A
AmandaK Online Content OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Online Content
Freelance Reporter
A
Chapter 5
TOC

This chapter got pretty intense. I don't usually write these sort of scenes. However, this is the last flashback (for now) and brings us back to the present. I originally meant to have day 1 finished by the end of Chapter 4 but we still need to get reactions from the Lois and the Kents, so chapter 6 will deal with that. It just seemed best to end this chapter where I did. Much still to come. We will see more of the boys soon and plans will be made.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was heartbreaking! Such a tragedy. mecry Poor Jor. sad

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My goodness so much has happened to Clark in ten years! Now that he's back on Earth its going to take some time for him to readjust to a new normal. Will he go back to the Daily Planet? Will he stay in Kansas? We won't even discuss his relationship with Lois!

So much to consider and there is a youngster's feelings to consider as well.

Next part please? grovel

Last edited by Morgana; 02/21/24 08:54 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Finally caught up. What an intense chapter. Such a shame it had to end like this. But I'm curious for Jor's journey now that he has to find his place on Earth and reconnect with Clark.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Great new chapter!
Well, revolutions are rarely pretty. And when it's with a society that is not used to stuff like that, it's even more hard. The fact the war only ended due to Nor's "natural" dead is bittersweet irony.
The sad thing is: I'm pretty sure Clark and Zara wouldn't have been against no longer being at rule and working with the NK population on a solution that works for them. I think the big problem here is lack of communication/miscommunication. As in, the "rulers" were not allowed/able to to get in touch with the resistance groups, and their leaders weren't let through to them. The sutpid council stood in the way in the middle and blocked everything from either side as they were too obsessed with their own power and short-sighted thinking. In a world without stuff like socila media and possibilities of free interconnection/getting to know each other, that's all hard to work out. HAd they been able to get into talks, I'm sure that outcome could have been avoided.
Love the reason why it all came out. VEry credible, no traitors, and such a little thing none of them thought about.
I didn't even think about the telepathic/empahtic aspect of the NK's and how that could make the group hate/emotions boil wiht everyone feeding off each other there, especially when that's something they'r enot used to. Like they were always told the council is in control of thing but after that proved to be wrong, there was a lakc of direction and everyone set everyone else's twirling emitons even more at heat. Yeah, that would get screwed quickly.
RIP Zara and Ching.
Hrm, after knowing the whole story now, I kinda get why Jor has such a grudgy attitude towards Clark. I mean, form his POV, both of his parents/most important people in life were left behind/sacrificed so his "father"/the man who lied to him all his life could get away with him instead. I can see why a part of him wishes it would have been his mom or even Ching instead and why that part is angry of Clark for having "stolen" their place in the ship. That might also be osmehting Clark, himself, has not realized yet. And all the trauma...well, fuck. I assume this kid will also need a serious therapy to deal with this stuff.
Anyway, good chap, now looking forward to the present stuff, the adjusting of all of them and so on. Keep it up!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard