Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
There is a God!!
help In typical Lois fashion she thinks she can just get a divorce if that's what she wants. Once again, I fear for her (as does Clark). But I am beginning to see that Lois is getting much needed support on her side of the Atlantic in form of her new boss, Dave.

I am torn about wanting to see the next scene with Lois and Lex. How much does he already know? Isn't it possible that Nigel kind of disappeared, got stranded on a deserted island, lost on his way home with no way of reporting to his boss? goofy Forgive me.

Natascha (once again in awe of your writing ability. You are so eloquent, I envy your command of the English language)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm so excited! This is awesome! thumbsup

~Nicole smile

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow. This is absolutely fantastic.

So hauntingly well-written. So poignant and sweet. This is as beautiful as it could possibly be:

Her hand slid down his arm and seized his, stirring him back to awareness. Without breaking eye contact, he raised their entwined fingers to his lips and kissed them softly, reverently.

It was his vow to love and cherish her for the rest of their life.

It was her vow to never leave him.

He felt her fingertips quiver slightly under the soft pressure of his lips. She looked down at him, eyes dark and clouded with longing, exerting a spell on him that nothing could break. The desire radiating from her hypnotised him completely. Nothing could jerk him out of his fantasy. Nothing could come between them. No twisted hand of fate could rear its ugly head and tear them apart...

Nothing at all...

Not even the cold, solid object contrasting with the warm softness of her fingers. Not even the bright spark of diamond reflected in a stream of moonlight. Not even that sharp tug of reality that reminded him that this night of bliss was only a figment of his imagination, a dream that would fade with the first rays of dawn.
The emotion of this, the haunting , ominous sense of made-in-heaven love being attacked and prohibited and heartbreakingly undone by the cruel rules of society and the horrible schemes and the pure evil of Lex Luthor... You show the absolute tenderness and beauty of Clark and Lois's love in away that takes my breath away. And then Clark's bittersweet-bitter realization that this is all a dream... All in all, it is incredibly beautiful.

I very much liked the scene with Lois and her new boss, David, too. Hopefully David will prove to be a very useful ally of hers. The idea that Lois doesn't know how evil Lex is is so bad that it is almost unbearable. I have to admit that I find Lex so horrible that I'm not looking forward to seeing him in this fic. But please understand I'm not crazy enough to suggest you should remove him from it!

I, too, was mesmerized by the first part of this and so wanted to read the sequel. It's absolutely great to have you back with the sequel now!!!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Thank you thank you.

A sequel to one of favorite stories. Can't wait to see what happens next. It feels like near wild heaven never ended.

Tahu

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh. my. goodness.

I'm *sooo* excited to see this being posted, Kae!!! I have to leave for church in like, two seconds, but I wanted to post and say "WOOHOO!!!" before I left <g>. I can't wait until I get home so that I can read it (okay, so I did sneak a peek at the first few paragraphs - I couldn't help myself! Terrific stuff so far!) I'll be back to edit this post to leave more FDK, but for now...

I love you for posting this!! (Well, I love you anyway, but really, really, like, a lot, now <g>)

Trace dance

Features Writer
Features Writer
now i'm going to read that story now i need to catch up wow
Beautiful written
got some reading to do bye thumbsup thumbsup

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
Finally! I loved NWH 1 qnd have been eagerly awaiting its sequel looking forward to part 2!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
OMG, I still haven't read it but what a nice suprise. Thanks a million.I wasn't expecting it. smile1

Lucie

Top Banana
Top Banana
Kaethel!

What a wonderful surprise! I had forgotten that I read that story long ago and finally the sequel! It is awesome! I'm not going to be redundant and say everything that everyone else has already said. You know by now that this is a great story and bound to only become greater. I'm anxiously looking forward to more of this soon! party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is really good news. I read Wild Heaven a couple of months ago and thought it was a legend in the making. Ending it halfway took a lot from it though. Hopefully that is about to change. It couldn't have happened to a more suitable story. smile1

What's next; a sequel to Burnout? laugh

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
You know that feeling when you get off a *great* roller coaster ride... the adrenaline is still rushing through you, and you don't know what to do with all that energy? You feel like you're just gonna burst, but it's a great feeling?

Well, that's kinda like I'm feeling right now... only... better?

You really have no idea how much I've been wanting to read this!! I cried when I saw this - that should tell you something. wink (Though part of that crying was because I'm just so darned happy for you and proud of you!)

Feedback... well, let's first recap a bit of NWH, shall we? More accurately, let's recap Sara's NWH Journey. *g* (read: I'm going to embarrass myself for you, Kae, because this momentous occasion calls for it. wink )

About five years ago, I read this brilliant story. I was truly blown away by it. I, being a silly 21 year old who hadn't yet mastered the art of writing, was just... in awe, really.

Right now, I can *still* remember how I felt while reading it. The panic and heartache when they first saw each other in the cafe, the daring to hope in the garden, the complete and utter heartwrenching pain Clark was in before Lois showed up. I can't remember how many times I've read it, but the images are still so very vivid in my head. Someone says NWH, and a whole world of images flood my mind (and I might as well be truthful, though corny, the emotions start to flood through me, too).

Flash forward a couple years from the time NWH first came out...

I found my way back online after an internet hiatus, found myself in IRC and... managed to end up in the channel with *THE* Kaethel!! Holy cow, was I starstruck!!! eek And then (once past the shock and finally being able to type again... semi-coherently, I'm sure), I found out that she was my age! And NOT a native English speaker! eek Seriously... When I first read the story, I was sure that the author was mid-thirties; she had to be, being such a brilliant writer! Well, let's just say that I was even more in awe after that!

Now... after long last, we finally have NWH II!!! sloppy

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a terrific first chapter! I haven't read the first "Near Wild Heaven," but as soon as I finish posting this, I'm off to find it.

The writing was absolutely wonderful, and I love love loved Dave. His conversation with Lois made it clear that he cares about her well-being, and not just because she's an employee or Lex's wife — he genuinely cares and worries about *her.*

And such spot-on dialogue:
“ ... The point is, you’re working two offices away, and I’m not about to shuffle my staff around so that you can — ”

“Live in peace? Be realistic, Dave. She’s the ringleader of those who keep saying that I only got the job because I sleep with the big boss.”

Dave shrugged. “And what do you want me to do, fire her?”

“I know you can’t. After all, she’s right: I do sleep with the boss.”
*loves* Sardonic, no-nonsense Lois is my favorite.

And this:
“ ... since I arrived here, I’ve always known you as quiet and subdued. Then all of a sudden, you’re irritable, pig-headed, you pick a fight with Linda, then you storm out and slam the door of your office, where you sulk for most of the afternoon — ”

“I don’t sulk!”

He cocked his head to the side and smiled. “You did today.”

“Well, all right, sometimes I do. So what? I just hadn’t had any good sulking-occasion since you got the job, that’s all.”

“Lois ... ”

“Dave, if you talked to Perry White, he would tell you that I *am* irritable, that I pick fights and bark at half the other members of the staff, that I can storm out and slam doors on a daily basis, and that sulking is an art at which I’m rather skilled.”

“So am I seeing the real Lois at last?”

She grinned. “Possibly.”

“I think I like her.”
That's just ... perfect. So Lois. And (as if I didn't before), I heart Dave.

Thanks so much for sharing this; I can't wait to read the next chapter!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah! I saw the FDK thread and said...no. It can't be! But it is! I just read the first part and it was great!! I do worry about Lois. What, does she think she can just stroll in for a divorce from him if she decides? I like her editor; I like the fact that she has some support and insight on her side right now. I just hope he doesn't screw anything up now that he knows about Clark. Can't wait for the next part!!

Jen smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kae

Wow, I'm so glad you're posting this. smile smile I love NWH and I can't wait to read this.

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Oh my god! I couldn't believe it when I saw you posted. I had serious computer's problem that forced me away for some times, but I'm back just in time to see that! What a great surprise!

And what a great part, too!

Ditto everything the other said. This is fabulous!

A very sensual beginning that hooked me right from the first line. And you described Clark's feeling about the situation (an affair with a married Lois,...) perfectly.

And I like Lois' boss at LNN. He seems to be really nice. I hope he really is. It'd be so cruel if he betrayed her. She didn't seems to have that many trustworthy people around her.

“Because since I arrived here, I’ve always known you as quiet and subdued. Then all of a sudden, you’re irritable, pig-headed, you pick a fight with Linda, then you storm out and slam the door of your office, where you sulk for most of the afternoon - ”

“I don’t sulk!”

He cocked his head to the side and smiled. “You did today.”

“Well, all right, sometimes I do. So what? I just hadn’t had any good sulking-occasion since you got the job, that’s all.”

“Lois...”

“Dave, if you talked to Perry White, he would tell you that I *am* irritable, that I pick fights and bark at half the other members of the staff, that I can storm out and slam doors on a daily basis, and that sulking is an art at which I’m rather skilled.”

“So am I seeing the real Lois at last?”

She grinned. “Possibly.”

“I think I like her.” He grew serious again. “Lois, what happened in Paris?”
I think it's so great that Lois is becoming herself again, Mad Dog Lane, now that she saw Clark again, while she was different before, when she was just with Lex. I think that her change of attitude show better than words who is the good guy for her.

I'm anxiously waiting for next sunday!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Comments, suggestions, screams of frustration all welcome.
I had kind of a thought.

Wouldn't it be fun if Lois discovererd the existence of Arianna Carlin when she started filing for divorce?

I don't really remember where Lex and Arianna divorced? If not she could get an anullment That way you could get that sugarsweet L&C one marriage, one love, etc not that you seem to aim for that. smile

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WHAT?????!?!??!?!?!
Kae I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR THIS SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile1 smile1 smile1

You have been holding out on me!!!!!!!!! I am so excited YAY! More more more

never gave up!

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
KAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /me hugs Kaethel and dances around happily! goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Columnist
Columnist
jawdrop

You....You're Back!!! WOO HOO!!!! FINALLY! I was waiting for the one to come out. And if i wasn't tired I would leave more fdk. But WOOHOO!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you SOooooooo much for posting!! Oh happy day!!

Rach(Who can't wait til the next part)

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ah, Kaethel. You have no idea how thrilled I am to see this. I'd read the NWH I a few months ago and I was absolutely enthralled by it. So I flung myself into the group of people avidly waiting for the sequel. By some fortuity, I actually reread NWH just last week, and that has me perfectly primed for this.

Very interesting first chapter. I'm really liking Dave, and the rebirth of the real Lois. wink

Thank you for deciding to begin posting; add me to those ready to cheer you on.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard