Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
So many stories, so little time! Now is the time to catch up on our reading before Kerth nominations begin.

Authors, this is your chance to pitch the stories you wrote this year to readers who might have missed them when they were originally posted!

Please post ONE reply with a list of your favorite things you wrote in 2023. Then give us 1-3 sentences each to tell us what makes it special. It doesn’t have to just be a summary of the plot – it’s okay to tell us what you like about your story! Are you proud of your shocking revelation twist? Do you think your Henderson kicks ass and you had SO much fun writing Martha? Is your story so full of WAFFy goodness that it promises to melt even the iciest of hearts? This is your chance to say so!

Important note: We’d like this thread to serve as a year in review guide written by the authors, so please don’t reply to these posts. This will help us keep the thread easy to navigate and keep story pitches from getting buried in conversation. We’ll have a separate thread where readers can chime in and tell us what they loved this year! Any reader feedback posted here, will be moved to the Reader’s Year in Review.

Have a question? Ask it here! Or you can PM any of the K-Com members or reach out on Discord too! You can also send an email to us here: Kcom@kerthawards.com

In order to help you find all things Kerth for this year, we’ve created a TOC for all the πŸ†2024 Kerth Award PostsπŸ†.

The Kerth Committee
(KSaraSara, Darth Michael, lovetvfan, and JadedEvie)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Murder Over Metropolis... by far was my favorite that I wrote. Why? Because we barely see murder mysteries, which I love. Plus, it was a little bit of a love story. And we never knew what I was going to throw out to the reader and stick! A real labor of love with that story.

Who murdered Lex Luthor? Was it Clark? Was Luthor faking his death? And who else is involved?

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Two of my fics are my favorites this year.

The One Where Mayson Lives

The title helps sum it up. Mayson doesn't die in the car bomb! How does Clark deal with her knowing his secret?

Don't click if you haven't read it wink

I love that there's two reveals. The Mayson reveal isn't mine, it's from the show, but how she bluntly tells Clark that he's being an idiot towards Lois.

It was fun to write Mayson's character from a different angle, now that she's not fawning all over him.

Could'a, Would'a, Should'a

Lois is given an opportunity to fix one moment in her life. How does she?

It's hard to say much about this without giving away the plot, which is partially revealed in chapter two. If you haven't read it, give it a shot. Probably one of the favourite fics I've written for this fandom.

If you have read it, or don't mind being spoiled....

HoL leaves so many holes in the plot it's so hard not to play in them. This entire fic was propelled by the final scene in chapter ten, where Lois essentially dies and the rest of it was crafted around that. I love the reveal for Lois (again, chapter ten) and I tried to write it as a time, place and moment reveal to the reader too. Hopefully that worked!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, my muse went a bit ballistic with the Investigate Series, which included Beckoning, Horizons, and Flare. Below are the tidbits I had the most fun writing for each:

Beckoning--- I admittedly thrive off of fight and rescue scenes, but for this fic my favorite scenes involved the paratroopers' when they
went in to rescue Superman from the abandoned Paint factory
and
saved Superman's life after he had stopped Ta'peel.
However, expanding on Kal's aura was a close second, especially in regard to how it affected his relationship with Lois.

Horizons--- I had been dying to write a fix-it for TOGOM for a LONG TIME, and this fic finally gave me an opportunity to do exactly what I had wanted. It also gave an an opportunity to do another fix-it that helped our favorite
AltClark have what we all wanted him to have in the show
. I'll also say that this fic had the most intense kissing scene I think I've ever written (writing romance is extremely hard for me so this stretched me a bit there).

Flare--- Admittedly, Flare had been in the back of my mind for well over a year, but I had to wait until I had written the two Acts before it simply because it was the resolution to
Kal's partial blindness
. I wanted to make it a big deal, and I feel like I accomplished what I wanted, though looking back I think I might have been better off splitting this Act into two separate fics due to the different feel of the second half, but oh well. The second half was admittedly more for fun than anything else.

Anchored--- I like 'what-if' scenarios and find supernatural plots intriguing, so being able to do both at once had been fun. I also love being able to give Lois a problem she is determined to solve, especially when it involves the man she believes is two....

Paper Cut--- I think this is my favorite fic I wrote this year, though it's probably because I'm a sucker for revelations where
Lois figures it out without blowing up
and situations where Lois
has to help an injured Superman
. Madam Ex is also one of my favorite episodes....

Last edited by Blueowl; 02/03/24 10:19 PM.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard