Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Yay!! It’s finally finished!! Gosh, this languished for a while because I wasn’t sure what to do with it after he saved Mayson!! But then I slowly figured it out, fought with it (and RL time constraints) a bit, and here we are.

I’m very eager to find out what you think!! Tell me all the things, please!! love

TOC
Chapter 1

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
OOh, I like this a lot. See more kisses! No door slam, just more kissing.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay ^_^
The way it should have happened!
I am curious about how Mayson will treat Superman from now on though....
Anyway, loved this :3

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
OOh, I like this a lot. See more kisses! No door slam, just more kissing.

Right??? The kissing was way more intense that I thought it would be!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
will proceed to return some of the exclamation points you left on another fic laugh

Wonderful!!! When's the next part? And what a kiss!!!!!

saves some exclamation points for part two.

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by Toomi8
will proceed to return some of the exclamation points you left on another fic laugh

Wonderful!!! When's the next part? And what a kiss!!!!!

saves some exclamation points for part two.

EEEE!! I love exclamation points!! But you knew that … lol I’m so glad you liked the kissing!! GAH! Next part is now! Thanks so much for the feedback!

Sara smile

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I saw that you posted part one before I went to bed. Now I'm catching up and see that you've got part two posted already. That will have to wait until later.

Loved this one a lot. I think this is one of my favorite types of revelation, where he has no time to come up with an excuse to dart off and change into the suit. The silent communication between Lois and Clark was great!!!

I felt Clark's anguish because Lois put off the conversation he was so desperate to have right now. But at least she reassured him she isn't about to rip out his spleen. Agreed, this is how the episode should have been.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

What if Clark had made it to save Mayson on time?
This sudden influx of Mayson-lives stories is really interesting. I wonder if this means the time it's right for a story where Clark ends up with Mayson and Lois with Call-Call-Me-Daniel?

. A WHOLE thing! With the dang a-plot and everything.
And yet, just two parts, not twenty.

But in any case, I need to thank AnnaBtG and SuperBek and Socomama and lovetvfan and Queen of the Capes.
So, got a Royal Flush on your hand?

You slammed the door in my face last night,” Clark said, pausing their walking and turning towards her.
That’s new!

Equal parts excitement and anticipation thrummed throughout her body. “That was...a mistake,” she said,
The wind. Yes, the wind slammed the door. And there was a bit of a mess. The apartment was not ready to have 'coffee after the date'. Yes. The apartment.

“Don’t let it happen again.”
That’s brazen! eek

that Lois Lane and her penchant for ruining relationships would single-handedly destroy not only their chance at romance but their friendship and partnership as well.
She’s kind of like the bad guys in Indy 3, choosing the wrong cup all the time.

And he told her, speaking more with his gaze and the warmth and desire that seemed to radiate off of him, that there weren’t any doors here tonight.
They’re outside, so, no doors.

Her arms found their way around his back, and the warmth of his hand as he cradled her cheek and deepened the kiss only intensified things.
Umm… Metropolis has public indecency laws. Ever since that airport kiss, Lex lobbied until they established it three weeks later.

All too soon, he was pulling away, the warmth of his lips disappearing and leaving her bereft.
PERRY: Great, he broke my star reporter…

It was regret and longing and admission all in one as his body finished its turn away from her and sped half a block away.
rotflol
That’s not gonna leave her behind, all confused and bothered.

As in, he was in front of her and then he was down the street half a block, standing in front of a silver sedan and ripping the driver’s side door off as if no time at all had passed.
Oh, that kind of sped. And he’s ticked off that Mayson was stalking them. Doesn’t want a “single, white female” situation on his hands.

His eyes found hers, and the look of trepidation and remnants of desire—Clark's eyes on Superman's face, still wearing Clark's ruined suit—made her pulse race and some unknown emotion tug at her heart.
Desire. Hmm… no, that would be pure, adrenaline fueled lust.

But...uh, thank you, Superman. Thank you for saving my life.”
Does she know?

“Where is Clark? Wasn’t he supposed to come with you?” Mayson asked,
Clark got caught up in the blast and wasn’t seen since. I’m sure he’s fine, though.

But I’m sure...he’ll be here as soon as he can.” Lois looked to Clark, hoping these words couldn’t be misinterpreted.
Translation: I don’t want you to be alone with the blonde hussy.

As much as she disliked Mayson, she didn’t wish her any harm.
Well, permanent harm.

...how he always came back to her, without fail. Again and again and again. She held back a gasp. He loved her.
That’s gonna send her in tailspin.

But she knew they were both too nervous, too unsure after everything that had happened.
Will she accept an alien boyfriend? What about his cluster of groupies?

He hadn’t done it to hurt her, and when it had come right down to it, he’d revealed himself in front of her—a split-second decision about the single biggest secret of his life. And that had to mean there was a monumental amount of trust he had in her.
Yes, when it came right down to it, he had to save Mayson, no matter the cost.

He was biting his lower lip ever so slightly, and the thought flitted through her mind that she would very much like the chance to bite his lip too.
So, a wee bit horny, are we?

Oh god, she shouldn’t be thinking that. Should she?
No.
PERRY: I’m gonna kill him for breaking my best reporter.

And what was next? They needed to talk, she knew, but that was bound to be all sorts of scary and uncomfortable. Kissing, however, that had been comfortable. Very comfortable.
laugh I wonder if she might not have at some point gotten a small safe for her apartment where she can lock up her current stories when she takes a man to her bed.

. He was still holding her hand, and she had no idea what to do next. Other than not slamming the door in his face.
laugh

She melted into him, her hands running up along his shoulders and to the nape of his neck,
You know, he’s fully reclinable. One squeeze and they’re horizontally, her resting on top of him as they keep kissing.

She still had no idea what came next, but if it involved more of that...
LOIS: how long since I changed the sheets…?

Talk?” She couldn’t even think straight with his hands still at her hips. Talking certainly sounded like a logical next step, but all of a sudden, inviting her partner in for coffee after a long day seemed like a really dangerous proposition. She didn’t trust herself, not if he kissed like that when he wasn’t holding back, when there weren’t any secrets between them anymore.
What’s the worst that could happen? He already knows all her story details. So, pregnancy? Death within 24 hours due to unknown sickness? Jimmy interruptus? H G Wells showing up? Marriage proposal?

Secrets. A secret. The secret. Somehow, she’d all but forgotten.
SUPERMAN: Apparently, I’m not that memorable…

figuring out who put a hit out on the ADA
No more calling her ‘Mayson’.

Her breath caught and her eyes went wide as she realized what he must be thinking, that her behavior in the last two minutes must seem like she was about to run, hide, slam the door in his face again. She shook her head at him, finally meeting his eyes. “Clark...” Her briefcase and keys hit the floor with a thump and a clatter, and in two quick strides she closed the distance between them,
Nice one!

“It’s not...this isn’t...I wasn’t going to slam the door in your face.”
rotflol

“It’s just that I have a lot to process, and when you kiss me like that, I can’t think straight.”
She could simply accept the consequences?
LOIS: Is he nuts?

I promise. But first...the story,” she said, feeling hesitant until he gave her that lopsided grin of his. “I’ll bring coffee.”
And then another story and another. Getting lexnapped. Meeting Call-Me-Daniel. Getting frozen. Getting cloned. Meeting Clark’s wife. So much to happen before they can consummate.

LOIS: You want to come in for some coffee?

That was a kissy first part clap Looking forward to getting to part 2. Hmm…not today, though…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Damn, I'd never read the final version of this?? Shame on me!!

It's such an intriguing story but also so sweet, seeing Lois's POV and all the revelations she's going through - about Superman, about Clark, about her own feelings!! And the kissing scenes are so good 🤩🤩

Off to read the second chapter!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard