Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Honestly, what is it with me that I can only participate in challenges that have to do with paws and fur? LOL! Anyhow, this is in response to the Walk the Dog Challenge. So happy to write something for Ficlet Friday! Thanks Sara for the quick turnaround.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Morgana; 03/10/24 11:41 AM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
The only problem is, what IS the long story?

The ending did explain why Krypto was impacted by the cat swipe.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 03/08/24 01:18 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
What an adorable entry into this challenge series!!

I love that you're building up Krypto's personality, describing him as 'irrepressible' and 'bounding' everywhere! I can only imagine the amount of energy a Kryptonian dog would have!!

Momentarily caught off guard, Clark gave her an uneasy grin and said, “Uh, yeah. My foreign … assignment ended. Nice to see you too Mrs. Harper.”
So cute! This so wonderfully captures Clark!

...and walked down the hallway as if he owned the place.
Perfect cat description!

It did.
rotflol

All the while the kitty watched Krypto intently, growling softly.
lol

Krypto: Fine. But I want to know how you got to Terra.
OMG, yaaaaas, an alien cat! I love the potential chaos that this sets up!
Very cute!

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Well, you already know what I think! Funny, adorable, and delightful!!

Thanks so much for walking Krypto this week!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Streaky! laugh

~•~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

The only problem is, what IS the long story?

The ending did explain why Krypto was impacted by the cat swipe.

There is a long story, but don't ask me, ask Pepper/Streaky!

Seriously though, this story is inspired from the first meeting between my dog Dax and cat Pepper. It was exactly as described and it took awhile for the two of them to become friends. So it was perfect to make their first meeting a ficlet. So glad you liked it!

Last edited by Morgana; 03/09/24 02:18 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
JadedEvie

OMG, yaaaaas, an alien cat! I love the potential chaos that this sets up!

Once Krypto entered the boards, how could I forget about Streaky? Thank you so much for leaving a comment, it is much appreciated!

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!
What happens when a Kryptonian dog meets an Earth bound kitty?
CATWOMAN: Good boy! Goooood booooy! Here’s a treat for you. Now, let kitty into vault, okay?

The pup was super excited to be in his new home.
No powers yet. Good for the kitty.

That must have been the cover story Lois and Perry had cooked up to hide his disappearance.
“Clark’s getting a divorce” certainly doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Krypto, upon hearing his name and thinking Clark might want to take him on another walk, sprang up the stairs with happy abandon.
Ooops!

Suddenly, the two animals stared at each other, and their human staff members were afraid something bad was going to happen.

It did.
Oooooops!

Krypto stepped into the hallway, advanced on the frightened cat, and proceeded to sniff the feline’s rear enthusiastically. He wanted to be friends.

Clark cautiously said, “Krypto … that’s not a good idea, leave the kitty __”

Before another word escaped Clark’s lips, Pepper smacked Krypto hard on the tip of his nose.
That’s exactly what happened when Batman did the same thing with Catwoman.
BATMAN: I did not. Sniff, I mean. I simply had to pat her down to find hidden diamonds. Or lockpicks.

Krypto: Streaky, why did you hit me? I just wanted to say hello! My new owner’s uncle put that device in our heads so we could ‘silent talk’.

Pepper: Remember humans think animals are dumb. On this planet dogs chase cats. We have to pretend to be enemies, before we can be friends.

Krypto: Fine. But I want to know how you got to Terra.

Pepper: It’s a long story…
Where’s that reference from? And boy, the next one is going to have fun! […]checks internet. Aaaahhhh…

I am surprised how mature Krypto sounds?

Also, did enjoy the trademark Morgana scenery bits and Krypto chasing around the apartment clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Aww, one of the first things Clark's doing after returning home (pobably after informing Lois and the folks) is taking care of his new dog. So thoughtful and clark-ish!
The interaction between KRypto and his new frenemy was fun. Totally can see that happen. I didn't saw the reveal at the end coming but that sure will cause some mayhem haha.
They are all in for so much trouble!
And, we now also know that Krypto = smart!Kryptonian dog because why not?

There's one little detail that bugs me though, regarding continuity. As in "Rules are rules" it's established animals aren't allowed in Clark's apartment building. But it looks like that neighbor of his has that cat for a while so that's a bit of a problem there... Hrm, maybe the story and neighbor can be shifted to Lois' building instead to fix this? IDK...

Anyway, there certainly is lots of fun to come from this that can be explored in future ficlets. Nice little story!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Cute Ficlet. I loved the cat/dog interaction. Such a fun Idea to have an alien cat.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ksarasara

Well, you already know what I think! Funny, adorable, and delightful!!

Walking the dog is always a pleasure!

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Queen of the Capes

Streaky! laugh

No way can I write about Krypto and not include my favorite super kitty! Before anyone asks, will there be other adventures from these two? Maybe....

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Michael

What happens when a Kryptonian dog meets an Earth bound kitty?
CATWOMAN: Good boy! Goooood booooy! Here’s a treat for you. Now, let kitty into vault, okay?

Hilarious!

Where’s that reference from? And boy, the next one is going to have fun! […]checks internet. Aaaahhhh…

Glad Streaky was located. He and Krypto really have been forgotten. To be honest, until he appeared in The Gift he has never come to mind as long as I have been in this fandom. blush So glad all of that is changing.

I am surprised how mature Krypto sounds?

Nope, like with Clark, we truly do not know how long Kryptonians (or their pets) live. It is quite possible Krypto and Pepper/Streaky are very old in comparison with their Earth counterparts.

Also, did enjoy the trademark Morgana scenery bits and Krypto chasing around the apartment clap

Writing about Pepper and Dax's meeting was pure joy! I miss them both very much. Pepper was seventeen when Dax, a happy yellow Lab, moved into her forever home. The beginning of their time together was a little rocky, but eventually Pepper allowed her to have a place in our home.

Last edited by Morgana; 03/16/24 02:27 PM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bakasi

Cute Ficlet. I loved the cat/dog interaction. Such a fun Idea to have an alien cat.

Yes! Although this is a true story...minus super powers and 'silent talk' I could not figure out how to have Pepper survive bopping the dog on the nose. Enter Streaky! Writing a cute, QUICK story was a neat change of pace for me.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
BlindPassenger
There's one little detail that bugs me though, regarding continuity. As in "Rules are rules" it's established animals aren't allowed in Clark's apartment building. But it looks like that neighbor of his has that cat for a while so that's a bit of a problem there... Hrm, maybe the story and neighbor can be shifted to Lois' building instead to fix this? IDK...

Anyway, there certainly is lots of fun to come from this that can be explored in future ficlets. Nice little story!

My take on this is that Clark got home after the rules against four-legged pets went into effect. Since Mrs. Harper, a long-time resident, has had Pepper before the rule, the kitty is grandfathered in. It will only be a short time before Lois and Clark are married, so Krypto's presence shouldn't be a problem.

Hmmm, purrhaps if Krypton and Pepper put their paws together, whistle they can come up with a better solution?

Glad you enjoyed the story!

Morgana

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
I guess that could work. Like, you hardly can kick out a long-time rentee's pet over something like that...I assume. :-)

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard