Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Jessi this was totally adorable. I loved every line. A wonderful explanation/idea for the picture of Clark with the Superman logo tattoo'd on his arm.

I loved the thought of Clark not being able to hold his liquor because of exposure to Kryptonite. And then thinking he was man enough to take it, even if he wasn't Superman? Hah! That was priceless.

You write the characters so well - I could totally see them at the bar and the tattoo parlor and when he came stumbling out of the bank.

I say we need a sequel. We need to see what Lois thinks/does when she puts 2 and 2 together. Oh, and maybe she'll get a tattoo too at some point, to match his - then we'll have a complete "photo".

But wonderful job! Thanks for sharing -- and I hope you are off in fantasy land right now, dreaming up another story as good as this one.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
notworthy !!!G R E A T !!! notworthy

I'm still rotflol

Clark getting drunk because Lois forced him to was really prizeless. I enjoyed every bit of this.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
Haha, wow this was a great little fic. I loved it. Perfect. I loved his tirade about being Superman and being able to beat Lois, when he was drunk.

Just a great story. I hope we get to see more from you soon. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
lol. I love it. The images are brilliant. I especially love the drunk scene, and Clark's...ahem..."Superman" complex laugh

Thanks for posting! It was great!

SmirkyRaven

Columnist
Columnist
blush Thank you all! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had fun writing it, anyway.

Darn it, MR, a gal can't even write a goofy little fic without you coming along and inspiring her to do more? wink

Well maybe I will. Though it might have to wait for my finals to be over.

Who am I kidding? Finals take a back seat to Lois and Clark any day!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Very funny! And a good excuse to look at a nice photo:

[Linked Image]

laugh

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL of course his skin would break the Tattoo needle unless Kryptonite was involved. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
Haha, yeah.
I was thinking about tattoos then "Mmm, Clark with a tattoo..." popped into my head. Then I thought "Well... he'd have to be exposed to kryptonite... and I can't picture Clark ever actually getting a tattoo, so he'd probably have to be drunk, which he'd have to be exposed to kryptonite for anyway... STORY TIME!" goofy

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
LOL! Love it! Totally cute!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He had an inkling even at the beginning,
Cute play on words.

Cute little story.

Did you do this in answer to the challenge?

Tatoo challenge

I think my avatar suggests a sequel... shouldn't Lois have a matching tatoo... rotflol

Here's the avatar... (You never know when I might change it again)
[Linked Image]

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Columnist
Columnist
I didn't even know about the challenge!

I do have a little sequel in the works. Lois doesn't get a tattoo in it, but I'm trying to formulate one where she does.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehehe - I loved it, it was excellent!

This:
But at the same time, there were a few “anythings” he would give his right arm and all his superpowers to have Lois do to...er... for him...
was simply priceless!!

well done! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute story. Instead of a S Shield she should have made him get a heart with an arrow through it with her name. We all know he would've in that drunken mood. A little more obvious to the originality of "Clark's tattoo". I could see SM explaining the S shield tat away as he always had it.

This again leads to the question, why does he still have a tattoo after regaining his invulnerability? You'd think he would have "healed" the tattoo away. Then, Lois's question would be to Clark, "What happened to your tattoo?"

Fun story! Glad LabRat bumped it up!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Before someone else here tries the search feature - which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to work properly - and decides to manually search until page 1074 of this forum, I'll add a link to the story:
http://bluesdiary.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Stupidity_355x330.jpg
*grumbles*

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here's the TOC Labby created: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/253900/

wave Michael

Edit:
rotflol That was awesome, Jessi! Too late for long FDK tonight, though frown

Last edited by Darth Michael; 05/11/14 04:35 PM. Reason: Just read it

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lara Joelle Kent
Before someone else here tries the search feature - which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to work properly - and decides to manually search until page 1074 of this forum, I'll add a link to the story:
[Linked Image]
*grumbles*
Sorry, Lara. blush I thought my mention of Labby's bump would be enough of a hint. She updated the TOC page (which Michael thankfully already shared). I saw it listed on the Active last night and needed another excuse not to go to bed. This was the perfect one. smile Yeah, the new way to "search" for a story takes a while to get used to. Basically, get rid of all date parameters and make sure you highlight which forum to look in. (The play on the name of the story in the FDK thread might have been hindrance as well.) The story was originally called "Man of Ink" and it was written by the newly renamed MetroChumpy (is that one word or two?)

/FYI: you also clicked link instead of image for your stupidity picture, which is why it didn't originally show./

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Haha, thanks guys! And thanks for the new link. This story is old enough that I cringe when I read it, but I'm glad people can still get a kick out of it.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Instead of a S Shield she should have made him get a heart with an arrow through it with her name.

I like it! Maybe it's time for an update/sequel. wink

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
You'd think he would have "healed" the tattoo away.

I suppose that's true, but he could just heal the actual wound and still have the ink there. Maybe. We'll have to consult Bernie on that.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
That was awesome, Jessi!

Thanks, Michael! I'm glad to see you still around here.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Jessi! Now back with real FDK blush
Two drinks ago he had realized this was a really bad idea.

It had seemed like a good idea at the time, as these things often do.
Get Lois drunk and see what happens? Yeah, not a good idea laugh

but thanks to a sudden and unexpected exposure to kryptonite, he didn't have to worry about that tonight.
Oh boy.
CLARK: sick
LOIS: What’s the matter, Clark? Never been drunk before?

Due to that same sudden and unexpected exposure to kryptonite, he wasn't in the highest of spirits
So, let’s get some high proof spirits?

The woman who was currently, and quite contentedly, drinking him under the table.
Oooooh!

He could handle this. He was a man. Heck, he was Superman. Even if he wasn't so super at the moment.
So…liquid courage? /waits for them to head home and wake up naked the next morning evil /

Oblivious, she held up her index finger to signal that there was only one more drink to go, and would have gouged out his eye if it hadn't been for his glasses.
That would have been awkward.

“Last drink... and the loser has to do anything the winner wants!”
[Linked Image]

But at the same time, there were a few “anythings” he would give his right arm and all his superpowers to have Lois do to...er... for him...

Not that he would take advantage of a situation such as this to get one of those things. He was a gentleman. He was Superman, after all.
Right. But what about tomorrow when she’s sober again. He could offer her the chance to pay up. She’d have to decide whether to own up or live with reneging on her bet.

She lifted her own drink to tap against his in concession, hollered out the usual countdown from three, then tipped her bottle up and poured the liquid down her throat before he had even taken a swig, leaving him wide-eyed and slack-jawed in her wake.
[Linked Image]
That doesn’t sound very ladylike of her.
LOIS: /*BUUUUURP*/ Huh?

When he still didn't budge her features softened and he knew he was in real trouble now.

She let go of his arm and slid her hand along his shoulder, then downwards across his broad chest to grab his tie again. This time there was no table between them, and she was able to get him much closer. Pressing her body against his, her lips mere inches away from his own, she all but purred, “For me, Clark? You'll do it just for me, wont you?”
Oh boy. Her womanly whiles. He probably is in trouble now.

No one even seemed to notice his horrified look as he stared down at the familiar red and yellow 'S' shield she was already planning to get inked onto his bicep.
clap
[Linked Image]

He followed her gaze, down to the place where a tear in his suit exposed his upper arm, and the symbol there.

“Superman, why do you have the same tattoo as Clark...?”
So…oops?

That was fun, Jessi!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard