Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Gahhhh! Finally broke through the latest bout of writer's block! Um...this one was a bit of a challenge to steer around and actually get the kiss part of the challenge accomplished, but we made it!! party

Let me know what you think!!

Ficlet is here!

Series TOC: 110 Kisses—A Collection of Ficlets

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Freelance Reporter
Online Content
Freelance Reporter
A
Awww! So sweet! No words needed from Clark - no questions, no comments, just the kiss. It was perfect.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohhh this was beautiful!!! Thank you for this!! *Melts into happy puddle*

~•~
Blogger
Blogger
Yikes I forgot Clark actually said: If that’s what you want, then fine! Get in bed with the devil! shocked

He was definitely saying that to Lois: I’ve never seen anything so beautiful in all my life. ❤️

“You! I chose you!” I blurt out and then clap my hand over my mouth. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Love this one! What’s next?

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Lovely story. Thanks so much for sharing. This was really a sweet one.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Thank you to Bek for Bring and encouraging me…by that, I mean, kicking me in the pants until I finally wrote something.
[Linked Image]

Hope for me, because I’d have the Daily Planet back again. I’d have my job back, my partner, my—
There there…

Somehow. Somehow, I still have him.

Just…as a partner. As a friend. Forever. Just like I wanted, he said.
Awww… also, be careful what you wish for.

The words echo in my mind, reverberating and playing over and over again, torturing me as I try to figure out where the heck I went wrong.
See that crossing two blocks back? You should have turned left instead of going straight ahead.

I’ve never seen anything so beautiful in all my life.

I want those words back.
Did I already say ‘awwww’?

I want those back too. I want them to be as true and as scary as they sounded at the time. Because maybe now they’re not as scary.

Or, at least, not having them is far scarier. Colder. Lonelier.
Poor dear. I mean, yeah, she screwed the pooch, but still, poor dear.

Would it be so wrong for me to believe his words today were the lie? That surely no one could lie so well?
The lie only works if you want to believe it.

I let my eyes wander around my apartment, and I have this feeling like something is missing. But I know everything is here.
Her heart?

My ability to see beyond the veil of secrecy and expose the naked truth.
So, to summarize, she’d like to surprise Clark fresh out of the shower, remove that terrycloth veil he got tied around his hips and expose his naked truth?

I stare at my computer across the room and wonder if I should work on my novel, but then a little voice in my head reminds me I obviously don’t know the first thing about romance, that I have no business writing about it.
She could write about “Vicki and Bruce, The New Adventures of Batman”.

He hasn’t since… It’s been a while since he’s come over.
Awww…

Because we’re friends. Just friends.
There, there.

He’s giving me movie choices that I can’t quite hear, but I’m sure one of them is bound to be Lethal Weapon.
Yes, but which one?

LOIS: The one with Mel Gibson’s naked backside.

I have no idea which movie I want to watch. I really only care that Clark is here and that I’ll get to sit next to him on the couch, like old times.
Awwww

him challenging me mentally, professionally, and me rising to meet him, always his equal even though I’d always liked to claim otherwise.
She’s cute!

There’s no way of avoiding getting to know a person intimately that way. Friends. Partners.

Forever?
So, she’d like to have a friend whom she knows intimately and who will remain her partner forever?

Even though it’s too late, I know now. And it is, isn’t it? It’s too late. Right?
Well, he didn’t show up with the blonde, yet, so there’s hope.

“Have you made your choice, Lois?” His voice is soft and gentle, and he sounds a bit worried.

“What?” I ask, blinking and letting the room around me come back into focus.
You’re having way too much fun there!

“Your choice…” he repeats, holding up the movies, one in either hand. “Lethal Weapon or The Princess Bride. Personally, I’m voting for Pri—”

“You! I chose you!” I blurt out and then clap my hand over my mouth.
shock

Things you get for not properly socializing Lois these past few weeks. She’s forgotten how to talk to people.

He still isn’t talking, but his face seems to be saying so much. I can’t be sure of what it means, but I can guess. I can guess and I can hope.
It would be so embarrassing if he had to return his cheese of the month to the pet rental place right now.

. I watch him reach down to take my hands in his—they’re warm, and trembling slightly—and he raises them to his lips, brushing a few gentle kisses against my knuckles.
Awwwwww

I’m tempted to get lost there, in the deep pools that seem to hold only love and tenderness for me, and a healthy edge of desire.
Well, the story qualifies as WAFF.

I’m tempted to get lost there, in the deep pools that seem to hold only love and tenderness for me, and a healthy edge of desire.
devil

“What now?”

“You pick a movie?”
laugh

His thumb grazes softly against my cheek. “Can I choose you?”

The End
Awwwwwwwwwwww

Very sweet ficlet clap And the story part was even longer than the A/N wink

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sweet! I love WAFFy stories. love

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
Columnist
I thought I commented on this. I love this. I wish we would have seen this, even though, they did need to get back to their friendship before moving forward.

I loved the scene you wrote about that moment in front of the Daily Planet sign. Yes, I choose him also. Thank you for getting out of the slump.

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I just love this series! So thoughtful and sweet and satisfying.

Hope for me, because I’d have the Daily Planet back again. I’d have my job back, my partner, my—
I choke on a sob and then take a shuddering breath.
Omg, Sara, just tear my heart out.

God, how I thought that was the moment.
This is so nuanced, in context. Hope can be our worst enemy.

Tell him that I was only scared of losing everything in this world that was precious to me…
Nice repetition here, really sweet and effective.

I’ve never seen anything so beautiful in all my life.
I want those words back.
I've been in love with you for a long time. You must have known.
I want those back too.
Ugh, it's so crushing to want a moment in time back. Love the way you're escalating this here.

Would it be so wrong for me to believe his words today were the lie? That surely no one could lie so well?
So well done, because it's evocative but she's also right, which makes it all the more painful.

...but then a little voice in my head reminds me I obviously don’t know the first thing about romance, that I have no business writing about it.
lol

...and wearing a smile that looks hopeful but cautious. Friendly.
I feel like he's still wearing his heart on his sleeve.

My heart clenches and my breath catches, hoping beyond hope that today was the lie after all.
That was a gamble! Classic Lois!

And this time when our eyes meet, he nods, just slightly, as though he’s just as scared as I am in this moment.
This whole tentative approach is so sweet, and it really feels like he's suspended out there on that limb with her. Also smart of him to not make any sudden movements, lest she change her mind again.
“You pick a movie?”
I laugh lightly, half from relief at the way the tension so suddenly left the room.
I love when a character's dialogue has a similar effect on the reader as it does on the character. Nicely written.

Looking forward to the next hundred of these!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love this! It’s so sweet. Thanks for making me smile and warming my heart. I needed this today.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard