Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm beginning to think that this writing combo might be dangerous. They might think up new and *inventive* ways to play with the readers.

Great story. But as the "breakup" was not one of the best parts of the show, please do not relive it too many times.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yum, the second part! I love guilty Clark.

Personally, I am quite fond of the break up and the possibilities it opened. I love Clark's "stroke of genius" in how to protect her-- him telling her he loved her just before was especially key. smile Yes I'm being sarcastic, just in case.

Anyway, I'm game for any sort of fun repeats of that. Especially involving Lois calling him out on it and it's rather murky logic. We didn't get nearly enough of that I thought. This is a step in the right direction. Looking forward to more.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She didn't remember, didn't know, about the night on Spencer Spencer's island when he had bared his soul to her. She didn't remember any of those kisses and, somehow, her forgetting them now made it seem as if none of that had ever happened. The ache in his chest increased.
Awww…

Well, I'm hoping you add more waffiness. After reading the first part, I was thinking this was going to be a mostly waffy (not all) story, but this part had no waffiness. I'm thinking the idea of continually forgetting what you did would present a lot of situations that would be funny. (And the movie was a comedy.) So now I'm wondering if I got it wrong?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Columnist
Columnist
*foreheaddesk*

Sometimes lunkhead-Clark is kind of endearing. Sometimes he makes me want to hit him upside the head with a Kryptonite 2x4 (and I'm sure Lois would agree). The breakup was one of those 2x4 times for me, and this is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

But if my obsession with LnC fanfiction has taught me anything, it's that I'm somewhat of an emotional masochist. So please, by all means, keep up the torture (and I'm going to keep telling myself that it will only make the waffy, non-torture parts all the better).

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, DJ, Sue, I was just being so ungrateful about Sue's Brakelight story frown so I just want to say that I am very grateful for this one, really and truly! Well, believe it or not, I just saw 50 First Dates with Reese Witherspoon and Whatsisname, and I love the idea that the two of you are writing a story on the same theme! (No, Sue, 50 First Dates in not the Clark of 50 First Dates, so I'm open to other propositions.... wink )

Of course, seeing how I feed off WAFF, I hope there will be a moderately WAFFy ending to this story, eventually. Not right away, no, that's not at all necessary.... (Particularly since I always like watching guilty Clark.) I'm kind of hoping, however, that Lois will regain her memory after a while. The idea of waking up every morning thinking you have just been frozen by Superman who was enough of a jerk not to tell you that he was Clark Kent before he sent you to the Arctic realms of slumberland - well, that's not the kind of life I'd like to have myself.

Ah, but this is fascinating stuff! Really! Okay, here's the deal. I promise I'll be enthusiastic about every part of this story until a major criminal enters the scene and starts messing with Lois and Clark's - probably mostly Lois's - life. Can't pretend I'm ever happy about that sort of thing, but as for the other stuff - Clark trying to deal with Lois's amnesia and his own guilt at breaking up with her, as well as his added guilt at having frozen her, possibly triggering her amnesia. Yay! <rubbing hands together gleefully, anticipating much delightful Clark guilt>

But, Clark? You know that Egghead in the movie who fell in love with Reese Witherspoon's amnesiac character? You know how hard he worked to get her? You think you have been trying hard to win Lois before you gave up and broke up with her, compared to what Egghead did for Reese? Tsk, tsk! Come on, boy, back to work with you!
hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

Ann

woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Ann, just to let you know, the leading lady in that film was Drew Barrymore.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Can I have permission to punch Clark on the nose and tell him to knock some sense into that thick skull of his? wink

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
sloppy )

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've only had time to read half of it yet - but I LOVE it! I'll come back later for the rest! (and real feedback!!)

[edit:] I cannot wait to find out what happens next. If the title really is an indication of how the story is going to go, I have to say as much as I like Clark and feel sorry for him..... it serves him right for making this really brain-dead decision that she shouldn't be with him cause it's dangerous. MEN! (lol!) I do hope he has to go through a few "loops" with Lois telling him his reasonning is flawed!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! grumble

Clark looked down at the key he held in his hand. He leaned his head back against the hallway wall next to Lois’s front door. This was worse than last night. An emergency had called Superman away last night. Actually several emergencies. He’d had a busy night.

But not so busy that he hadn't replayed their final words over and over. He couldn't shake the memory of the pain in her eyes and the ache in her voice. He had consoled himself that he at least he hadn't had to withstand the fury of her words.
Clark needs a lesson. grumble

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Well that was painful. mecry laugh notworthy

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all this encouraging feedback. Woody, you think our combo is "dangerous"? Well, I'll take that as a compliment - hopefully Sue will too. laugh

Alcyone, I personally like guilty Clark too... almost as much as angry/possessive Clark. laugh Glad you're enjoying it.

Nancy there will be waff, promise, (would you expect any less from Sue or I? -- but then again, how can you not expect some angst too? ) and hopefully you'll agree some funny parts. However this story is only "based" on 50 First Dates. It was based on the basic premise - from there it becomes it's own story.

Jessi - torture? Who us? Never...

Hi Ann! Yes, this idea was based on 50 First Dates with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler... but with a little DJ spice and Sue twist for good measure. I hope you enjoy the outcome and very glad to have your "enthusiasm". laugh

Yvonne - you have my permission... but just don't come back crying when you hurt your hand... wink

Jojo, do you honestly think Sue is going to listen to you anymore than I would? I mean honestly, she's my "evil" queen - remember? I learned from her. angel-devil But beg all you want if it means fdk. laugh

Thanks Lara - Brain-dead huh? Interesting choice of words since Lois is the one who seems to have lost her mind.

Thanks for the fdk Maria and Jackiek!

And thank you Sue, who continued to work on adding her own little special touch to the story even while she was dealing with a stomach bug <me hugs Sue - feel better>

Thank you all! Not sure when part 3 will be coming exactly, takes a little longer when 2 authors are collaborating together. You can be assured though that as soon as we get it lined out - it will be here.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Nice chapter, ladies! I feel so bad for both of them, but most especially Lois. Clark is being a lunkhead, so that takes away some of my sympathy for him. smile

This chapter made me think of a Martha Kent quote in a SR fanfic that I love:

“You think no one else has the right to carry any burdens. But in this world everyone still has to. I do, and she [Lois] does. You try to carry them all, and you’ll fall out of the sky. And all you accomplished was denying folks their right to a say in which burdens they bear.”

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Keep it up! I'll be reading!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Great work, you guys! I look forward to more. thumbsup

I loved 50 First Dates, it'll be interesting to see what you do with this story. I second that on the better (happier) ending, though. The ending of 50 First Dates was just so sad--imagine waking up every morning, finding out you have a husband and kids, and not even remembering giving birth? What a terrible thought.

Hopefully Clark will get his lunkheadness in check soon!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lisa. Yes, this was a time in the series when Clark was a particularly dense lunkhead. laugh Thanks for the fdk.

Hi there Jen! Thanks, glad to have you!

Ooops, looks like Jojo has a supporter in her camp. Thanks for the fdk symbolicangel - and I agree with what you said about 50 First Dates. I kept wondering what she must have been thinking when she would wake up 8 or 9 months pregnant. That had to be a little scary, didn't it?

Thanks everyone!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am liking this and someone needs to post more sooner smile

wildguy <- my turn hehe

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Kelli! I don't know how I missed your sweet little comment. laugh

Oh, and I *did* post some more. laugh

-- MR angel-devil

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard