WHEN: Sunday, April 21st, 17:30 UTC - 20:00 UTC
This translates to:
  • 10:30am PST
  • 11:30am MST
  • 1:30pm EST
  • 6:30pm BST
  • 7:30pm CEST
  • 3:30am AES

Don’t forget that this is just an estimate for how long the ceremony will last; with 19 categories to present, we imagine that it might be around 2 - 2 1/2 hours.

WHERE: Discord!

This will be our first Kerth ceremony on Discord, and we’re looking forward to celebrating 2024’s authors and creators with you there! 🥳

We recommend getting onto the Discord server and taking a look around before the ceremony if you’ve never been before. Give yourself a bit of time to get oriented — everyone in there is super friendly, and they’ll be happy to help out! If time allows this week, we may have a test channel where you can view the way the thread/stage works!

• If you haven’t signed up, it’s very easy - just click here!. thumbsup
  • The #kerth-ceremony channel itself (the main area where you chat) will be our “AUDIENCE” section, where EVERYONE can chat! There aren’t really any rules for this chat other than what exists here on the MBs (no politics, no gossip, be kind, keep things PG-13ish).
  • Inside the #kerth-ceremonychannel will be a threaded conversation called “THE STAGE.” On a browser, as well as the Discord desktop app, you can open this up to a split-view window so that you can see both the main channel and the thread. (It’s possible to do this on mobile via a browser window in landscape view, but it’s very tiny for obvious reasons!) The thread will be our STAGE, where we’ll have presenters present the awards! Nominees, have your speeches prepped to “come up to the stage/podium” and give an acceptance speech!
  • Keep in mind that the Kerth Awards Ceremony is a LIVE show! Just like any live awards ceremony—and especially since this is our first year using Discord—please keep in mind that anything can and will happen with tech! We’ve tested things, but give us a little grace when we inevitably iron out some kinks!

wave If there’s anything else you have questions or concerns about, please don’t hesitate to let us know on this post, in a MB message, by e-mail or in Discord!

And in the meantime, Kerth activities are still happening this week:
  • Voting ends tonight! It’s final call, so get your last votes in here!
  • We’re still looking for volunteers to present the awards (you don’t have to be there in person!), to help guide FoLCs to the official #kerth-ceremony channel, and to turn permissions on and off between the thread and the main channel, to keep the ‘stage’ clear. Just message anyone on the K-Com on the boards or Discord to join in the fun!
  • And Kerth Challenges are still out there for your imagination to take them up, up, and away to next year's Kerths!

Just one more week until we celebrate all of this year’s artists during a night in with your FoLC pocket friends on Discord! 🥰

🏆 See you at the Kerths! 🏆

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to watch the Kerth Awards Ceremony with all my pocket friends this year but I want to thank all the writers who wrote fics last year. You brought a lot of happiness to my life and I can’t thank you enough for that. I also want to thank the K-Com for your dedication and hard work because the Kerths wouldn’t be possible without you. Lastly, congratulations and good luck to all the nominees!!! It was hard voting for just one fic!

2 members like this: KSaraSara, Darth Michael
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
So, a question:
Will the ceremony via Discord be held in text form or will the "live show" be via the voice-channel (as in is it recommended to be prepared with a headset )?etc.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
So, a question:
Will the ceremony via Discord be held in text form or will the "live show" be via the voice-channel (as in is it recommended to be prepared with a headset )?etc.

Just text form! So no need for a headset or anything! Who knows, next year we might try and get fancy with sounds, but probably not. 😂

Hope to see you there!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard