Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Fic can be found here.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh I love it! clap Thank you so much for sharing this! I love seeing Lois be clever like this, and I'm glad Clark was able to defuse the Mad Dog Bomb. smile

~•~
Blogger
Blogger
LOVED IT! ❤️

“When am I going to be good enough for you?” Those softly spoken words are a punch to the gut.

This bit had me whinging whinging

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This is a perfect revelation. With Lois and Clark being in such close quarters, it seems obvious that she'd notice the meaning of his disappearing acts. Well done.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Toomi!
As I approach the small cabin, I hear Lois’ heartbeat, so I know she’s safe and inside, just as I left her an hour ago with a lame excuse to cover my hopefully brief absence.
But will it be safe to enter?

“How’s the septic system?” She asks while focusing on the fire.
I think she might know.

I wonder if I’ve left the door open as it has suddenly become a little frosty in the tiny cabin.
laugh

. I spot the rolled up papers in the fire and stare at her in shock.

Her eyes are cold.
He might be knee deep in the aforementioned septic tank.

She knows. And she’s angry.
Oh, look! It suddenly rose up to his waist.

I’m quick, but I feel like I’m wading through sand instead of moving at super-speed as I blow gently on the fire, encasing it with ice. I hope I haven’t misread Lois, as she’s turned pale, saying nothing.
That would be an embarrassing revelation.

She walks through the ankle-deep snow, using the footprints I left behind when I’d made my feeble excuse. I can see where my footprints end, just beyond the little cabin, and where hers continue for a few steps longer.
Oops?

“When am I going to be good enough for you?” Those softly spoken words are a punch to the gut.
Umm… Lois?

“How long have you known?” I try to bide my time.

“Known, known? About five minutes.”
laugh

When she’s being more stubborn than usual, she sets her jaw and her chin tilts up a bit, just as it is now. I find it adorable, but there’s an excellent chance she isn’t in the mood to hear that from me… yet.
They’re both adorable!

I see her shoulders relax, and know I’ve avoided a nuclear-sized Lois Lane meltdown, for now.
Booom!

My dearest friend knows my secret, and we’re still able to joke around with each other. Maybe someday soon I’ll be able to share how I really feel about her.
Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if they started dating Mayson and Call-Me-Daniel next?

That was an unexpected revelation clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Ooooh I love it! clap Thank you so much for sharing this! I love seeing Lois be clever like this, and I'm glad Clark was able to defuse the Mad Dog Bomb. smile

Yes, sometimes Clark does better than others at defusing that bomb... Next time he might not be so lucky.

Originally Posted by 90stvfangirl
LOVED IT! ❤️

This bit had me whinging whinging

Aww... I had to do it. Mad Lois still has a way with words.

Originally Posted by bakasi
This is a perfect revelation. With Lois and Clark being in such close quarters, it seems obvious that she'd notice the meaning of his disappearing acts. Well done.

Thank you

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Toomi!

When she’s being more stubborn than usual, she sets her jaw and her chin tilts up a bit, just as it is now. I find it adorable, but there’s an excellent chance she isn’t in the mood to hear that from me… yet.
They’re both adorable!

Aren't they just!

My dearest friend knows my secret, and we’re still able to joke around with each other. Maybe someday soon I’ll be able to share how I really feel about her.
Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if they started dating Mayson and Call-Me-Daniel next? [/quote]

dizzy Ssh... don't bring those two into this fic help

That was an unexpected revelation clap

wave Michael

Thanks for reading!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She walks through the ankle-deep snow, using the footprints I left behind when I’d made my feeble excuse. I can see where my footprints end, just beyond the little cabin, and where hers continue for a few steps longer. Even in the dark it’s painfully obvious there are no more footsteps. While I silently berate myself for not being more careful, Lois stops, her arms wrapped around herself in an effort to keep some of the warmth in. It’s cool outside and I don’t have a jacket, just a warm woolen sweater.

Yes Clark, you are so definitely in trouble. Toomis8, this is an excellent reveal, best of all Lois was not Mad Dog Lane throughout the story. It was a calm, mature conversation between two friends who work together.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I wonder if I’ve left the door open as it has suddenly become a little frosty in the tiny cabin.
Such a great detail that he can read her this well from so little.

She knows. And she’s angry.
Oh, yikes.

Do I react, or let the papers burn? Flames from the fire are licking eagerly around the rolled paper, testing the edges and finding them easy to burn. It’ll take seconds for all of Lois’ meticulous notes to turn into ashes.
It's like we know it's a test, and she's set him up no matter what he chooses. Oof, great entrapement.

Oh, man, this line READ like a punch to the gut!

I’m slightly surprised that’s all it took.
I found this just deeply funny.

Her tone flat, I realize I’m one foot in mouth moment away from losing her.
I love this phrasing!

“Of what? You can’t be hurt!”
“I can.”
“Oh, right. I’d forgotten.”
“I wasn’t thinking of that.”
This sweetly reinforces that the strongest man in the world is also one of the most vulnerable.

"...You could possibly be a bigger target than before.” If that’s possible.
rotflol

"I will always worry about you, Lois,” I say softly, meaning every word with a depth I won’t go into right now.
This is such a poignant encapsulation of the way he holds back - it really feels like the best of the show.

This was such a sweet reveal, and so in character!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard