caring...>> Sorrowfully, she realized that no one could ever offer the kind of love Clark had; no one would ever love her like he did SHE would never love anyone then way she loved him.

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
OP Online Content
Beat Reporter
smile1 (that's me, pretty escited to know you guys are still around!)

I have to apologize again because part 9 is going to be a little late. I have some of it written and most outlined in my head (or in scribbled notes that still have to make it to my computer). I didn't expect my last exam to be taking so much of my time. But I'm done on Monday, so this will hopefully be my last delay.

Maria, aren't you being a little hard on Lois? She is doing some serious thinking. wait for part nine, and see if it makes your opinion change (even if slightly)

Barb, I'm really glad that you're still around, and yes, this should be solved (in my own, non-evil way evil ) in no more than three parts (hopefully, it'll be only two, but you know what muses do sometimes wink )

Tricia said:

I hope Lois realizes that it isn’t too late to talk to Clark. She can’t possibly marry Luthor now. NO WAY!!
Er... how do I tell you this? Are you really expecting Lois to not marry Luthor? Would it be enough if she just changed her reasons? evil

me said:

The first thing after leaving now should be to get them to a safe place.
I actually hadn't thought of that. If he did, what I'm writing right now wouldn't work, but if you think about it, one would definitely expect him to run to Smallville... Now you've given me something to think about...

I've noticed that she's become the voice of reason for her sister in a lot of recent stories. I like it. Go, Lucy!
Well, we only got to see Lucy twice in the show (at the very beginning and in Metallo, if I'm not mistaken), but to me, the first season Lucy was better defined. I guess that's why she's having such an important role in some fics these days. Though I must say I've ahd this scene written for months (it was one of the first things I wrote for this story, apart from the main story line)

Gabriele, Merry. I'm so happy you're still enjoying this story.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Tricia, Merry, Gabriele, me, Barb and Maria: you guys are great.

Cris

PS. No, I didn't forget about you, J, I intentionally left you out. You deserve no less :p

Cris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard