Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
H'm. Mostly A-plot again. So, are you all bored yet?

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A-ha, the plot thickens!

Good for Lois, putting the pieces together and realizing that LNN and the Star are spinning the news. I hope she can do an expose on that, or something... smile

It took me a minute to remember who Rosemary Tierney was -- wow, this is a surprise. But now I'm dying to know what she knows, and if she can help bring down Luthor.

And the bits with Lois & CJ thinking about each other were really sweet smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

"I... I am carrying out an investigation into Luthor's activities. I'm looking for evidence that will bring him down. If you can help me in that..." He let the unfinished thought drift between them. The implication was clear, however. The more Tierney could help him, the more inclined he would be to help her. Indeed, the more reason he would have to help her. He reinforced the message by adding, "You help me and I'll help you."
eek I don't trust that Tierney.

He wished Lois was here to help him. She probably did stuff like this every day.

Thinking about Lois gave him confidence. Odd, he thought, how he could draw strength simply from the thought of her.

He took a deep breath then began to talk.
He is learning. But, the once who should talk is Tierney and Mayson not CJ.

confused Tierney, I don't trust her much and Mayson can be manipulate.

More soon, please.

MAF smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Yep, totally bored. wink

Actually you presented a couple of nifty breakthroughs here. Lois was able to 'see' another way to possibly attack Luthordom by backchecking to see if he is controlling his media outlets.

And Clark has the potential of an insider's view on the world of Luthor and that could entail quite a bit of juicy stuff. Of course, it could all be a set up to find out what he knows and how he was able to get the Allen mistrial. Either way, there are some interesting times ahead.

Also, we do have the potential for some good whams coming up. Too bad CJ stayed uncharacteristically unlunkheaded and didn't let slip that Lois was involved. Who knows what Luthor might have done to her if he knew. (Of course, he's not going to be too thrilled when her story hits the stands tomorrow)

WAIT... I see it all now. Luthor finds out about Clark's investigation (he beats it out of Rose and Mayson). So he sends a shooter out to take care of the troublesome Mr. Kent. While in the plain sight of dozens of eye witnesses (perhaps with Lois at his side), an assassin steps up and shoots Clark at close range. Not knowing what else to do he falls to the ground and fakes his death. Lois, still not that familiar with his powers thinks he has been killed and crys out his name as the van screams up and thugs jump out to drag the body away. Gosh! who knows where it could go from there?

Tank (who is still waiting for Lois' reaction to the picture of the other Lois that CJ has and how much better she looks in the shorter hairstyle)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooo. nice. both a-plot and b-plot.

the way they miss each other is very sweet. smile

looks like they're getting some nice leads, too. great idea having lois look for what's not there. cool.

this thing with mayson and rosemary is interesting. mayson seems to be pretty worried. i wonder where that will go.

oh, and btw, i really like the bit with cj using the superman voice in court. subtle but effective. nicely done.

then, at the end...

Thinking about Lois gave him confidence. Odd, he thought, how he could draw strength simply from the thought of her.
very nice touch.

great job, chris. looking forward to part 15. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris, I've gotten a little behind, I'm afraid. Lack of time, definitely not lack of interest. I'm still loving the story - you haven't lost me just because you're getting into a-plot now. smile

I had time earlier today to get caught up on the last three installments. I won't make detailed comments, but let me just mention here that I loved the waffy flight and conversation way back in Part 12. I just couldn't let it go by without saying anything... laugh

I'm afraid that I'm with Lois that it's rather hard to get too excited about dying fish (no matter how important it is), but I am very excited about Mayson and Rosemary coming to see CJ. Does this mean that I have to trust Mayson after all? I saw your comment that there is a Luthor wham coming... I think that something may happen to one of them. frown

I feel just like CJ earlier - just getting Lex on contamination charges isn't enough. It has to be bigger. :p Maybe whatever info that Mayson and Rosemary have, that presumably they're going to share with CJ, will help.

I'm anxious for more. Hopefully I can stay caught up for a while... goofy

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

Another excellent part! thumbsup
I love how Lois realizes what is happening at LNN and the Star.

What is Rosemary going to tell CJ? dizzy
You did a great job portraying Mayson and Rosemary's concern.

I can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great part(s, -- I am caught back up too!) and you definately did NOT lose me in the developement of the A-plot!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris
great segment
I can see Lois's brain working and now Mayson helping Clark
more soon please
merry

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Isn't it interesting how neither one of them was making any progress against Luthor until they started working together?

Can't wait for more.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, Krissie,

You've done it. <g> I hardly ever comment, but you've made me do it. wink I'm really enjoying this story, and I want to see how things work out. Post more soon.

BF

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nope, not bored at all. razz

Loved how Lois came up with a new angle to narrow the investigation. And why do I have the sudden feeling that Lois is going to find Mayson and Rosemary in CJ's apartment and jump to the wrong conclusions? eek In one way, Tank is right: this has been going way too smoothly. Not that I find smooth sailing, but I keep waiting for the WHAM to hit! laugh

Can't wait for MORE, Chris!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi, guys, and thanks for the comments! smile RL is really nasty and hectic at the moment, so you saying nice things is doubly wonderful.

Tank: sorry to tell you this, but CJ is actually surprisingly unlunkheaded in this story. At least, I think so. Also, re your suggestion for the way the plot is going to go: no.

Kathy:
Does this mean that I have to trust Mayson after all?
Yes. 'Fraid so.

BrightFeather: glad I prompted you to comment! Thank you.

I apologise for not replying to everyone else individually, but I have a mountain of work waiting for me in my living room, and I'd like to finish it sometime before midnight, if I can.

Chris (who'll quickly post part 15 before she braves the sofa again...)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard